Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Really. How is Qatar, Russia, Brazil, etc. bribing a FIFA official for the rights to host a World Cup event ripping off my family? I agree that you have to obey the law and there should be consequences. No doubt. The real people that are ripping off your kids is those in the Department of Justice who are wasting your tax dollars to go after a sanctioning body in another country that has nothing to do with anything here in the US.

What if the Country of Spain decided to go after the NFL because they did not approve of the methods used by Roger Goeddel in dealing with player or owner misconduct?
    You should try to get a grasp on the facts before spouting off. It's all about the US. Read the story.

Comment

Really. How is Qatar, Russia, Brazil, etc. bribing a FIFA official for the rights to host a World Cup event ripping off my family? I agree that you have to obey the law and there should be consequences. No doubt. The real people that are ripping off your kids is those in the Department of Justice who are wasting your tax dollars to go after a sanctioning body in another country that has nothing to do with anything here in the US.

What if the Country of Spain decided to go after the NFL because they did not approve of the methods used by Roger Goeddel in dealing with player or owner misconduct?
      You fail to mention that we spent about $100 million tax payers dollars in an attempt to land the World Cup, not to mention what countries like Australia, UK, etc... spent to try and land it. Maybe we would have had a better chance if we just put all that money into the pockets of the world cup voters. I guess by your comment that it is ok to just allow this to happen. I am for rooting out all corruption on every from, domestic and abroad, which affects American taxpayers. Listen, I can't stand the Obama administration and I have not agreed with 99.9 % of everything they have done, but this I am a cheerleader on. I believe both Qatar and Russia should be stripped of the tournament based on human rights and corruption charges. Russia should have never been able to have the Olympics either.

Comment

You fail to mention that we spent about $100 million tax payers dollars in an attempt to land the World Cup, not to mention what countries like Australia, UK, etc... spent to try and land it. Maybe we would have had a better chance if we just put all that money into the pockets of the world cup voters. I guess by your comment that it is ok to just allow this to happen. I am for rooting out all corruption on every from, domestic and abroad, which affects American taxpayers. Listen, I can't stand the Obama administration and I have not agreed with 99.9 % of everything they have done, but this I am a cheerleader on. I believe both Qatar and Russia should be stripped of the tournament based on human rights and corruption charges. Russia should have never been able to have the Olympics either.
        Bad enough the US has to deal with Isis , I wouldn't mess with Putin...If they take World Cup away from Russia, it will be the beginning of World War 3...

Comment

$$ makes the world go round

Comment

Blatter re-elected FIFA president as opponent bows out before next round of voting

Comment

Criminal money laundering was taking place on US soil and the country was ripped off of about a billion dollars of revenue by taking the world cup somewhere else as a result.

Comment

Criminal money laundering was taking place on US soil and the country was ripped off of about a billion dollars of revenue by taking the world cup somewhere else as a result.
                And you think the US doesn't do the same thing? Please wake up

Comment

Just curious but how can you get ripped off when you never had the money? If that is the new progressive definition of the world than I feel that I am being ripped off at a rate of a billion dollars also.

Comment

Once again the US meddling and trying to uproot a dictator for their own Selfish Gains.. ie another WORLD CUP...

Comment

Once again the US meddling and trying to uproot a dictator for their own Selfish Gains.. ie another WORLD CUP...
                      Guaranteed that U.S. Will have the World Cup in 2026 plus a few million dollars in "settlements".

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X