Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's funny how when anyone comes on here and tells the truth that the tryouts are really weak with no not area players BU parents come on here and say it's not possible to get the truth. Amazing. The truth is the tryouts are honestly very weak and no good players are attending so if you don't want the truth don't ask for it. We completely wasted our time bringing our oldest daughter and won't waste it again with our younger daughter who is a top player. Believe me or don't, I'm telling you the truth so you don't waste your time like we did
    Top player??? Well she won't be playing in the top league so she can be a top player and it will mean nothing!!!! Do u not get it???

Comment

Go to tryouts. Ask questions. See with your own eyes.

Comment

All they do is attach anything that is not sunrise related. because they are the best.

what age group will your daughter be in? U16s look good not great but good.. They do have some recognized payers which have been given spots.

Good luck
        My daughter is a rising U14. How are they recognizing players? Are they giving out spots at tryouts?

Comment

I didn't know what to believe or who to listen to so my daughter went to see for herself what BU would be like. First of all the facilities are really bad like others have said, but that's not enough to not go. They were completely organized which didn't make much sense because there were not a lot of players. The team will be an above average club team but certainly not anything close to a top team and definitely not an ECNL level team. I have to agree that Boca United will have a very very difficult time competing in the ECNL. I'm really not sure how they can possibly do it. It's definitely not for my daughter, she'll be staying with her current team. We wish them luck.

Comment

I didn't know what to believe or who to listen to so my daughter went to see for herself what BU would be like. First of all the facilities are really bad like others have said, but that's not enough to not go. They were completely organized which didn't make much sense because there were not a lot of players. The team will be an above average club team but certainly not anything close to a top team and definitely not an ECNL level team. I have to agree that Boca United will have a very very difficult time competing in the ECNL. I'm really not sure how they can possibly do it. It's definitely not for my daughter, she'll be staying with her current team. We wish them luck.
            I second this post. It seems like the U14s have some good players. I know of one for sure whose has committed. Since they are the youngest group it may make sense to get in at that level. My D is U15 and we were not impressed. She does not intend to return.

The only things I knew about BU prior to this were that: 1- EE is the DOC and he is the best player I ever played against and 2- the rising U15s have made State Cup final 4 in the 2 years they were eligible. I was honestly hoping for the best. But given the apparent talent level, time & travel commitment, and expense it does not seem like a cost-effective move for my child versus the other options.

Everyone should keep in mind that your child is really the only thing that matters.

Comment

Rome was not built in a day.

Comment

Sad to see

I don't have any first hand experience with BU. But, for years I saw the talk about the need for a South Florida ECNL club. ECNL needed to move into South FL, blah, blah, blah. Now they have and much of what we see here are complaints. Boca United is the only club with ECNL. You can choose to have your daughter be part of it or not. But, ECNL will continue with or without your child no matter how good they are. Boca United may not be competitive in the beginning, but they will get better and will eventually attract the better players in the area (if they don't from the very beginning). OCYS had a couple of rough years and are now doing really well. It's my understanding they worked with another club and nothing says that won't happen with BU.

I've heard Tophat was offered a spot the first year ECNL was formed. They would have been one of the original ECNL clubs. But, they wanted to wait and see how the league developed. Other clubs took a leap of faith knowing that, much like the Developmental Academy, it would get more difficult down the road to be named an ECNL club. With so few clubs being invited now, some of those original clubs would have a hard time getting in today. As it is, Tophat has applied for years and just now made it in. I am excited to see that they did. I believe they should be in the league. Maybe, as a player and a parent, you take a leap of faith and see where it takes your child (that's if she has dreams of playing in college, especially for a strong program).

I guess what I am trying to say is ECNL is now the most competitive girl's league in the country. You can believe otherwise, but it's just reality. It is where a majority of the top players play. There are still good teams and good options in Florida, but when you take JFC and Tophat out of RPL and the NL the competition just got a bit weaker. If your child is a defender don't you want her going up against the best forwards and vice versa? So, you play against the best high school forward in the country and still lose, but you hold her to one goal. That's a successful game. That's how a good player develops. That's not to say that a good player has to play ECNL. I would just say they shouldn't rule it out because Boca United isn't going to be at the top of the conference next year.

Comment

I don't have any first hand experience with BU. But, for years I saw the talk about the need for a South Florida ECNL club. ECNL needed to move into South FL, blah, blah, blah. Now they have and much of what we see here are complaints. Boca United is the only club with ECNL. You can choose to have your daughter be part of it or not. But, ECNL will continue with or without your child no matter how good they are. Boca United may not be competitive in the beginning, but they will get better and will eventually attract the better players in the area (if they don't from the very beginning). OCYS had a couple of rough years and are now doing really well. It's my understanding they worked with another club and nothing says that won't happen with BU.

I've heard Tophat was offered a spot the first year ECNL was formed. They would have been one of the original ECNL clubs. But, they wanted to wait and see how the league developed. Other clubs took a leap of faith knowing that, much like the Developmental Academy, it would get more difficult down the road to be named an ECNL club. With so few clubs being invited now, some of those original clubs would have a hard time getting in today. As it is, Tophat has applied for years and just now made it in. I am excited to see that they did. I believe they should be in the league. Maybe, as a player and a parent, you take a leap of faith and see where it takes your child (that's if she has dreams of playing in college, especially for a strong program).

I guess what I am trying to say is ECNL is now the most competitive girl's league in the country. You can believe otherwise, but it's just reality. It is where a majority of the top players play. There are still good teams and good options in Florida, but when you take JFC and Tophat out of RPL and the NL the competition just got a bit weaker. If your child is a defender don't you want her going up against the best forwards and vice versa? So, you play against the best high school forward in the country and still lose, but you hold her to one goal. That's a successful game. That's how a good player develops. That's not to say that a good player has to play ECNL. I would just say they shouldn't rule it out because Boca United isn't going to be at the top of the conference next year.
                  Thanks for that calm clarity.

Comment

One more thing

As the ECNL rumors ramped up I began watching a GA forum to see if there were any rumors about Tophat. They were pretty tight lipped until the announcement came. Once it was announced that TH and JFC had gotten ECNL, the discussion became about the implications for GA soccer. They acknowledged that without TH and JFC there would be less competition for some of the other RPL teams. Also, the feeling was that strong players would migrate to the new ECNL teams which would change the make-up of some of the non-ECNL teams.

Comment

Every "ECNL supporter" keeps saying the same thing, but no one is claiming that it is not the most competitive league. But every time you speak to an ECNL parent or supporter, the first thing you hear is that it is the most competitive league. No one is saying otherwise.

What I will argue is that a bottom table club or age group will benefit less from the competition standpoint. The best club/team that a bottom table team will get to play is a mid-level to bottom table age group. Birmingham United will never get to play PDA, Surf Academy, Dallas Sting, Michigan Hawks, etc. And when they get to play the mid-level teams they are getting crushed 8-0, 6-0 and 5-0.

Here is the upside, because of the number of schools roaming around the showcase events, the mid-low level ECNL clubs/teams have a better chance than mid-low level USYSA Team of getting the necessary exposure.

So what player does ECNL benefit most? I say the mid-level to low-level player. My rationale is that the elite player will be elite anywhere, likely on Regional and National Youth teams, and they are easy to spot.

Comment

All these positive comments are fine and good but the bottom line is that BU talent level is horrid and that's just being straight and honest. For all the travel, costs and commitment I don't want my D at a place where they are going to be running and chasing the whole game and that's what will happen. If tryouts are the indication of talent level those Bu teams are going to get killed and that's not good for development in any way. BU staff has never developed anyone so I can't even count on the training to be positive. She will pass and we will watch. I wish them luck.

Comment

All these positive comments are fine and good but the bottom line is that BU talent level is horrid and that's just being straight and honest. For all the travel, costs and commitment I don't want my D at a place where they are going to be running and chasing the whole game and that's what will happen. If tryouts are the indication of talent level those Bu teams are going to get killed and that's not good for development in any way. BU staff has never developed anyone so I can't even count on the training to be positive. She will pass and we will watch. I wish them luck.
                          ....and then there's the Sunrise parent😜

Comment

You keep talking teams and clubs

Every "ECNL supporter" keeps saying the same thing, but no one is claiming that it is not the most competitive league. But every time you speak to an ECNL parent or supporter, the first thing you hear is that it is the most competitive league. No one is saying otherwise.

What I will argue is that a bottom table club or age group will benefit less from the competition standpoint. The best club/team that a bottom table team will get to play is a mid-level to bottom table age group. Birmingham United will never get to play PDA, Surf Academy, Dallas Sting, Michigan Hawks, etc. And when they get to play the mid-level teams they are getting crushed 8-0, 6-0 and 5-0.

Here is the upside, because of the number of schools roaming around the showcase events, the mid-low level ECNL clubs/teams have a better chance than mid-low level USYSA Team of getting the necessary exposure.

So what player does ECNL benefit most? I say the mid-level to low-level player. My rationale is that the elite player will be elite anywhere, likely on Regional and National Youth teams, and they are easy to spot.
                            The elite player will get better going against the top players in the country. Ultimately what ECNL provides a college coach is the ability to see a player going up against other top players. They can better evaluate how they will play once they get to their program. Anyone knows that a forward going against a weaker defender can look like a superstar as they score at will. But, going against tougher defenders it's a different story. Same goes with the defenders going against the best forwards vs a weaker forward.

You bring up BUSA, but most ECNL clubs aren't the equivalent of BUSA. They've struggled, and I don't know why. Someone closer to the club probably knows, but I don't. Most clubs are competitive and they can have a tough year and completely turn it around the next. The reality is, in the SE, in each age group there is clearly a team that is the best and one or two that the worst. The rest of the teams play competitive games week in and week out. Sometimes it goes their way and others it doesn't. So, there's not typically a huge difference between the second to sixth place team in the conference. Either team can win on a given day.

The teams a particular team meets in the showcases is dependent on their rank the year before. Any team in the Champions League will face some tough competition in Seattle. So, ranking higher may mean more losses, but it will also mean players are up against some of the best players in the country.

Anyone can make their own decisions based on what is best for their daughter and their family. But, don't make decisions based on what someone who has an issue with ECNL or BU has to say. Talk to parents of players and players who know the league. Most playing in it like much about it, but dislike other things about. Yet, what is the turnover on these teams. At our club, few decide it's not for them, but most tryout year after year after year.

Comment

The elite player will get better going against the top players in the country. Ultimately what ECNL provides a college coach is the ability to see a player going up against other top players. They can better evaluate how they will play once they get to their program. Anyone knows that a forward going against a weaker defender can look like a superstar as they score at will. But, going against tougher defenders it's a different story. Same goes with the defenders going against the best forwards vs a weaker forward.

You bring up BUSA, but most ECNL clubs aren't the equivalent of BUSA. They've struggled, and I don't know why. Someone closer to the club probably knows, but I don't. Most clubs are competitive and they can have a tough year and completely turn it around the next. The reality is, in the SE, in each age group there is clearly a team that is the best and one or two that the worst. The rest of the teams play competitive games week in and week out. Sometimes it goes their way and others it doesn't. So, there's not typically a huge difference between the second to sixth place team in the conference. Either team can win on a given day.

The teams a particular team meets in the showcases is dependent on their rank the year before. Any team in the Champions League will face some tough competition in Seattle. So, ranking higher may mean more losses, but it will also mean players are up against some of the best players in the country.

Anyone can make their own decisions based on what is best for their daughter and their family. But, don't make decisions based on what someone who has an issue with ECNL or BU has to say. Talk to parents of players and players who know the league. Most playing in it like much about it, but dislike other things about. Yet, what is the turnover on these teams. At our club, few decide it's not for them, but most tryout year after year after year.
                              The only reason I mentioned club/team/player:

I am assuming that the best ECNL teams have the best ECNL players.
                              Bad ECNL teams may have a "best" ECNL player.
                              Colleges coaches will follow the best ECNL players on the best ECNL Teams
                              College coaches may find a "best" ECNL player on a bad ECNL team.

Comment

Wrong

The only reason I mentioned club/team/player:

I am assuming that the best ECNL teams have the best ECNL players.
                                Bad ECNL teams may have a "best" ECNL player.
                                Colleges coaches will follow the best ECNL players on the best ECNL Teams
                                College coaches may find a "best" ECNL player on a bad ECNL team.
                                College coaches will find the the best ECNL players no matter what ECNL team they play on. Our team was middle of the road, yet we were watched in our U15 and U16 years by Virginia Tech, Duke, South Carolina, UCLA, Nortre Dame, Clemson, Wake Forest, Miami, as well as many mid major programs. Those coaches didn't come to watch the team they came to watch some a few of the players. A couple of players not on their initial radar are now verbally committed to these teams. We are mid level team with several on the team going to
                                play for top 25 programs. Several others are going to top 50 programs.

Somehow these coaches found these players even when the team wasn't winning as often as they are now. And, each year players travel to try out and the team gets better as the players migrate to ECNL.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X