Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I will try not to give an honest opinion.

Depends on skill level of your kid and area you live in. How far willing to drive, etc.

Here are the top 11 u15 in tampa/st pete by Got Soccer Rankings.
    Yes I know Got Soccer can sometimes be off but the 1st 4 are ranked fairly accurately based on recent state cup results.

The WFF elite team would be difficult to get on. They just won the state cup and have a real good team.

For the rest outside the 1st 4. All are pretty evenly ranked. I wouldn't drive out of my way for any of them though but they would be decent options if one or the other was close to you.

The WFF, CLW and TBU teams all have 2nd teams so it may be possible to play your way up from there as well if didn't make the first team.

#6 WEST FLORIDA FLAMES 99 ELITE (Brandon)- State Cup Champions
    #9 STRICTLY SOCCER FUTBOL SELECT (St Petersburg)
    #22 CHARGERS SC CLW B99-00 SELECT (Clearwater)
    #24 C1TBU TAMPA BAY UNITED PREMIER BOYS 99 (South Tampa)
    #35 C2NER ST. PETE RAIDERS 99/00 BOYS - RIVE (St Petersburg)
    #39 C2CFL CELTIC FC FLORIDA '00 BOYS - MCDON (Largo)
    #40 HOUSTON DYNAMO TAMPA 99/00B WHITE (Tampa/Valrico)
    #43 C1FCT RANGERS (Lutz)
    #49 WEST FLORIDA FLAMES W 99 PREMIER (Palm Harbor)
    #59 WEST FLORIDA FLAMES E 99 PREMIER (Brandon)
    #60 CHARGERS SC CLW B99-00 PREMIER (Clearwater)
    Agree with most everything you said, except at U16 and above, it is pretty hard to break out of being on a B team. These bigger club A teams will be trying to forge a chemistry to be able to compete at the showcase tournaments, so it may be very hard to get a look once they have set their rosters.

Comment

Here are your top rising U16 teams in the tampa bay area for next year:

1. WFF Elite, Just won State cup, predict will finish year in the top 3 of the state for the year, eligible to play R3PL, FSPL and they play NPL. pretty full roster, may lose some to DA, which will have a big effect on next years team.

2. Strictly Soccer Select, made it to the round of 16 state cup, have been winning tournaments, surprising early knock out of state cup, predict will finish in top 6 of the state for the year, eligible to play FSPL and they play CDL. They go to all the big showcases. roster spots look to be open and I am sure they will be looking to add depth to their roster. If all the players remain, should remain near the top.

3. Clearwater Chargers Select, did not fair too well this year, not many good wins to speak of, predict they will finish the year where they are ranked #22, eligible to play NPL and they play CDL. They will try to get into the local showcases, but they tend not to travel that much. There may be some roster turnover here. They may have snagged some players that they had try out for NPL that did not make it and then secretly offered them a spot on this team and the DA players that did not make it in the off year. May get better next year if they keep the former DA players from leaving the club.

4. TBU Premier, same as Clearwater, predict they will finish at #24 in the state. They may get better if they get some of Clearwaters off year DA players.

**if you are a competitive player, there really are no other rising U16 teams worth mentioning in the Tampa bay area. After these 4 teams there is a big drop off and your kid will most likely not get seen by college coaches in the most important last two years of youth soccer. What I would suggest is to go check it out for your self. Go watch some training sessions this week and try to attend as many of the tryouts of these 4 as you can to see what your kids likes and how he will fit in. All of the training and tryout dates/times should be listed on the club websites**
      This is a decent assessment. TBU & CLW teams are ho-hum. The top performing teams are WFF and Strictly. That being said, the approach is night and day. WFF is the more technical, artistic style of play and Strictly is, shall we say diplomatically, physical. When they play a game that is officiated by a Center Ref that calls a tighter game they are in trouble against a team that can move the ball quickly.

Comment

my son is on the CDL team, they told the team that possibly 2 may tryout for the DA and maybe a couple will come down from the A team to the B team. so, 4 spots MIGHT be available, give or take.
        This sounds right, 2 for sure maybe 1 more going da route. 1 moving out of the area. Should be room for several spots but the core will still be there which is a good thing. Second team was not bad either just didnt have a lot of time together. A lot of new players. Expect a coaching addition for the second team. JG returning to the a team for sure, great coach

Comment

This is a decent assessment. TBU & CLW teams are ho-hum. The top performing teams are WFF and Strictly. That being said, the approach is night and day. WFF is the more technical, artistic style of play and Strictly is, shall we say diplomatically, physical. When they play a game that is officiated by a Center Ref that calls a tighter game they are in trouble against a team that can move the ball quickly.
          I guess that is why you are ranked higher than Strictly is and that is why you went further in State Cup. There are more ways to skin a cat, I suppose, which maybe why they are ranked #9. When people say they are artistic though, it sounds like they describing a St Pete Pride festival. I don't know, call me American, I prefer a more physical game.

Comment

I guess that is why you are ranked higher than Strictly is and that is why you went further in State Cup. There are more ways to skin a cat, I suppose, which maybe why they are ranked #9. When people say they are artistic though, it sounds like they describing a St Pete Pride festival. I don't know, call me American, I prefer a more physical game.
            Then play rugby.

Comment

WFF vrs CG

I don't know, I watched the WFF and CG game, look physical to me. Have not had chance to see Strickly but would hate to see it if they are more physical than those 2 teams. Ref keep descent control of game, handed out several yellow and a couple of red cards.

All the players on the WFF team looked fairly even, no real speedsters or super stars that I noticed, good solid team. But if you are looking for a team in the Tampa area and are good enough I would give WFF a shot. They didn't have a big bench.

There were a couple of superstars on the CG team but attitude along with it.

Comment

There is a unique opportunity to join the U15b State Cup Champion team, play at a very high level and get exposure at showcase tournaments next year.

There is at least 1, potentially 2, field players leaving for DA. Even on a SC caliber team there opportunities to replace some bench players. JG will play those players that earn and deserve playing time. I would say that realistically there 3-4 field positions up for grabs.

The greatest opportunity is for a SOLID GK to come in a become a starter. The GK for this year left right before SC when another goalie was added to the roster to foster competition. The goalie used for SC this year was the previous year's GK, but he is focusing on attaining an appointment to one of the military academies and cannot commit to the training and travel schedule due to JROTC. IF YOU ARE A RISING U16B GK IN THE TAMPA AREA IT IS A SLAM DUNK THAT THIS IS THE OPPORTUNITY YOU NEED TO PURSUE.

Tryouts continue Thursday night at 7:30, register here:
                https://www.gotsport.com/asp/applica...rogramID=36724

Comment

I will try not to give an honest opinion.

Depends on skill level of your kid and area you live in. How far willing to drive, etc.

Here are the top 11 u15 in tampa/st pete by Got Soccer Rankings.
                  Yes I know Got Soccer can sometimes be off but the 1st 4 are ranked fairly accurately based on recent state cup results.

The WFF elite team would be difficult to get on. They just won the state cup and have a real good team.

For the rest outside the 1st 4. All are pretty evenly ranked. I wouldn't drive out of my way for any of them though but they would be decent options if one or the other was close to you.

The WFF, CLW and TBU teams all have 2nd teams so it may be possible to play your way up from there as well if didn't make the first team.

#6 WEST FLORIDA FLAMES 99 ELITE (Brandon)- State Cup Champions
                  #9 STRICTLY SOCCER FUTBOL SELECT (St Petersburg)
                  #22 CHARGERS SC CLW B99-00 SELECT (Clearwater)
                  #24 C1TBU TAMPA BAY UNITED PREMIER BOYS 99 (South Tampa)
                  #35 C2NER ST. PETE RAIDERS 99/00 BOYS - RIVE (St Petersburg)
                  #39 C2CFL CELTIC FC FLORIDA '00 BOYS - MCDON (Largo)
                  #40 HOUSTON DYNAMO TAMPA 99/00B WHITE (Tampa/Valrico)
                  #43 C1FCT RANGERS (Lutz)
                  #49 WEST FLORIDA FLAMES W 99 PREMIER (Palm Harbor)
                  #59 WEST FLORIDA FLAMES E 99 PREMIER (Brandon)
                  #60 CHARGERS SC CLW B99-00 PREMIER (Clearwater)
                  I guess we need to switch the top two teams in the area because we have a new #1. Strictly is now ranked ahead of WFF in the Got Soccer rankings, at least for the moment. Strictly #5 and WFF #6. Could be pretty close to accurate since they played each other a couple of months ago and tied.

Comment

I guess we need to switch the top two teams in the area because we have a new #1. Strictly is now ranked ahead of WFF in the Got Soccer rankings, at least for the moment. Strictly #5 and WFF #6. Could be pretty close to accurate since they played each other a couple of months ago and tied.
                    I guess we will have to call you a premature evaluator. You know State Cup points haven't been awarded, OCYS and CG will probably pass Strictly and WFF will DEFINITELY blow by your points from the Champions Cup.

Comment

Lutz team is getting a very good coach for this age group. Team will go far this year in State Cup.

Comment

Better take a screen shot-QUICK.

That is the probably the highest they will ever be ranked. They lost 3-1 to Creeks Kraze in the Round of 16 of State Cup, the 31st ranked team in the state.

It is obvious that Strictly chases GotSoccer points by joining every cow turd tourney they can find. Thirteen tournaments in the last year? 6 of them they received zero points (including a tournament they WON-how lame is that?) and they flew all the way to Denver where they got 30 point for just being a finalist. What was that, a co-ed tournament?

WFF? SIX tournaments in the last year.

No one with half a brain could write this and believe it to be true:

"I guess we need to switch the top two teams in the area because we have a new #1. "

Comment

I am not a WFF parent.

WFF have produced better results in the higher level tournaments.
                          State cup. Florida cup. They deserve the credit and are definitely one of the top few teams in the entire state. Can beat any FL team when they are in form.

I despise most of their parents but the boys team is solid.

Comment

I am not a WFF parent.

WFF have produced better results in the higher level tournaments.
                            State cup. Florida cup. They deserve the credit and are definitely one of the top few teams in the entire state. Can beat any FL team when they are in form.

I despise most of their parents but the boys team is solid.
                            Yes, the parents are absolute trailer trash, but they do have a very good player in the middle, probably the best in the state, which makes a huge difference. They are most likely losing him for next year, so they may want to take a screen shot also after the state cup points come out. Maybe they can do better than last place in R3PL this year.

Comment

Here are your top rising U16 teams in the tampa bay area for next year:

1. WFF Elite, Just won State cup, predict will finish year in the top 3 of the state for the year, eligible to play R3PL, FSPL and they play NPL. pretty full roster, may lose some to DA, which will have a big effect on next years team.

2. Strictly Soccer Select, made it to the round of 16 state cup, have been winning tournaments, surprising early knock out of state cup, predict will finish in top 6 of the state for the year, eligible to play FSPL and they play CDL. They go to all the big showcases. roster spots look to be open and I am sure they will be looking to add depth to their roster. If all the players remain, should remain near the top.

3. Clearwater Chargers Select, did not fair too well this year, not many good wins to speak of, predict they will finish the year where they are ranked #22, eligible to play NPL and they play CDL. They will try to get into the local showcases, but they tend not to travel that much. There may be some roster turnover here. They may have snagged some players that they had try out for NPL that did not make it and then secretly offered them a spot on this team and the DA players that did not make it in the off year. May get better next year if they keep the former DA players from leaving the club.

4. TBU Premier, same as Clearwater, predict they will finish at #24 in the state. They may get better if they get some of Clearwaters off year DA players.

**if you are a competitive player, there really are no other rising U16 teams worth mentioning in the Tampa bay area. After these 4 teams there is a big drop off and your kid will most likely not get seen by college coaches in the most important last two years of youth soccer. What I would suggest is to go check it out for your self. Go watch some training sessions this week and try to attend as many of the tryouts of these 4 as you can to see what your kids likes and how he will fit in. All of the training and tryout dates/times should be listed on the club websites**

Seems pretty fair assessment, however the CLW U16 team will only have 1-2 players from last year. Next season's team will be made up almost entirely of TBU DA and CLW DA 2000s that did not make jump to U16DA. It should be a much stronger team than last year.

WFF will lose 2 players to DA but should still be pretty strong. They do have the advantage of having SC title which will allow them to play in R3P and depending on how they do at Regionals they could perhaps even play National League although I am not sure the parents will want to make that commitment.

Comment

Keep dreaming strictly you play in a weak league and in second tier (at best) tournaments. The team has some talent and ability but signature wins have generally been squeakers vs over ranked teams such as ACYS.

You had possibly the most fortunate schedule available in Disney qualifier, Florida cup and state cup and still managed to crap the bed when it mattered. Your ranking under youthsoccerrankings.us is more realistic for your results vs level of competition played. Winning or placing in a couple of end of season tournaments does not miraculously make you a top team it merely helps you stroke your egos until you eventually face some real competition.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X