X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't know anything about UNF, but you can't be serious about USF? I'm sorry but how many medical students is Rollins graduating these days?
    Just so you know Rollins is ranked #1 out of Regional Universities in the South, USF ranks 80th in the same region U.S. World News Report. Rollins ranked 266 and USF ranked 446 in Forbes. USF might have a medical school but they are not in the same class as Rollins as far as academics go.

Comment

Interesting. My son just got an invite to a college ID camps that Lynn is hosting. I am thinking now that this is just a money maker and we would be wasting our time and money by attending.
      My son went to the ID camp. It was good competition. The coaches liked him and the assistant followed him for two season. At the end he was offered a spot on the team by the assistant but NO money was offered by the head coach as that goes to the 23 year old Germans. Plus it is an expensive school for a very poorly rated school as far as education goes.

Comment

Just so you know Rollins is ranked #1 out of Regional Universities in the South, USF ranks 80th in the same region U.S. World News Report. Rollins ranked 266 and USF ranked 446 in Forbes. USF might have a medical school but they are not in the same class as Rollins as far as academics go.
        Not sure about that. Lets check the GPA's and ACT scores of incoming freshman

Comment

Not sure about that. Lets check the GPA's and ACT scores of incoming freshman
          Knock yourself out

Comment

Knock yourself out
            Actually did not have to know myself out. It is pretty easy information to get.

Rollins USF
            25-75% percentiles 25-75% percentiles

ACT Composite 24-28 ACT Composite 23-27

Math 545-645 Math 540-630

Verbal 550-640 Verbal 520-620

Seems to me they are pretty close maybe a slight edge to Rollins in the quality of student but then at Rollins you are looking at 40 K per year to cover. Seems to be like USF is the better bargain

Comment

Rollins USF

Seems to me they are pretty close maybe a slight edge to Rollins in the quality of student but then at Rollins you are looking at 40 K per year to cover. Seems to be like USF is the better bargain
              I too was intrigued by the comparison, and I really don't think you can compare them on an academic scale. they are totally different types of schools and really the student has to fit either into a small rural school, or a much larger more urban school.

USF has 240 degree programs; Rollins 60.
              for 2013: The ave GPA for USF freshman is 4.0, and of the Florida freshman residents, 86% receive the Florida Bright Futures Scholarships. I could find nothing for Rollins stats wise for their students in that capacity. Its like comparing an apple to an orange. Just not the same at all. if the student fits at either one and they have the program they want to study, then they've probably made the best choice.

Comment

Rollins USF

You can have your bargain. I'll keep my Rollins MBA. Go Tars.

Comment

You can have your bargain. I'll keep my Rollins MBA. Go Tars.
                  I don't have a dog in this fight, but I can tell you if I had a choice between the pair, it's a no-brainer; Rollins.

Comment

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I can tell you if I had a choice between the pair, it's a no-brainer; Rollins.
                    No worries to each his own.

Comment

If you are a talented soccer player and desire to play at the highest level, its also a no-brainer; USF.

Comment

If you are a talented soccer player and desire to play at the highest level, its also a no-brainer; USF.
                        USF "the highest level of soccer"?! C'mon, not even an alumni would say that with a straight face.

Comment

USF "the highest level of soccer"?! C'mon, not even an alumni would say that with a straight face.
                          Not being a graduate of either school, I can objectively declare the highest level of men's soccer between Rollins and USF to be at USF.

Comment

Not being a graduate of either school, I can objectively declare the highest level of men's soccer between Rollins and USF to be at USF.
                            agreed

Comment

Originally posted by TartanArmy View Post
                              agreed
                              DI will jump over a DII. no brainer. So many more opportunities. Not to mention the available programs at USF. If Rollins HAS your program, and you can throw the money at it, then go for it, otherwise, USF is the way to go, and its not just the bargain price, its the PHD profs teaching all their graduate courses.

Comment

The BEST American players play in either the ACC or the PAC 12. Those rosters are full of Americans.
                                The BEST foreign players play DII because the schools like to call themselves International Universities. They get a lot of money for these "students".

#1 DI= Notre Dame- 29 players=0 foreign
                                #2 DI= Maryland- 27 players= 6 foreign
                                #1 DII=Southern New Hampshire- 26 players=9 Foreign
                                #2 DII=Carson Newman-29 players=14 Foreign

CASE CLOSED!!!!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X