Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Are you people from FLS really this stupid? You don't even know what recruited to play college soccer even means. Do you not understand that even D3 schools have a roster limited to so many players, usually 20 - 25. They only lose a few players every year depending on how many seniors leave. To be "recruited" even at D3 is guaranteed a roster spot on the team, so it has nothing to do with getting the players into the school, it has to do with getting them seen by those coaches and recruited by them to be given a guaranteed spot. You just don't "get in" the school and join the soccer team!! You are still recruited like any other D1 or D2 school recruits. Do you think you just get into Emory and just find out when the first day of soccer practice is and just show up and join the team? Wow, no wonder why none of your players get recruited to college soccer. You guys don't even know what being recruited means!
    You really shouldn't waste your time trying to teach FLS parents about college scholarships or recruitment. They have no idea because nobody on staff at FLS has any idea. Their comments on here speak for itself. They don't understand that a school like Emory is one of the hardest schools in the country to get recruited to for soccer. They just think because it's D3 you just get in and join the team. TB recruitment is one of the best in the country but the FLS parents will come on here and actually bash a program like TB when they don't even have a college program or anyone that has a clue how to help their players. Instead they'll just make idiotic statements like the ones on here, quoting acceptance rates and saying how easy it is to get into schools like PBA or similar schools. Who cares how easy it is to get into PBA? What does that have to do with your daughter getting a scholarship to play soccer there? I think there would be many FLS players who would be happy with that, and that was just one of all the players who were recruited to play college soccer from the TB 18's this year. Every one of their players are going on to play college soccer. When FLS has a team that's done even close to those recruitment results that's when you should come on here and bash a club like TB who is so far out of your league it's ridiculous.

Comment

You really shouldn't waste your time trying to teach FLS parents about college scholarships or recruitment. They have no idea because nobody on staff at FLS has any idea. Their comments on here speak for itself. They don't understand that a school like Emory is one of the hardest schools in the country to get recruited to for soccer. They just think because it's D3 you just get in and join the team. TB recruitment is one of the best in the country but the FLS parents will come on here and actually bash a program like TB when they don't even have a college program or anyone that has a clue how to help their players. Instead they'll just make idiotic statements like the ones on here, quoting acceptance rates and saying how easy it is to get into schools like PBA or similar schools. Who cares how easy it is to get into PBA? What does that have to do with your daughter getting a scholarship to play soccer there? I think there would be many FLS players who would be happy with that, and that was just one of all the players who were recruited to play college soccer from the TB 18's this year. Every one of their players are going on to play college soccer. When FLS has a team that's done even close to those recruitment results that's when you should come on here and bash a club like TB who is so far out of your league it's ridiculous.
      OK BD it's time for you to get off this thread, because you brought up Emory it must be you, because that school along with your other choices that you preach every year at our parents meeting is getting old. Top level players will not go to TB because you will never put yourself in a position to take a chance on getting players recruited at the D1 schools like UF, FSU, UVA, ect. Sunrise continues to do that, even BU have placed players in those schools, the Magic Jack kids are a great example. We don't need you to get our kids in a D3 school. Parents can do that with a little effort all on there own.

Signed TB parent

Comment

OK BD it's time for you to get off this thread, because you brought up Emory it must be you, because that school along with your other choices that you preach every year at our parents meeting is getting old. Top level players will not go to TB because you will never put yourself in a position to take a chance on getting players recruited at the D1 schools like UF, FSU, UVA, ect. Sunrise continues to do that, even BU have placed players in those schools, the Magic Jack kids are a great example. We don't need you to get our kids in a D3 school. Parents can do that with a little effort all on there own.

Signed TB parent
        You're too funny, every comment on here is BD, I guess he lives on here 24/7. Well, no Im not BD but yes Im a TB parent which you obviously are not. Its funny how you trash TB and BD but then you sign it as a TB parent which is as stupid as can be and lets everyone know your not and what you're agenda really is. But Im sure you'll come on here next and say that really you're a former parent, or now leaving, etc. Too funny. Once again you don't get it even by your last comment. No you dont need anyones help to "get into" schools like Emory, you only need your kids to be very very smart. But you donned someones help like TB or yes BD to get recruited to play soccer there! and yes BD has spoken about schools like Emory because they are great academic schools that have very good level soccer as well. No they can't beat schools like UF, FSU, and UVA and those schools are the highest level players. I surely don't see FLS players being recruited to those schools. Nobody is saying that the TB 18's this year had those level players and thats the whole point. Every player is not that high a level and if they are they can be recruited there. But getting every player recruited means getting them recruited to schools they can play at. Once again if you had a guy like BD at your club or any of the college staff that TB has then you would know this basic college info which yes we have all been taught at TB college parent meetings. Do you have them at your club?

Comment

Okay let's get something clear, the bashing of TB on here is not by Select parents and it's obviously someone from another competitive club of Team Boca's trying to start trouble. Select and TB have no problems with each other now or ever. Yes there are a few kids who may leave this year and go to TB but that happens. We wish them well. But many of the kids are friends and go to the same high schools so let's not get caught up with anonymous BS. I know the TB girl who goes to Pine Crest and is going to Emory next year. Yes it's a great school and great soccer and yes I would be thrilled to have my daughter go and play there. Her parents speak very highly of the TB director and credit him a lot for helping her get recruited to Emory. I know there are a lot of things that smaller clubs like Select don't know about college recruitment but I ask you this, why can't a club director like the TB director reach out and help other clubs with their college placement as well? Why is there so much competition between the clubs? If the TB director is such a great guy and helps all the TB players get recruited (which all the TB people say) then why wouldn't he want to help any player who needs help? This is the problem with club soccer today! Everyone is all about their club rather than helping all kids that need help!!

Comment

Okay let's get something clear, the bashing of TB on here is not by Select parents and it's obviously someone from another competitive club of Team Boca's trying to start trouble. Select and TB have no problems with each other now or ever. Yes there are a few kids who may leave this year and go to TB but that happens. We wish them well. But many of the kids are friends and go to the same high schools so let's not get caught up with anonymous BS. I know the TB girl who goes to Pine Crest and is going to Emory next year. Yes it's a great school and great soccer and yes I would be thrilled to have my daughter go and play there. Her parents speak very highly of the TB director and credit him a lot for helping her get recruited to Emory. I know there are a lot of things that smaller clubs like Select don't know about college recruitment but I ask you this, why can't a club director like the TB director reach out and help other clubs with their college placement as well? Why is there so much competition between the clubs? If the TB director is such a great guy and helps all the TB players get recruited (which all the TB people say) then why wouldn't he want to help any player who needs help? This is the problem with club soccer today! Everyone is all about their club rather than helping all kids that need help!!
            Don't know where you getting your information, but MR. KNOW IT ALL BD. The Club recruited isn't that nice of a guy.

Comment

You're asking a great question that every parent would like answered but the reality probably is the same reason the Burger King CEO doesn't help the Wendy's CEO. Or the same reason the Einstein Bagel president doesn't help every bagel chain. The Boca DOC runs Boca he doesn't run FLS so I don't know why you would expect him to help FLS players, thats just common sense. Clubs are constantly trying to get other clubs better players and they use whatever elements of their club they can to do it. Who has the better staff, better training, better college recruitment and exposure, etc. Thats why some coaches and DOC's get paid more than others. Some clubs are very good at training, look at RT in Parkland area, he does great training but can't run a club or coach, etc. Some clubs have college recruitment like Boca and some clubs don't. You have to just pick what fits your kid best. But the days of seeing a club DOC like The Boca DOC coming to FLS and other smaller clubs and helping their kids too are probably never going to be seen.

Comment

I don't think there is anything so hard to understand about the TB college program. Its pretty simple, the DOC has been there for like 20 yrs and he's had probably hundreds players who have been recruited and gone on to college soccer so of course he has relationships with lots of college coaches so thats gotta help his kids get recruited. No matter who FLS or any club bring in to do college help they aren't going to be able to do it like Boca can for that reason alone. But this person brings up a great point and I wonder if clubs ever do ask for help from other clubs or DOC's like the Boca DOC to help non Boca kids also. If he truly cares about helping kids then I don't see why he wouldn't help other clubs if they ask. Are other club DOC's too proud to even ask? I think this person offers up a great idea. Maybe even parents can get together and ask. What can he do, say no? So what.

Comment

I don't think there is anything so hard to understand about the TB college program. Its pretty simple, the DOC has been there for like 20 yrs and he's had probably hundreds players who have been recruited and gone on to college soccer so of course he has relationships with lots of college coaches so thats gotta help his kids get recruited. No matter who FLS or any club bring in to do college help they aren't going to be able to do it like Boca can for that reason alone. But this person brings up a great point and I wonder if clubs ever do ask for help from other clubs or DOC's like the Boca DOC to help non Boca kids also. If he truly cares about helping kids then I don't see why he wouldn't help other clubs if they ask. Are other club DOC's too proud to even ask? I think this person offers up a great idea. Maybe even parents can get together and ask. What can he do, say no? So what.
                  BD would never do it mostly because he doesn't know the kids at other clubs. He believes he knows the kids at TB so well that he can tell early on if a kid has potential to play in college.

Comment

BD would never do it mostly because he doesn't know the kids at other clubs. He believes he knows the kids at TB so well that he can tell early on if a kid has potential to play in college.
                    Yes BD is so great that he can tell in 5 mins if your child is a D1, D2 or D3 level no matter what age group.

Comment

Yes BD is so great that he can tell in 5 mins if your child is a D1, D2 or D3 level no matter what age group.
                      I am GOD!

Signed BD!

Comment

Only BD comes on here and posts what a "great guy" he is...Everyone who has sat in on his BS college meetings or had to deal with him for something else, knows that is very far from the truth. He is pompous, arrogant and condescending. Yes, BD, you do sit on this site, especially now bashing all of the surrounding clubs with hopes that your players won't leave. Too late!

Comment

Only BD comes on here and posts what a "great guy" he is...Everyone who has sat in on his BS college meetings or had to deal with him for something else, knows that is very far from the truth. He is pompous, arrogant and condescending. Yes, BD, you do sit on this site, especially now bashing all of the surrounding clubs with hopes that your players won't leave. Too late!
                          Of course the tryouts are "fixed." That'a good reason to tell your child that they weren't actually good enough - instead, tell them that it is not their fault, but that the fix was in. Another way to deflect serious talk and honest issues. I bet you are the one cheering and celebrating when all kids get the celebration of mediocrity trophy. Snore. Stay in the lower middle class all your life and breed more workers, please.

Comment

Of course the tryouts are "fixed." That's a good reason to tell your child that they weren't actually good enough - instead, tell them that it is not their fault, but that the fix was in. Another way to deflect serious talk and honest issues. I bet you are the one cheering and celebrating when all kids get the celebration of mediocrity trophy. Snore. Stay in the lower middle class all your life and breed more workers, please.

Comment

---Signed, a parent of a player cut by team boca who whose not good enough to play in college.

Why don't you go and speak to any of the players families who went on to play college soccer with his help? You won't find one person that won't say his help is priceless and he helps everyone who wants it. Since every player's been recruited from TB 18's for the past several years obviously these bashing comments are not from them but from other clubs jealous their club does nothing to help their players get recruited. My daughter is a u17 player and I can tell you first hand how much he and the TB staff helps us is priceless. She has already done several visits he's set up and my daughter is being recruited by several coaches right now. So you keep bashing TB and the DOC and he'll keep helping our kids get recruited with scholarships, thats fine with us. Stay at your little neighborhood club and go play club soccer in college while mine will be playing real college soccer.

Comment

---Signed, a parent of a player cut by team boca who whose not good enough to play in college.

Why don't you go and speak to any of the players families who went on to play college soccer with his help? You won't find one person that won't say his help is priceless and he helps everyone who wants it. Since every player's been recruited from TB 18's for the past several years obviously these bashing comments are not from them but from other clubs jealous their club does nothing to help their players get recruited. My daughter is a u17 player and I can tell you first hand how much he and the TB staff helps us is priceless. She has already done several visits he's set up and my daughter is being recruited by several coaches right now. So you keep bashing TB and the DOC and he'll keep helping our kids get recruited with scholarships, thats fine with us. Stay at your little neighborhood club and go play club soccer in college while mine will be playing real college soccer.
                                First off I don't know of any girls that were cut from Team Boca, they have an A and B team in most age groups. Your daughter is being recruited by several coaches, please if you don't mind, tells us the several coaches that you are talking about? Sounds like it's just talk.BD no question has his connections and helps the girls, but by his own admissions several of them have little to know money involved. D3 has no soccer money only for academics, so in theory a good soccer player with a 3.5 and up GPA could get into most D3 schools.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X