Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How many state championships has your kid/kids won? If any, please enlighten us as to what year, club and age group. Probably none, but you still use that as a gauge to measure success. There is way more to youth soccer then winning state cup, and you do not need to win a state cup championship to get players noticed by college coaches. College coaches look at individual players not teams! In order for players to be successful in this sport they must learn the basic skills required to play soccer, without these skill they will continue to fall behind the more skilled players. I have seen teams from TBU, Chargers, WFF and others play and our teams match up just fine. At Liverpool we teach our players to play soccer, not just kick the ball.

Our club will be growing each year, and as that happens the teams will become competitive with the bigger clubs. Our club is not for everyone, only people who have the same vision and desire for their kids to learn, and love the game of soccer. We believe in creating a fun and challenging environment for the kids at every practice and game.
    LOL, you're sounding alot like the people from Celtic, and we all know how badly that club has failed. Again, no one is going to over-pay to go to your club and compete in the USA League. No college scouts go to USA League games, it's like watching rec soccer.

Comment

LOL, you're sounding alot like the people from Celtic, and we all know how badly that club has failed. Again, no one is going to over-pay to go to your club and compete in the USA League. No college scouts go to USA League games, it's like watching rec soccer.
      No one will be overpaying, in fact they will be paying the same or less than surrounding clubs with a much different focus and attitude. TBU, Clearwater and WFF will all be more expensive options.

Comment

No we play under the banner of US Club soccer we will not be participating FYSA leagues .
        Liverpool will play in the YDL and FDL as will WFF TBU Chargers Orlando City Fishawk IMG and Lakeland . And yes I realize the first teams for a lot of these clubs will be playing NPL but we will still be playing against some good competition .

Comment

That post was on the girls side, it is a fact that TBU South last year lost just about every girl from their entire academy last year and the U12 girls that did not go on to play on the combined premiere team with the North. The coaches were fired because they let it be known they were going to WFF the next year. If they were such bad coaches why did just about all their kids follow them over. The west campus of WFF was a pilot for the possible LPFCA merger, but when that did not happen the parentd chose to stay with Liverpool instead of staying with WFF.

I didn't know they made "premiere teams" for U9s and U10s. The current U9,10, and 11 girls teams have at LP WF already beat the red TBU girls teams in those age brackets.

Just the fact that you come from TBU on the LP WFF thread and attempt to bash them post after post proves that you are desperate. You know that the girls teams from U9-12 at TBU South would have had trouble against YMCA teams this past year. They and future girls are not going back to TBU south.
          If my daughter was u9, u10, u11, there is absolutely no question that I would put her under Ally Morrell's coaching and instruction. He is a fantastic coach and does truly care about development of his players. I believe this club will be great in a few years, unfortunately not soon enough for my daughter who is older. Ally is offering something different...and after dealing with TBU DOC and WFF DOC, different is refreshing!

Comment

If my daughter was u9, u10, u11, there is absolutely no question that I would put her under Ally Morrell's coaching and instruction. He is a fantastic coach and does truly care about development of his players. I believe this club will be great in a few years, unfortunately not soon enough for my daughter who is older. Ally is offering something different...and after dealing with TBU DOC and WFF DOC, different is refreshing!

The problem I see is what do you do when your child is older. The better kids will go to the top leagues like ECNL or DA. The good news is Tampa as a whole has a lot of talent at the rising under 9-12 age groups on both the boys and girls side. The issue is that the talent is spread out across multiple teams at those age groups for both boys and girls. ex.. Brandon, Rangers, Liverpool, Chargers etc...

Comment

Your fooling yourself if you think your club will not be just another feeder club for the better clubs when kids reach U12 and above. What your leaving out is how much travel will be involved in playing in the leagues you're talking about, and this is with 9 and 10 year olds. Also, you're not telling the truth that most of the larger clubs will be sending their B and C teams to the leagues which you will be playing in, hence, they do the same thing now with the USA League with alot less travel. Liverpools cost are high, maybe not as high as better clubs like TBU, WFF and Chargers, but these clubs have a great track record, Liverpool is more like a Tampa Rangers, or Celtic, both small clubs that have not produced anything, yet, Liverpool is going to be charging nearly 25% more then these clubs. Let us know when your club actually has access to one of the better leagues, or when your club can fill each age group with a competitive team, until then your simply a feeder club. By the way, you downplay the CDL, lets talk about how CDL teams did in Region C and State Cup in comparison to the USA League, it wasn't even close. By the way, list these great tournaments that your club has won, I would guess most of them are bottom feeder tournaments.

Comment

Your fooling yourself if you think your club will not be just another feeder club for the better clubs when kids reach U12 and above. What your leaving out is how much travel will be involved in playing in the leagues you're talking about, and this is with 9 and 10 year olds. Also, you're not telling the truth that most of the larger clubs will be sending their B and C teams to the leagues which you will be playing in, hence, they do the same thing now with the USA League with alot less travel. Liverpools cost are high, maybe not as high as better clubs like TBU, WFF and Chargers, but these clubs have a great track record, Liverpool is more like a Tampa Rangers, or Celtic, both small clubs that have not produced anything, yet, Liverpool is going to be charging nearly 25% more then these clubs. Let us know when your club actually has access to one of the better leagues, or when your club can fill each age group with a competitive team, until then your simply a feeder club. By the way, you downplay the CDL, lets talk about how CDL teams did in Region C and State Cup in comparison to the USA League, it wasn't even close. By the way, list these great tournaments that your club has won, I would guess most of them are bottom feeder tournaments.
                Both TBU and WFF are feeder clubs on the boys side because they do not have the DA program. As the boys teams approach age 13 or 14 they will start to migrate to the DA programs. Your teams will have the exact same issue.

Comment

The problem I see is what do you do when your child is older. The better kids will go to the top leagues like ECNL or DA. The good news is Tampa as a whole has a lot of talent at the rising under 9-12 age groups on both the boys and girls side. The issue is that the talent is spread out across multiple teams at those age groups for both boys and girls. ex.. Brandon, Rangers, Liverpool, Chargers etc...
                  This is so spot on. There is a ton of talent in this area and a ton of teams which is not always a good thing.

Comment

Both TBU and WFF are feeder clubs on the boys side because they do not have the DA program. As the boys teams approach age 13 or 14 they will start to migrate to the DA programs. Your teams will have the exact same issue.
                    For the entire state of Florida there are less than 200 full DA players . U14 and up in Florida FYSA alone upwards of 15000 registered players . Lot of boys not going to make DA .

Comment

For the entire state of Florida there are less than 200 full DA players . U14 and up in Florida FYSA alone upwards of 15000 registered players . Lot of boys not going to make DA .
                      How are the teams doing at Disney this weekend at a real tournament?

Comment

How are the teams doing at Disney this weekend at a real tournament?
                        I know the u12 boys won both of their games and the u12 girls won their first game and should be gone with game 2 soon

Comment

I know the u12 boys won both of their games and the u12 girls won their first game and should be gone with game 2 soon
                          Playing 11v11 or small sided .

Comment

Playing 11v11 or small sided .
                            8v8. They currently don't have enough subs for 11v11.

Comment

Disney U12 boys in semis against team from Mexico!

Comment

Jt is an a** Clown at this club. If you're not from this club and you threaten that you are "trying out at other clubs" you are for sure going to be picked for the top team, maybe even the first night of tryouts!! They don't pick from within because they don't hire coaches to develop players from within! Two years in a row they didn't take a single player from their second team and they cut many players from their top team this season but then try to blame it on your child when they "break the news to you". What does that say about the coaching staff that you can't develop solid players on your own without pulling from outside of the club every year to make the "A" team?? You are throwing your money out the window. Another wasted year at this club with crap coaching. CDL=USA same league. This is not our sour grapes but just our observation from the two years we have been here.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X