Massive / TCU Rising U14G Tryouts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Massive coaches are so much better then the FC Coach for this age group. The FC Coach is a hot mess and eats a dose of favoritism every morning for breakfast! I just wish that Massive wasn't MASSIVE money. That will keep our family away for sure. Why should we pay if there is no decent talent to work with?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The Massive coaches are so much better then the FC Coach for this age group. The FC Coach is a hot mess and eats a dose of favoritism every morning for breakfast! I just wish that Massive wasn't MASSIVE money. That will keep our family away for sure. Why should we pay if there is no decent talent to work with?
      Could not agree more. The coaching on the girls side of FC is a disgrace. They have good talent at rising 14 and 15 on girls side, but that's about it.
      Problem you will have is that unless you're willing to travel 1 hour South or North, your options are poor.

Comment

Could not agree more. The coaching on the girls side of FC is a disgrace. They have good talent at rising 14 and 15 on girls side, but that's about it.
        Problem you will have is that unless you're willing to travel 1 hour South or North, your options are poor.
        I hear you. It's unfortunate. What are your thoughts about the program at Wellington?

Comment

I think the reference is due to the poster that claims that FC and Wellington are somehow superior using the meaningless label of "elite". I find all of the comparisons funny and childish. What is the goal? On the girls side, there is no doubt that Wellington and FC Florida have better individual teams at various ages. Having a better team will not develop a player or get them into college. Unless you are Sunrise or now maybe Boca United, neither are getting into the top brackets at showcase tournaments and given their ability to develop players, probably won't be any time soon.

If you look at the older ages that really matter, U16 and above, both the track record at Wellington and FC Florida is not good. This is because both have had a rotating door of coaches and new systems.

If understand the psychology behind a 13 or 14 year old girl, regardless of their ability, they want to be with a coach that they enjoy and that brings out the best in them. They also want to be with teammates that they enjoy spending time with as they will be spending ALOT of time with them in the next year. Getting a scholarship to North Florida, Florida Gulf Coast or FAU is kinda meaningless in my opinion and there may be two or three girls in North Palm that have the ability to play for a top ACC DI school. As any licensed coach will tell you the goal of organized sports of any kind is to develop the whole player in to a better more well rounded individual.

Tryout at as many places as possible. Find a club where your daughter has a good feeling about the other players and coach.

Comment

I think the reference is due to the poster that claims that FC and Wellington are somehow superior using the meaningless label of "elite". I find all of the comparisons funny and childish. What is the goal? On the girls side, there is no doubt that Wellington and FC Florida have better individual teams at various ages. Having a better team will not develop a player or get them into college. Unless you are Sunrise or now maybe Boca United, neither are getting into the top brackets at showcase tournaments and given their ability to develop players, probably won't be any time soon.

If you look at the older ages that really matter, U16 and above, both the track record at Wellington and FC Florida is not good. This is because both have had a rotating door of coaches and new systems.

If understand the psychology behind a 13 or 14 year old girl, regardless of their ability, they want to be with a coach that they enjoy and that brings out the best in them. They also want to be with teammates that they enjoy spending time with as they will be spending ALOT of time with them in the next year. Getting a scholarship to North Florida, Florida Gulf Coast or FAU is kinda meaningless in my opinion and there may be two or three girls in North Palm that have the ability to play for a top ACC DI school. As any licensed coach will tell you the goal of organized sports of any kind is to develop the whole player in to a better more well rounded individual.

Tryout at as many places as possible. Find a club where your daughter has a good feeling about the other players and coach.
            Why is getting a scholarship to UNF, FGCU, or FAU meaningless?

Comment

What?!?!? Did u read the OP's comments???? There was nothing I read that said Wellington and FC Florida were superior. It seems to be a comment on talent and options for clubs. They mention 10 different club but u call out Wellington and FC Florida. Sounds like typical biased crap from somebody that was done wrong haha. And we are talking about COMPETITIVE soccer last time I checked. Plenty of REC programs with chance to feel good about coach and play equal time. Get over whatever issue you have with other clubs and move on.

Comment

It by no means is "meaningless" .

Unfortunately, the Massive coaches may care about the players but their first concern is about the money.

Comment

It by no means is "meaningless" .

Unfortunately, the Massive coaches may care about the players but their first concern is about the money.
                  I'd love to know who the Massive supporter is that believes a scholarship to UNF, a FGCU, or FAU is meaningless?
                  Boy, I sincerely hope it's not one of their coaches?

Comment

Did anyone attend the tryouts last night? Was it a good showing?

Comment

Did anyone attend the tryouts last night? Was it a good showing?
                      yes, way more than expected.

Comment

So who is coaching this group (Rising U14G) next season? I heard there were no guarantees on Massive coaches. Which age group did you leave at FC?
                        U12 boys is the age group we left. As for the u14 girls, I am not sure because we are on the boys side. I do know they do well at every tournament though.

Comment

thank you for your reply :-)

Comment

U12 boys is the age group we left. As for the u14 girls, I am not sure because we are on the boys side. I do know they do well at every tournament though.
                            How many tournaments would that be? haha

Comment

We took a chance and went to Massive for tryouts / U14G and it was nothing more than a bunch of rec players. Good training cannot be all that its about, the players have to be able to play

Comment

We took a chance and went to Massive for tryouts / U14G and it was nothing more than a bunch of rec players. Good training cannot be all that its about, the players have to be able to play
                                Team Boca is the Best Club near you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X