Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There's more than 3 from sss, not sure how many from scorpions, 1 from fuller hamlet, 1 from aztec, 2 from ri, and maybe others mixed in
    So name a team out there that's completely homegrown.

Comment

So name a team out there that's completely homegrown.
      Why getting so defensive? NEFC not as unique as you would like everyone to believe?

Comment

There's more than 3 from sss, not sure how many from scorpions, 1 from fuller hamlet, 1 from aztec, 2 from ri, and maybe others mixed in
        I guess the point I'm trying to make is that some people seem to think that most of the team originated from Scorpions and SSS when it is completely inaccurate. There are three from SSS and maybe 3 from Scorpions and that's it. The rest either came from out of State, different country, homegrown, or transfer from another club, but I think it's time that Scorpions stop taking credit for the a few players that won the national championship.

Someone else pointed that every top team has turnover. Some players get cut, move on, while others join the team. That's the nature of top teams. I would give everyone credit for their development. From the volunteer coach who taught them how to kick and chase a ball, to the club coaches who kept working on the technical part of the game at younger ages and then the tactical coach who expanded on what the players already knew. I don't know about other clubs, but NEFC players could have a coach for 2-3 years and it will then be passed onto a coach with more experience with that age group, and then again at the older ages. JMO.

Comment

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that some people seem to think that most of the team originated from Scorpions and SSS when it is completely inaccurate. There are three from SSS and maybe 3 from Scorpions and that's it. The rest either came from out of State, different country, homegrown, or transfer from another club, but I think it's time that Scorpions stop taking credit for the a few players that won the national championship.

Someone else pointed that every top team has turnover. Some players get cut, move on, while others join the team. That's the nature of top teams. I would give everyone credit for their development. From the volunteer coach who taught them how to kick and chase a ball, to the club coaches who kept working on the technical part of the game at younger ages and then the tactical coach who expanded on what the players already knew. I don't know about other clubs, but NEFC players could have a coach for 2-3 years and it will then be passed onto a coach with more experience with that age group, and then again at the older ages. JMO.
          The girls should also get credit for their development. I'm sure they are practicing in the yard, house, and doing camps throughout the winter and summer to continue their development. These girls all have a tremendous amount of drive to get to this point.

Comment

The girls should also get credit for their development. I'm sure they are practicing in the yard, house, and doing camps throughout the winter and summer to continue their development. These girls all have a tremendous amount of drive to get to this point.
            Thanks for telling it the way it is mom!

Comment

Would you prefer FM claiming he was responsible for it?

Comment

I also think parents should get some credit. Mom gave birth to Mia and drives their child all over the place. Parents - take a bow!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X