X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

link to sunlake story

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/socce...europe/2231332

I think there was a post about this a week or so ago, but I was too lazy to look for it. This story is on-line. And, no, I am not the kid's mother.

Like someone said previously, it's about connections, not talent. Decent player, but pro level?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Like someone said previously, it's about connections, not talent. Decent player, but pro level?
      True, If you looked at the current U18 teams at TBU, Dynamo, WFF then he is not a top 10 in the area. If you throw in Clearwater and IMG DA then not even top 20. However none of those 20 kids have that option and will only be playing college.

Comment

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/socce...europe/2231332

I think there was a post about this a week or so ago, but I was too lazy to look for it. This story is on-line. And, no, I am not the kid's mother.
        He's tall but he's a lazy player with a bad attitude. They'll take the wind out of his sails overseas pretty quickly unless he does a complete 180.

Comment

Wow, what a bunch of miserable ****s you guys are, good on ya kid and best of luck.

Comment

Wow, what a bunch of miserable c unts you guys are, good on ya kid and best of luck.

Comment

Go to school kid. You played in 3A-8 an extremely weak district that last several years. I personally know 10 kids that are head and shoulders better

Comment

Go to school kid. You played in 3A-8 an extremely weak district that last several years. I personally know 10 kids that are head and shoulders better
                Yeah, what do pro scouts know? The TS community, that's who knows what's what.

Comment

Yeah, what do pro scouts know? The TS community, that's who knows what's what.
                  Scouts? No. Connections? Yes.

Either way, his foot's in the door. It's up to him to make the most of it.

Comment

What is wrong with some of you?

Congratulate the kid and give him positive support.

Comment

Just read the article. Good for the young man. He paid his dues by going over there several times and he certainly has connections. Makes me laugh about the Wiregrass coach comment. I saw that game and the Wiregrass midfield completely dominated him and not with more than one guy either. He was just too slow, tried to be fancy and was a non factor. The league coaches did not even vote him to the 3rd team all league; not even honorable mention?? Interesting. I mean I know it is HS but he gets signed by a pro team when the league coaches don't even put him on the top three teams?? The truth is somewhere in between.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X