• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Isn't Dido a British singer/songwriter?
    It is missing an L and that is what u need

Comment

Lol, I think I will pass on having my daughter on a team that has to rise out of the ashes! But you made a good point, these Bau teams will be so bad there won't be anywhere to go but up! My daughter will pass, thank you!
      If she is an older sr age girl, U17, U18, then it sounds like the road for her is probably set; if she is younger sr, say U15, U16 and she isn't already being followed by coaches, you are an idiot. You will acknowledge this when she commits to your local JC. Of course, if she doesn't strive for anything more, then that is great for her, stay in school, stay fit and healthy, nothing wrong with it, but if she strives for more, and she isn't currently playing on a top 10 team, you are making a mistake not having her at least tryout. Yes the first year will be a building year for sure, but it will make her stronger and if she is really good, she won't lose her spot when the same parents that criticized this club this year, run to it next year (actually they will be contacting BU around SC time to see whether they can get their girl in early ahead of tryouts...lol.)

Comment

Lol, I think I will pass on having my daughter on a team that has to rise out of the ashes! But you made a good point, these Bau teams will be so bad there won't be anywhere to go but up! My daughter will pass, thank you!
        That's great that your daughter is starting at the Top and Elite. Everyone has a different journey and guess what nothing wrong in building from bottom up, building comraderie with hard work. You appreciate what you achieve more. I don't have a dog in this hunt but had to chime in as I hate negativity and writing something or someone off before they have even started. "Two Roads diverge in the woods and I took the one less traveled by and that has made the difference". Wish them the best instead of bashing. So you got it good at your club and you are happy, why not wish good for someone else? Pass it on.......

Comment

Be honest, it was never an option for your daughter as she wasn't accepted. If she were any parent would be crazy not to give your daughter the exposure ONLY ECNL can provide.
          You bu people truly are out of your minds. Only the exposure ECNL can provide? Are you whacky? Who wants their kids exposed when their team is getting smacked all over the field? Have you ever even watched a soccer game where one team is losing 8-0? Yes that's the exposure I want my kid to get. You really believe your kids will still look good getting beat 8-0 don't you? You people are all nut jobs and I really feel for your kids.

Comment

You bu people truly are out of your minds. Only the exposure ECNL can provide? Are you whacky? Who wants their kids exposed when their team is getting smacked all over the field? Have you ever even watched a soccer game where one team is losing 8-0? Yes that's the exposure I want my kid to get. You really believe your kids will still look good getting beat 8-0 don't you? You people are all nut jobs and I really feel for your kids.
            That's great that your daughter is starting at the Top and Elite. Everyone has a different journey and guess what nothing wrong in building from bottom up, building comraderie with hard work. You appreciate what you achieve more. I don't have a dog in this hunt but had to chime in as I hate negativity and writing something or someone off before they have even started. "Two Roads diverge in the woods and I took the one less traveled by and that has made the difference". Wish them the best instead of bashing. So you got it good at your club and you are happy, why not wish good for someone else? Pass it on.......
            . As stated!

Comment

You keep repeating yourself and appear to be the same poster. I have a new theory. I think you are from BU and are worried about losing your spot. Seriously though, what did BU do to you to make you spend so much time hating on them. If you are upset that your club didn't win the ECNL bid, your daughter was not on a top team. If they were, you must be worried about losing player (a valid concern). Your repetitive statements make me believe that you are worried about what good things might happen. It would be a far better use of your time spending it with your daughter rather than being consumed with so much anger.

Comment

Ok This is dead on. My daughter was at tryouts this week. Although she was asked to accept a spot A Sunrise yellow (2nd team) player & Team Boca Navy (2nd team) player were also told they were selected to the ECNL team. Need I say more. The level of talent at tryouts was very low, lower than her current club team. This BU ECNL is a disaster. We are totally in favor of the ECNL concept but there's no benefit unless the best players are all together and clearly that's not happening. For certain players to be selected is just showing how desperate BU actually is.
                What age group was this?

Comment

You may not know the history, but 10 years ago US Club set out to destroy USYSA. Before the Red Bull league, NPL, and ECNL, USClub might as we'll have been called the Mickey Mouse Club. The success of the Red bull league and the creation of the DA by USSoccer gave USClub the idea for ECNL. USClub figured that the DA would weaken USYSA boys soccer and ECNL would be the final blow. In essence, USClub is responsible for pitting club vs ECNL club.

No surprise at all!

USYSA has never been about making drastic changes. Slowly but surely they are. Promotion/relegation, national championship series, expansion of National League, and direct link between state leagues and the national championship series.

ECNL has actually been discussing the need for parity, after having given up on promotion/relegation. But I digress!

Comment

You keep repeating yourself and appear to be the same poster. I have a new theory. I think you are from BU and are worried about losing your spot. Seriously though, what did BU do to you to make you spend so much time hating on them. If you are upset that your club didn't win the ECNL bid, your daughter was not on a top team. If they were, you must be worried about losing player (a valid concern). Your repetitive statements make me believe that you are worried about what good things might happen. It would be a far better use of your time spending it with your daughter rather than being consumed with so much anger.
                    I didn't read that the previous post you responded to was at all written in anger.
                    It just seems that the PP was making a point that BU teams are going to experience a bit of a "come uppance" by playing ECNL with a roster of mediocre players. Look, face facts: statistics show that the new kids on the block get their a**es kicked for at the least the 1st year or 2. After that, it's a toss up. BU will be a strong ECNL Club in 5 years. But my daughter is a rising u16 and we cannot afford to be a part of the learning curve.
                    And 8-0? We saw an ECNL game last year that was 10-1. It indeed does happen and will happen to BU often the next couple of years.

Comment

Ok This is dead on. My daughter was at tryouts this week. Although she was asked to accept a spot A Sunrise yellow (2nd team) player & Team Boca Navy (2nd team) player were also told they were selected to the ECNL team. Need I say more. The level of talent at tryouts was very low, lower than her current club team. This BU ECNL is a disaster. We are totally in favor of the ECNL concept but there's no benefit unless the best players are all together and clearly that's not happening. For certain players to be selected is just showing how desperate BU actually is.
                      Well, this seems like a complete fabrication. Why would Sunrise or TB even consider offering anyone a "B" team slot. If it is a B team player then they clearly would not stand out in any way at try-outs so they would just be a number that nobody notices.

Comment

Trust me, coaches neither break or make State Cup Champions! You're ignorant, but not unlike the masses.
                        What are you talking about
                        Of course they do
                        Case in pint
                        U14 girls had talented players
                        Obviously coach didn't know how to use that talent correctly

Comment

I didn't read that the previous post you responded to was at all written in anger.
                          It just seems that the PP was making a point that BU teams are going to experience a bit of a "come uppance" by playing ECNL with a roster of mediocre players. Look, face facts: statistics show that the new kids on the block get their a**es kicked for at the least the 1st year or 2. After that, it's a toss up. BU will be a strong ECNL Club in 5 years. But my daughter is a rising u16 and we cannot afford to be a part of the learning curve.
                          And 8-0? We saw an ECNL game last year that was 10-1. It indeed does happen and will happen to BU often the next couple of years.
                          I think most sensible people agree with this post
                          We are not badhing or hating
                          We are not jealous or angry
                          We just don't want to risk 1 or 2 years of our daughters soccer life
                          BU could have better prepared by hiring better coaches to attract the top players

Comment

Actually a lot of girls have gotten offers and didn't need to come back, so if the coach hasn't talked to your daughter yet she probably isn't ecnl material, and no problem if she passes!
                            Well that's funny because the same thing is happening on the older groups little to no communication. They keep telling all the new girls keep coming back. Yet the BU girls leave early don't show up. Not a good sign.

Comment

I think most sensible people agree with this post
                              We are not badhing or hating
                              We are not jealous or angry
                              We just don't want to risk 1 or 2 years of our daughters soccer life
                              BU could have better prepared by hiring better coaches to attract the top players
                              But why spend so much time on this thread?

Comment

Total lies, I was there last night to check it out. It was a complete waste of time because there was very low talent. BU will get killed in ECNL.
                                I was out at S County and more players showed up in the younger group, the older group went from 20 players to only 17 players showing up.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X