Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregisted View Post
    I was told Lynn won Div2 without a single USA player starting . Also the average starters age was 23 .
    it's true. They use an NCAA loop hole and get European Graduate students that by our rules usually have at least 2 years NCAA eligibility. So their coach fields a team of 23-24 year olds to play18-21 years olds. There is a big physical difference between an 18 year old and a 23 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      it's true. They use an NCAA loop hole and get European Graduate students that by our rules usually have at least 2 years NCAA eligibility. So their coach fields a team of 23-24 year olds to play18-21 years olds. There is a big physical difference between an 18 year old and a 23 year old.
      That is true and if you go naia there is not the age limit

Comment

Do NCAA eligibility rules apply to overseas players . Seems most of these kids would have signed youth contracts and received reimbursement from professional clubs .

Comment

I would almost bet the best NAIA Men's team could beat the best NCAA D1 team. There is no age limit, players can get full scholarships in NAIA, and they come from all over the world. Players come to continue to study and get a free education in a U.S school.

Comment

I would almost bet the best NAIA Men's team could beat the best NCAA D1 team. There is no age limit, players can get full scholarships in NAIA, and they come from all over the world. Players come to continue to study and get a free education in a U.S school.
            You have to be joking. My sons DA team beats NAIA teams.

Comment

I'd take a D2 Rollins education over a D1 USF or UNF any day of the week, and I think most people would agree. I think people get too hung up on D1/D2/D3 and lose sight of the bigger picture.

I had a discussion with a coach once and he was of the opinion that there's a big overlap in quality among the top D2 and bottom D1's, with probably D1 being a bit better funded and more 'intense" than the typical D2
              I don't know anything about UNF, but you can't be serious about USF? I'm sorry but how many medical students is Rollins graduating these days?

Comment

It must be extremely difficult to compete at the Division 1 level and be a medical student . Not enough hours in the day .

Comment

There are crap teams in every division check out all the pro players that have came through NAIA schools and D2. I have seen good travel teams beat D2 teams. Granted there are some terrible teams and I have also seen D1 teams beat pro teams. if you put the best NAIA teams in the NCAA D1 tournament they would make a splash. No doubt.

Comment

There are crap teams in every division check out all the pro players that have came through NAIA schools and D2. I have seen good travel teams beat D2 teams. Granted there are some terrible teams and I have also seen D1 teams beat pro teams. if you put the best NAIA teams in the NCAA D1 tournament they would make a splash. No doubt.
                    Not a chance. Put the crack pipe down.

Comment

You don't need to worry your son will be done playing by 18. Your dream will be over like 99% of the know all parents. enjoy your last few seasons. Then you can share how an injury wrecked your sons dream of a scholarship, or some other excuse why he did not make it. Then you would of wished your son scrapped on a crap NAIA school.

Comment

Trust me NAIA schools have the same number of scholarships as any other division. NO FULL RIDES! Son gets about a 3rd paid for and has to fill in the rest with academic money. He has quite a few foreign players on the roster too.

Comment

You don't need to worry your son will be done playing by 18. Your dream will be over like 99% of the know all parents. enjoy your last few seasons. Then you can share how an injury wrecked your sons dream of a scholarship, or some other excuse why he did not make it. Then you would of wished your son scrapped on a crap NAIA school.
                          Are you a little bitter because you or your kid wasn't good enough for anything but NAIA? You sure got trolling nasty early. I tell you what, you worry about you and/or your kids and I will do the same. The post is about talent levels at each level of soccer. You can disagree but no need to get personal.

Comment

Are the graduation rates for mens soccer published anywhere .

Comment

Money Maker

I was told Lynn won Div2 without a single USA player starting . Also the average starters age was 23 .
                              Interesting. My son just got an invite to a college ID camps that Lynn is hosting. I am thinking now that this is just a money maker and we would be wasting our time and money by attending.

Comment

I don't know anything about UNF, but you can't be serious about USF? I'm sorry but how many medical students is Rollins graduating these days?
                                How many USF soccer players attend medical school?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X