• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1553912]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

You are right, they did do good!!!
    And now those teams are gone.
    Ok, first round tryout are over and out of the all the senior teams ONE good player was not at tryouts. ONE. Not to say these players are not trying out elsewhere but seriously....all the teams are gone? Plus several new kids tried out on the boys side in all 3 age groups. Some were very good.
    U11-U14 boys and girls- three players were not at first round tryouts and one of those was a B team player that moved.
    Please define "gone".
    Seriously, what were you trying to acomplish?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1556134]

Ok, first round tryout are over and out of the all the senior teams ONE good player was not at tryouts. ONE. Not to say these players are not trying out elsewhere but seriously....all the teams are gone? Plus several new kids tried out on the boys side in all 3 age groups. Some were very good.
      U11-U14 boys and girls- three players were not at first round tryouts and one of those was a B team player that moved.
      Please define "gone".
      There are additional tryouts this weekend. I expect the numbers will increase. Of course, I don't know anyone that likes to travel back and forth for multiple tryouts. I can understand it if the numbers are high, but I think the kids on most teams are not technically trying out but just re-registering.

Comment

Please define "gone".
        Not really sure that you know anything?
        But all the "Good" players you mention have attended every tryout up north also, you do know this right?

Comment

Please define "gone".
          They weren't trying to accomplish anything. They are simply a troll! I saw numbers and quality were good all week. Doesn't seem to be any problems at BR.

Comment

Now that tryouts are over, what flub did the best in the area?

Comment

Thanks for Everything Chivas

As I read through some of the comments about the Chivas USA academy in Florida, I realized just how hard it must have been for it's founder to open the academy in Florida (exactly 2 years ago), in the midst of so much jealousy, pettiness, & racism in the community. Shame on those who tried to spread their dirty little rumors, because they felt intimidated by someone who had the courage to do what was right for the Florida soccer community.

On a more positive note, I want to publicly thank Chivas Florida for helping our son secure a scholarship; he will be attending college in the fall, and following his dream. Even as I write this, I find myself become emotional at the though of all Chivas has done for my son, who otherwise would not have had the opportunity to attend college (we do not have the financial means). We always knew our son was talented, but he was never seen at his previous club, or high school, and I don't ever remember even one college scout ever attending even one of his matches at his other club or high school. My son is one of several players on the Chivas U-18 team, who received scholarship opportunities, and I am told a few of the players are looking into professional opportunities., although many of the players on the team are not even seniors in high school yet. Last year, the Chivas Florida academy sent 2 players out to Chivas USA, one of which started on their U-23 team, and helped them win their championship. My son's team has played several international, professional U-18 teams, PDL U-23 teams, and several reserve teams from professional clubs in the U.S. (as well as U.S. Development academy teams of course), and the boys have won most of their matches, and have always played well, but even the the professionalism their coach (from England, with UEFA "B" license) requires them to display off the field, is just a "soccer culture" my son never experienced with his previous club. It's no wonder why Chivas Florida are now ranked 4th in the nation (among U-19 teams). To the president of the Chivas Florida Academy, and to our U-18 head coach, thank you very much for everything you've done for my son, and so many other sons in your academy. Good luck in London this summer. :-)

Comment

I is "REFRESHING" to be part of a team that has "NO" politics. Club soccer is filled with parent coaches and/or fantasy driven coaches who are there more for self promotion than for the game and development of the players. My son travels great distances (hundreds of miles) for the opportunity to be coached by a REAL COACH and be part of a REAL TEAM that is a member of a REAL CLUB. At Chivas it's all about the soccer and the development of the players. There is a REAL UNDERSTANDING at Chivas that the players are passing through a Chivas to go to on college or even the pros and they do everything in their power to help these kids attain that goal. And for the players who are not lucky enough, or gifted enough or had some unfortunate circumstance which prevented them from going to what is commonly referred to as the "next level", the club and coaches at Chivas are "respectfully and compassionately honest" with the players and parents. They do not play on the dreams of the players and hopes of the parents to keep the cash coming in. They are honest in their assessment of the players (at least for what Chivas is looking for) and they are again "respectfully and compassionately honest" with players and parents about realistically playing at the highest of the high club level. This is the main reason that Chivas came from nothing to being ranked #4 in the Nation. Imagine....in ALL OF THE YEARS AND YEARS that my sons played club soccer, NOT ONCE was a game professionally filmed. At Chivas......ALL GAMES ARE FILMED. After getting approval for using those filmed games to make a highlight video, my son spent 55 minutes on the phone with a top Division 1 University Coach. Thank you to Chivas Florida and to Greg Bever (the owner/President) and to Coach Rob Easom for your love of the game, love of the players, love of my son. No matter where soccer takes my son, if it were to end today, he would be able to say that he played the very best, with the very best and for the very best.

Comment

I is "REFRESHING" to be part of a team that has "NO" politics. Club soccer is filled with parent coaches and/or fantasy driven coaches who are there more for self promotion than for the game and development of the players. My son travels great distances (hundreds of miles) for the opportunity to be coached by a REAL COACH and be part of a REAL TEAM that is a member of a REAL CLUB. At Chivas it's all about the soccer and the development of the players. There is a REAL UNDERSTANDING at Chivas that the players are passing through a Chivas to go to on college or even the pros and they do everything in their power to help these kids attain that goal. And for the players who are not lucky enough, or gifted enough or had some unfortunate circumstance which prevented them from going to what is commonly referred to as the "next level", the club and coaches at Chivas are "respectfully and compassionately honest" with the players and parents. They do not play on the dreams of the players and hopes of the parents to keep the cash coming in. They are honest in their assessment of the players (at least for what Chivas is looking for) and they are again "respectfully and compassionately honest" with players and parents about realistically playing at the highest of the high club level. This is the main reason that Chivas came from nothing to being ranked #4 in the Nation. Imagine....in ALL OF THE YEARS AND YEARS that my sons played club soccer, NOT ONCE was a game professionally filmed. At Chivas......ALL GAMES ARE FILMED. After getting approval for using those filmed games to make a highlight video, my son spent 55 minutes on the phone with a top Division 1 University Coach. Thank you to Chivas Florida and to Greg Bever (the owner/President) and to Coach Rob Easom for your love of the game, love of the players, love of my son. No matter where soccer takes my son, if it were to end today, he would be able to say that he played the very best, with the very best and for the very best.
                  Stay the h**l off this thread. This is strictly for bashing BR/FCS/CC. No one cares about some p*ss* named Greg Beaver. That guy had to surround his kid with poor talented kids because his son sucked so bad. His kid has no speed and no vision. By paying for the "underprivileged" players he dictated when and how much those kids played. He said what tournament they were playing in and which players were going. Hopefully your kid studied in high school and will go on to college to get an education. Hopefully you instilled in him the importance of an education so he doesn't end up working an hourly job leading no where.

Comment

BM at BRSC

Speaking of bashing, I met BM last week during soccer tryouts. I don't know him very well but he didn't strike me as a very likable person. He was very condescending to a parent asking about travel soccer. I couldn't believe the way he spoke to them. Isn't he in charge of Braden River soccer? I guess when you have hundreds of players, you can afford to be a jerk to people. The money keeps rolling in.

Comment

Beach Bum, get rid of this loser...

Stay the h**l off this thread. This is strictly for bashing BR/FCS/CC. No one cares about some p*ss* named Greg Beaver. That guy had to surround his kid with poor talented kids because his son sucked so bad. His kid has no speed and no vision. By paying for the "underprivileged" players he dictated when and how much those kids played. He said what tournament they were playing in and which players were going. Hopefully your kid studied in high school and will go on to college to get an education. Hopefully you instilled in him the importance of an education so he doesn't end up working an hourly job leading no where.
                      You must be stuck in the past, because you obviously have no clue about what's happening at Chivas, or what they have accomplished (especially Greg's son), but here's a good idea Mr. Tough Guy. Just give Greg a call directly instead of trying to defame his character and that of his son, like the yellow, cowardly rat that you are.

Comment

Ok....Obviously I hit some kind of nerve not meaning to and I apologize. But seeing that I do enjoy a little battle of wits and especially an unarmed opponent, let me make some clarifications and point out a few things that you might consider.

#1. Assuming that Greg Bever/Chivas does help out a few kids......, I would think that one ought to see it as a generally "good thing" when someone give folks without means an opportunity to play soccer. This seems to bother you and you might want to ask yourself why that would be.

#2. I dont recognize that person you speak about that imposes his will on the team. The team that my kid plays on has a UEFA B Licensed Coach that makes all decisions with respects to soccer, training, practice, strategy, ....etc etc. Greg generally regulates himself to administrative duties, logistics (drives players around out of his own pocket), etc. Has he ever gotten emotional and done a little more than cheer encouragement from the sidelines at the team???? Haven't you and pretty much every fan of any sport at some point or another. That my friend is no crime or reason to assail a pretty up and up guy and his kid. Frankly that is pretty cowardly to bash a kid... looking from the outside to climb on top of a kid to make yourself feel more important/knowledgeable/successful/dominant. I'm just saying. That is the type of an issue you might check into professionally.

#3. Now with Coach Rob making soccer decisions of who plays where, when, why and how....the influence of the club founder is very very limited at best. Does his kid have the "prototype body"??? No but neither does Klose or Messi....not that the kid will be either. The kid will be as good as he can be and that is plenty good enough to beat out ALL OF THE TEAMS IN FLORIDA (including yours) to be come #1 in the State and #3 in the Nation all in just 1 year without a Big Club support structure. Now be honest....That is pretty darn impressive by ANY STANDARD and to throw crap on that accomplishment is just raw envy. When someone does the impossible....I try to just say..... Congratulations on such an amazing job!!!

#4. Call me crazy but youth clubs are about "development"...right??? It certainly should not about getting in dozens and dozens and dozens of kids then cherry picking your best hand and throwing out the rest the bashing them because you were not able to make them successful. It's pretty weak attempt at being a legitimate authority on soccer and the theory of soccer, and development of players. His kid strives to be the best that he can be which is good enough to be a HUGE CONTRIBUTOR to the success of Chivas's remarkable run to kick butt in Florida and beyond. We miss him when he is not on the field for whatever that is worth.

#5. Thank you for your advise on my kid getting a good education. He has done better than average I'd say without going into details. With a little luck and God's grace he will become a happy well adjusted world citizen....college or no college...soccer or no soccer. In the short 1 1/2 years he has been with Chivas, he has received an offer for ALL EXPENSES PAID trip to UK for he and a parent to try out at several of the Premiere league academies....THAT'S ALL EXPENSES PAID. He has been offered to play in Colombia and regularly gets contact by college coaches. The funny thing is that his previous coach and club pretty much threw him away and treated him similar to how you are treating Greg's son. Chivas ....Greg and Rob just saw something in my son that the others were not capable of seeing or probably more accurately ....had the patience to even properly look. Yes ....my son needed to grow into his body a bit(he was a little awkward growing so fast) and wasnt quite ready for the top levels. With a little vision and patience and know how ....Chivas has made him into a sought player. Yes....CHIVAS..... DEVELOPED HIM.....WHAT A CONCEPT????

Anyways....I do not wish you any harm and did not mean to step into whatever it is was spewed on the floor by such anger. I dont even know you, or even care... So Please forgive me. Hopefully I can take something positive from this exchange.....maybe you can try to do the same. Good luck to you, your club, your team and your players.

Comment

Ok....Obviously I hit some kind of nerve not meaning to and I apologize. But seeing that I do enjoy a little battle of wits and especially an unarmed opponent, let me make some clarifications and point out a few things that you might consider.

#1. Assuming that Greg Bever/Chivas does help out a few kids......, I would think that one ought to see it as a generally "good thing" when someone give folks without means an opportunity to play soccer. This seems to bother you and you might want to ask yourself why that would be.

#2. I dont recognize that person you speak about that imposes his will on the team. The team that my kid plays on has a UEFA B Licensed Coach that makes all decisions with respects to soccer, training, practice, strategy, ....etc etc. Greg generally regulates himself to administrative duties, logistics (drives players around out of his own pocket), etc. Has he ever gotten emotional and done a little more than cheer encouragement from the sidelines at the team???? Haven't you and pretty much every fan of any sport at some point or another. That my friend is no crime or reason to assail a pretty up and up guy and his kid. Frankly that is pretty cowardly to bash a kid... looking from the outside to climb on top of a kid to make yourself feel more important/knowledgeable/successful/dominant. I'm just saying. That is the type of an issue you might check into professionally.

#3. Now with Coach Rob making soccer decisions of who plays where, when, why and how....the influence of the club founder is very very limited at best. Does his kid have the "prototype body"??? No but neither does Klose or Messi....not that the kid will be either. The kid will be as good as he can be and that is plenty good enough to beat out ALL OF THE TEAMS IN FLORIDA (including yours) to be come #1 in the State and #3 in the Nation all in just 1 year without a Big Club support structure. Now be honest....That is pretty darn impressive by ANY STANDARD and to throw crap on that accomplishment is just raw envy. When someone does the impossible....I try to just say..... Congratulations on such an amazing job!!!

#4. Call me crazy but youth clubs are about "development"...right??? It certainly should not about getting in dozens and dozens and dozens of kids then cherry picking your best hand and throwing out the rest the bashing them because you were not able to make them successful. It's pretty weak attempt at being a legitimate authority on soccer and the theory of soccer, and development of players. His kid strives to be the best that he can be which is good enough to be a HUGE CONTRIBUTOR to the success of Chivas's remarkable run to kick butt in Florida and beyond. We miss him when he is not on the field for whatever that is worth.

#5. Thank you for your advise on my kid getting a good education. He has done better than average I'd say without going into details. With a little luck and God's grace he will become a happy well adjusted world citizen....college or no college...soccer or no soccer. In the short 1 1/2 years he has been with Chivas, he has received an offer for ALL EXPENSES PAID trip to UK for he and a parent to try out at several of the Premiere league academies....THAT'S ALL EXPENSES PAID. He has been offered to play in Colombia and regularly gets contact by college coaches. The funny thing is that his previous coach and club pretty much threw him away and treated him similar to how you are treating Greg's son. Chivas ....Greg and Rob just saw something in my son that the others were not capable of seeing or probably more accurately ....had the patience to even properly look. Yes ....my son needed to grow into his body a bit(he was a little awkward growing so fast) and wasnt quite ready for the top levels. With a little vision and patience and know how ....Chivas has made him into a sought player. Yes....CHIVAS..... DEVELOPED HIM.....WHAT A CONCEPT????

Anyways....I do not wish you any harm and did not mean to step into whatever it is was spewed on the floor by such anger. I dont even know you, or even care... So Please forgive me. Hopefully I can take something positive from this exchange.....maybe you can try to do the same. Good luck to you, your club, your team and your players.
                          Really, why post on this thread? any idea in what geographic area you are posting this to? Anchorage Alaska? Miami, FL? Boston, Mass? Do you have a clue? Are you trying to target other academies areas? You like to write and you believe you have information that must be shared... really. You end your post by saying I don't know you, OR EVEN CARE. Says everything. S T F U A G A. T Y.

Comment

Really, why post on this thread? any idea in what geographic area you are posting this to? Anchorage Alaska? Miami, FL? Boston, Mass? Do you have a clue? Are you trying to target other academies areas? You like to write and you believe you have information that must be shared... really. You end your post by saying I don't know you, OR EVEN CARE. Says everything. S T F U A G A. T Y.
                            I'm just a parent trying to raise a couple of kids and teach them to love soccer. I just thought you were unfairly bullying a kid for no good reason. Not that it should matter that much because a bully is just a bully...... but..... Region 3 Florida is the area.... Bradento/Sarasota area.

No I'm not interested in opening up an academy.....just love soccer and love kids enjoying it.... and hate adult bullies of kids.

The soccer community is filled with many people like you who are desperate to regain their glory days (real or imagined) through "coaching" (more accurately "picking") a soccer team. But....can you TEACH a player? Can you "DEVELOP" a player? By the anger in your posts its pretty clear no one needs to hear the answer. You are a frustrated "used to be" that needs to beat up on a kid because he cant help you attain your "glory days". Pretty pathetic and once you look in the mirror you will come to realize it yourself. Ironically even after you pick your very best of your very best team you still fail to reach the summit!!! Have you ever paused to ask yourself why that would be???? Why each year your teams disintigrate and you have to start over from the beginning???? Start by teaching and mentoring and developing....THEN you will see what you can accomplish.

Michael Jordan's high school coach said he was too short, too uncoordinated and would not amount to anything. Then Michael Jordan's got the support he needed and ....well...the rest is history isnt it.

Comment

The poor talented kids became Team #3 in the Nation and #1 in Florida!
                              These poor talented kids prove your stupid talking so wrong!!!
                              Ridiculous!

Comment

I'm just a parent trying to raise a couple of kids and teach them to love soccer. I just thought you were unfairly bullying a kid for no good reason. Not that it should matter that much because a bully is just a bully...... but..... Region 3 Florida is the area.... Bradento/Sarasota area.

No I'm not interested in opening up an academy.....just love soccer and love kids enjoying it.... and hate adult bullies of kids.

The soccer community is filled with many people like you who are desperate to regain their glory days (real or imagined) through "coaching" (more accurately "picking") a soccer team. But....can you TEACH a player? Can you "DEVELOP" a player? By the anger in your posts its pretty clear no one needs to hear the answer. You are a frustrated "used to be" that needs to beat up on a kid because he cant help you attain your "glory days". Pretty pathetic and once you look in the mirror you will come to realize it yourself. Ironically even after you pick your very best of your very best team you still fail to reach the summit!!! Have you ever paused to ask yourself why that would be???? Why each year your teams disintigrate and you have to start over from the beginning???? Start by teaching and mentoring and developing....THEN you will see what you can accomplish.

Michael Jordan's high school coach said he was too short, too uncoordinated and would not amount to anything. Then Michael Jordan's got the support he needed and ....well...the rest is history isnt it.
                                Try holding a mirror... now you know who your fan club is, and they aren't here on TS. No one was picking on any kid... where do you read that? People on TS bash clubs, coaches, DOCs, other admin staff, BODs, etc., but usually not children... unless they are tied to a coach and the coach sucks all the clubs perks for his own kid... then you might see some reference to THAT... but hey, coaches know what they do. What surprises them is that people are not as ignorant as they believe... most people just whisper these comments behind their backs. Trust me, most parents know that coaches are taking from them and their kid, and turning around and handing it off to their own kids. That line about MJ has been played on TS a hundred times over the past 5 yrs... find another more current reference. Last comment, you write like a predator. take a step back and re-read your post.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X