Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    U12 and up, how many Collier-based teams?

U17b, U18g. Any others?
    Lets keep a list.

It was 19 teams last year.

Comment

The club is better without EO, merger or not... He is a better salesman than soccer coach. He might seem like he had a great boys team but those boys were already an amazing team before he came. Name another team he has had that has done well? None. All his girls teams he plays in D2... He plays them all in low level divisions in tournaments and put them in D2 for region cup... But he's "amazing"... The group he had before this year all left as soon as they could to get away from him. He left because the money well dried up for "private training" and he needed a new group to need private lessons.
      Oh boy, where did come from on this thread? You most be an EO hater to just jump into a thread. Did he just cut your kid or what? This thread is talking about WFF at GTBFC and you are talking about a coach. You should be happy that he left the club and now your child can now make the team. Have you ever even considered that the DOC and the club has a say on what div a team should be placed? Or have you even considered the fact that some coaches put teams in leagues where they can compete? There are no perfect coach in youth soccer as we all know and for you to come out and attack a coach finances must mean that you have some serious issues. Has he personal trained your child? so you should worry about your own son and let others judge if he is worth it.

A lot of coaches supplement their income with personal training and if that is his livelihood and a full time coach, then you shouldn't worry about his money well drying out lol. He may not be as fortunate as you and he has bills to pay just as you. He has trained my kids and we are happy with him and our kids enjoy training with him.

Do me a favor and get some counseling and or maybe go talk to him in person and vent your opinion and get it off your chest. Life is too short my friend.

Comment

Oh boy, where did come from on this thread? You most be an EO hater to just jump into a thread. Did he just cut your kid or what? This thread is talking about WFF at GTBFC and you are talking about a coach. You should be happy that he left the club and now your child can now make the team. Have you ever even considered that the DOC and the club has a say on what div a team should be placed? Or have you even considered the fact that some coaches put teams in leagues where they can compete? There are no perfect coach in youth soccer as we all know and for you to come out and attack a coach finances must mean that you have some serious issues. Has he personal trained your child? so you should worry about your own son and let others judge if he is worth it.

A lot of coaches supplement their income with personal training and if that is his livelihood and a full time coach, then you shouldn't worry about his money well drying out lol. He may not be as fortunate as you and he has bills to pay just as you. He has trained my kids and we are happy with him and our kids enjoy training with him.

Do me a favor and get some counseling and or maybe go talk to him in person and vent your opinion and get it off your chest. Life is too short my friend.
        Wow... Why don't you create a fan club. I can't express my opinion that I think he isn't all that people say he is? People have spoke of people leaving for him or following him... That is where the comment came from... Not out of no where. The whole point of this forum is opinions... If you don't like it, simply close the screen and don't read it. If you are happy with him, simply state that. I think he is a scam. That's my opinion. You don't. That is your opinion. I have had my own experiences with him, and I have formed my own opinion.

As far as the club deciding what leagues and divisions... That's not true. Gtb coaches get to make their own decision with divisions... They are just told what leagues and tournaments they are encouraged to play in. I have signed plenty of teams up for all of it and know personally... From league meetings to registrations. But if you'd like to add that to your list of excuses for him, go for it.

Comment

Wow... Why don't you create a fan club. I can't express my opinion that I think he isn't all that people say he is? People have spoke of people leaving for him or following him... That is where the comment came from... Not out of no where. The whole point of this forum is opinions... If you don't like it, simply close the screen and don't read it. If you are happy with him, simply state that. I think he is a scam. That's my opinion. You don't. That is your opinion. I have had my own experiences with him, and I have formed my own opinion.

As far as the club deciding what leagues and divisions... That's not true. Gtb coaches get to make their own decision with divisions... They are just told what leagues and tournaments they are encouraged to play in. I have signed plenty of teams up for all of it and know personally... From league meetings to registrations. But if you'd like to add that to your list of excuses for him, go for it.
          I see he cut your kid and you are upset and you definitely have an opinion. Good for you and if the other poster is a fan, then you must be a hater. Your comment even state that your opinion "he isn't all that people say he is" so that is your opinion and if the majority of people say he is a good coach, then maybe the previous poster is right that you are a hater. In a democratic world, majority votes usually wins elections regardless of what the minority think of the candidate. You have the right to your opinion and so does everyone else. I have not had any personal experience with him but have heard from some parents that he is a good coach and trainer and that is their opinion.

Comment

I thought the rebranding as GTB was brilliant and that this club had a bright future. It's sad to see what has happened.

Comment

Seems to me that with all of this chatter back and forth, perhaps it would have been better to do the merger, but leave the GTB campus to operate as is has. Maybe that is the thought... It is good that players can access higher level of play. That has historically been an issue at CPUSA/GTBFC...etc. I am sure more players will come over the summer.

Comment

I see he cut your kid and you are upset and you definitely have an opinion. Good for you and if the other poster is a fan, then you must be a hater. Your comment even state that your opinion "he isn't all that people say he is" so that is your opinion and if the majority of people say he is a good coach, then maybe the previous poster is right that you are a hater. In a democratic world, majority votes usually wins elections regardless of what the minority think of the candidate. You have the right to your opinion and so does everyone else. I have not had any personal experience with him but have heard from some parents that he is a good coach and trainer and that is their opinion.
                You sound like one of his jock-sniffers

Comment

I'm a long time GTB parent and I can tell you EO was a decent coach but an excellent trainer. My daughter did personal training with him for a while and he really helped her a lot. I chatted with him before he made the move to WC and he simply felt it was time to move on. He was going to rotate off his boys team anyway. I don't think anyone has any hard feelings over his departure and we wish him well. He is a class act.

Comment

I'm a long time GTB parent and I can tell you EO was a decent coach but an excellent trainer. My daughter did personal training with him for a while and he really helped her a lot. I chatted with him before he made the move to WC and he simply felt it was time to move on. He was going to rotate off his boys team anyway. I don't think anyone has any hard feelings over his departure and we wish him well. He is a class act.
                    Eo is a good guy. Glad to see him at WC. He does have a draw of fans.

Comment

I've never been through a merger/takeover like this before. Maybe this is normal to some. However, I'm astonished at how quickly the junior/senior teams disintegrated.

For the record - i think the younger ages and rec should be fine. As those kids get older, local teams at the upper ages will be restored.

Comment

Must be the same TBU parrnt who keeps cut and pasting this after every post. Face it, TBU feels threatened since manyore kids left the south campus to Liverpool. Thanks, Liverpool will now have 2 U12and 2 u13 boys teams and 2 u14 girls teams.
                        Anyone can add teams, what level those teams are in a different story. You are not a club! You are a scrambling group trying to find people to affiliate with. 3 affiliations in 12 months = Disaster!

Comment

I've never been through a merger/takeover like this before. Maybe this is normal to some. However, I'm astonished at how quickly the junior/senior teams disintegrated.

For the record - i think the younger ages and rec should be fine. As those kids get older, local teams at the upper ages will be restored.
                          I agree. Young groups had strong numbers. Older teams, not so much. Too many teams in the area.

Comment

Eo is a good guy. Glad to see him at WC. He does have a draw of fans.
                            Good, you can be the president of his fan club, Chief Jock Sniffer!

Comment

I thought the rebranding as GTB was brilliant and that this club had a bright future. It's sad to see what has happened.
                              This.

Comment

look at it on the bright side - the Collier fields will be the least-used, best kept fields in the area.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X