Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Parents at this age are so out of touch. You hear them talking about rankings and showcase tournaments. Showcase? really? No one is watching your 10 year old. Trust me. Worry about that in a few years.
    You are right. But the complaint here is that a first DIV club is going trophy hunting in Silver II. For all of us that have true "B" level kids that will be busting their a**** to compete, paying for a hotel, paying for the entrance into ESPN, this behavior is despicable.

Comment

You are right. But the complaint here is that a first DIV club is going trophy hunting in Silver II. For all of us that have true "B" level kids that will be busting their a**** to compete, paying for a hotel, paying for the entrance into ESPN, this behavior is despicable.
      I was only referring to the ranking part of it.

You're absolutely right. First division teams have no business dropping down.

Comment

I heard a number of teams were turned Down
        This year due to high amount of applications
        How can there still be open spots ?
        if 100 teams want to play u11 div II, they can not take them all. Some will have to chose to play up or down, or not attend.

Comment

I was only referring to the ranking part of it.

You're absolutely right. First division teams have no business dropping down.
          There are some u11 teams that have played div I but did not have success, ie weston white, and no one has a problem with them dropping down. I idea is for team to play at a competitive level. Real Madrid is a solid div I team, so the only reason they would play down is to kick some div II ass, which is not good sportsmanship. I think it also sends the wrong messages to the ream madrid boys. After their win, I am sure they will be jumping up and down, but will anyone tell them that they played down?

Comment

OC Purple I will dominate the Gold division.

Comment

Rankings mean nothing at that age. There are teams that are further down that can beat either of those teams.
              I do not agree. Though the rankings are not exact, it does paint a clear enough picutre of the u11 landscape. Of course, the more teams play each other outside their region, the more exact it will become. The problem is that many team at this age do not travel outside their region to compete.

I do agree that some lower teams can beat the higher ranked ones like real madrid, but I will say the the number one team doral seems very deserving of that spot, considering the strenght of their record and what they have achieved.

Comment

OC Purple I will dominate the Gold division.
                Oycs does have a very strong resume. Did ocys p I lose any kids to the danone team, or are they going with their complete team? If their team is complete, you would have to favor them to win it.

Comment

I do not agree. Though the rankings are not exact, it does paint a clear enough picutre of the u11 landscape. Of course, the more teams play each other outside their region, the more exact it will become. The problem is that many team at this age do not travel outside their region to compete.

I do agree that some lower teams can beat the higher ranked ones like real madrid, but I will say the the number one team doral seems very deserving of that spot, considering the strenght of their record and what they have achieved.
                  Last two outings Parma U10 Giovincio has beat Doral U11 White

Comment

in friendlies.

Comment

in friendlies.
                      What does that have to do with the outcome?

Only thing that means to Doral is it doesn't affect their ranking and points as it is not recorded on got soccer.

Or is it that during friendlies the teams do play at the same level as a league or tournament game?

Comment

Only thing that means to Doral is it doesn't affect their ranking and points as it is not recorded on got soccer.

Or is it that during friendlies the teams do play at the same level as a league or tournament game?
                        I know you Parma parents want to believe that these friendlies mean something but they don't.

You know the level is not the same.

Comment

If this is really a PG parent, please find another forum. This post was about RM trophy hunting in Silver II. Not about how great you think PG is.

Comment

I know you Parma parents want to believe that these friendlies mean something but they don't.

You know the level is not the same.
                            said the losers

Comment

If this is really a PG parent, please find another forum. This post was about RM trophy hunting in Silver II. Not about how great you think PG is.
                              RM can't beat us either so they are in the right bracket

Comment

I think you got your facts wrong. check both ranking systems, got soccer and soccer in college, and both systems shows parma losses to doral. see for yourself

http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/t...y=yes&compact=

https://www.soccerincollege.com/TTTe...eamid=FLM03302

no ranking system is perfect, but there is a reason both have doral at number one, and parma very low. Parma struggled with cooper city, west pines, and strike force, none which are top ten teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X