Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Funny. Can you think of a club more equipped then WFF in our state? I certainly can't.
    I'm from OC and I couldn't agree with you more!

Comment

Funny. Can you think of a club more equipped then WFF in our state? I certainly can't.
      Sunrise?

Comment

Sunrise?
        The name of this thread is "ECNL"

Comment

The name of this thread is "ECNL"
          I think someone was laughing at the notion that ECNL is the top female youth soccer league in the world. Then someone asked if there was a club better equipped than WFF. So, I think the point is that Sunrise, which is not an ECNL club is better equipped -- casting some doubt on whether or not ECNL is the top female youth soccer league in the WORLD.

There is no question there are some amazing clubs that have started and joined ECNL and it is currently attracting talent, but that has not translated in Florida yet. There are two clubs that are in ECNL and neither of them has the track record, depth and consistency of some of the ECNL clubs outside of Florida. Both do a pretty poor job of consistent development. Rather they rely on the ECNL brand to recruit. Yet both clubs come on these boards and talk like they are the best simply because they are ECNL. It doesn't work that way.

Comment

well you don't say with respect to anything in particular, so I'll give it to you that you have loads of kids playing there. problem is that great talent is seriously lacking across the board. that club is no different than any other smaller club: you have some really good teams in some age groups but middle of the road in most others. just because you can put up the numbers and saturate the USA and CDL leagues, doesn't mean you deserve ECNL. and your 2nd teams playing in the NPL give it a bad rap. Do you have any teams that play in the R3PL or FSPL?

Comment

This upcoming season's U14 teams for WFF and OCYS have the most pressure I believe. These clubs need to place the best trainers to further develop those players. The coaches need to do their research to recruit the best 16-18 players. These teams will have to be the minimum standard moving forward.

Comment

This upcoming season's U14 teams for WFF and OCYS have the most pressure I believe. These clubs need to place the best trainers to further develop those players. The coaches need to do their research to recruit the best 16-18 players. These teams will have to be the minimum standard moving forward.
                I totally agree! Both ECNL clubs have had a chance to get their ducks in a row and it is time to start pulling in the best talent at the younger ages, and to provide the best coaches and development programs in Florida.

I know many people who saw the post about "ECNL being the best female youth soccer LEAGUE in the world" laughed, but in actuality, it really is, and by a large margin. That comment actually came out of the mouth of ECNL Commissioner Sarah Kate Noftsinger a year or two ago. There is not a more competitive youth soccer league of this size anywhere in the world. USYS is a very large organization but their leagues are no where close in terms of competition as ECNL. Some of the best ECNL clubs (PDA, MatchFit, and a few Cali teams) do have the top USYS teams too, but they are their second teams. That should tell you how good their ECNL teams are!

Someone brought up Sunrise as they have been successful in a few age groups during the past two or three years. I can only say, it is a start! South Florida clubs typically have three to four year runs then the parents pull their kids to go play at the next best thing around the corner. This is sad considering the talent in the area.

Comment

I totally agree! Both ECNL clubs have had a chance to get their ducks in a row and it is time to start pulling in the best talent at the younger ages, and to provide the best coaches and development programs in Florida.

I know many people who saw the post about "ECNL being the best female youth soccer LEAGUE in the world" laughed, but in actuality, it really is, and by a large margin. That comment actually came out of the mouth of ECNL Commissioner Sarah Kate Noftsinger a year or two ago. There is not a more competitive youth soccer league of this size anywhere in the world. USYS is a very large organization but their leagues are no where close in terms of competition as ECNL. Some of the best ECNL clubs (PDA, MatchFit, and a few Cali teams) do have the top USYS teams too, but they are their second teams. That should tell you how good their ECNL teams are!

Someone brought up Sunrise as they have been successful in a few age groups during the past two or three years. I can only say, it is a start! South Florida clubs typically have three to four year runs then the parents pull their kids to go play at the next best thing around the corner. This is sad considering the talent in the area.

Has WFF or OCYS announced their ECNL staff? Will OCYS bring in a whole new staff of coaches? Will WFF get more serious about its quality of staff?

Comment

I think someone was laughing at the notion that ECNL is the top female youth soccer league in the world. Then someone asked if there was a club better equipped than WFF. So, I think the point is that Sunrise, which is not an ECNL club is better equipped -- casting some doubt on whether or not ECNL is the top female youth soccer league in the WORLD.

There is no question there are some amazing clubs that have started and joined ECNL and it is currently attracting talent, but that has not translated in Florida yet. There are two clubs that are in ECNL and neither of them has the track record, depth and consistency of some of the ECNL clubs outside of Florida. Both do a pretty poor job of consistent development. Rather they rely on the ECNL brand to recruit. Yet both clubs come on these boards and talk like they are the best simply because they are ECNL. It doesn't work that way.
                    By what objective measure are you going by? WFF was ranked 34/76 clubs last year in the ECNL. That is a fact and that means they performed better then 42 other clubs in ECNL. That puts them in the TOP HALF of clubs after just 2 years in the ECNL. This year they are ranked 3rd out of 8 in the conference play and ranked Number 1 in their conference in Showcase play. No offense to the Sunrise homer...WFF U14-U18 would win the 5 game series against Sunrise U14-U18. Bottom line is you are just toting the line without using objective facts. I would not say that WFF is the best but I would say the WFF is as good or better then any other club that could be offered up from Florida for ECNL.

Comment

Stack U14-U18 any club vs WFF, WFF will have more wins. So take that back to Sunrise.

Comment

By what objective measure are you going by? WFF was ranked 34/76 clubs last year in the ECNL. That is a fact and that means they performed better then 42 other clubs in ECNL. That puts them in the TOP HALF of clubs after just 2 years in the ECNL. This year they are ranked 3rd out of 8 in the conference play and ranked Number 1 in their conference in Showcase play. No offense to the Sunrise homer...WFF U14-U18 would win the 5 game series against Sunrise U14-U18. Bottom line is you are just toting the line without using objective facts. I would not say that WFF is the best but I would say the WFF is as good or better then any other club that could be offered up from Florida for ECNL.
                        OUCH!!!!!!! You gotta hate when statistics are brought up! It just shuts EVERYONE down. Thanks for playing, get your club ready from U13-U18 and then come talk to us.

Comment

Let say I agree! How do you start competing to be the best? Development of younger players and increase in recruitment of better players. How does that happen? Coaching staff. How will you continue when nobody wants to come when your staff is not up to par. Aside from maybe 2 coaches on ECNL and 1 on NPL who happens to be a college coach, your u12 through u18 staffing is very weak for ECNL and NPL. Growth within a program also happens with proper staffing and bringing in unqualified family members, parents and friends to coach will not sustain the club within the league. You are currently reaping the rewards of what RB left behind.

Comment

OUCH!!!!!!! You gotta hate when statistics are brought up! It just shuts EVERYONE down. Thanks for playing, get your club ready from U13-U18 and then come talk to us.
                            Statistics? That your club is middle of the pack of 76 clubs? That whole "we'll play any Florida club U14-U18 and win the series" is the same subjective hype as everyone else.

I think the point is, you guys joined a premier league and want to claim you are the best club in Florida. I don't see it. If you were PDA, I would say you have something to crow about, but you are WFF, and I think you should fly under the radar a bit. The league you play in doesn't determine whether or not you have a good program. That's the point.

Middle of the pack seems about right.

Comment

Let say I agree! How do you start competing to be the best? Development of younger players and increase in recruitment of better players. How does that happen? Coaching staff. How will you continue when nobody wants to come when your staff is not up to par. Aside from maybe 2 coaches on ECNL and 1 on NPL who happens to be a college coach, your u12 through u18 staffing is very weak for ECNL and NPL. Growth within a program also happens with proper staffing and bringing in unqualified family members, parents and friends to coach will not sustain the club within the league. You are currently reaping the rewards of what RB left behind.
                              I guess you can try to make this argument. Nothing against RB as he was a solid coach. The current U15 team which was "his" team for 3 years was 3 wins 8 losses and 5 ties in ECNL in its first year with RB as the coach. This year they improved to 6-6-2 without him as the coach. I call that improvement by subtraction. Our best team in the first year was last years U17s which RB had nothing to do with. Our record this year is better even tho RB totally messed up the U16s by taking 26 kids on that roster. Despite the U16s having a difficult year as well as our current U18s having a worse year our club actually improved. And you want to give RB credit for this? Really? My guess is that our club will improve again next year and will continue to do well. There are a lot of self serving fools that come on here and try to stir the pot. Ex-coaches that lost jobs, coaches that want jobs, and cut kids whose parents dont want to see the club be a success. Success is measured on the field and in the college recruiting. WFF is doing quite well in ECNL. In the younger age groups our U11 and U12 teams won region C Cup. Given that the younger teams do not attract players from the same distance as the ECNL teams do dont you think that they have been adequately trained if nobody else in the Region can take them down? The problem is you are not interested in facts just troll like behavior.

Comment

Statistics? That your club is middle of the pack of 76 clubs? That whole "we'll play any Florida club U14-U18 and win the series" is the same subjective hype as everyone else.

I think the point is, you guys joined a premier league and want to claim you are the best club in Florida. I don't see it. If you were PDA, I would say you have something to crow about, but you are WFF, and I think you should fly under the radar a bit. The league you play in doesn't determine whether or not you have a good program. That's the point.

Middle of the pack seems about right.
                                I would take the U14-U18's from Sunrise or JFC/PV over WFF any day. Too bad we'll never see it. ECNL teams never accept friendlies...especially from a non-ECNL team. They have everything to lose and nothing to gain.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X