Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    PCU has 13 competitive teams and only 1 team advanced in Region C. Way to go PCU
    Oh, that is because it is the style of play that we teach. It is how the teams look and not if they win. Most clubs out there win ugly and we lose pretty.

Comment

Okay, that explains that! I was unaware they had a large rec program, but you would think that the talent level would really go down if they are simply adding rec players. I thought maybe they had merged with another club.
      Have you seen these teams play???? The talent level is really bad!!!!! When you add rec players the talent level goes down, just because you win playing in the USA league in D3 does not make you competitive!!!!!

Comment

PCU has 13 competitive teams and only 1 team advanced in Region C. Way to go PCU
        And that one team is an average team at best. Do they have any teams in the State cup? If they do, I am sure they will get rolled in the 1st round. Not a very good club to be at and they should merge with Northeast (VSI/Everton) and Strictly.

Comment

PCU does not go to state cup. They should just stick with their rec program and let the kids go elsewhere for club. It's just a way to make money from the gullible parents who think their kids are gonna be stars...

Comment

PCU does not go to state cup. They should just stick with their rec program and let the kids go elsewhere for club. It's just a way to make money from the gullible parents who think their kids are gonna be stars...
            Totally agree, we were there for Academy and then switched clubs. Best decision that I ever made. It seemed a hard decision at the time because of the friend aspect and the age of my kids, but once you break away and go to a club that knows how to develop soccer players, it becomes even more apparent how bad they really are. In fact, I am kicking myself for being there past U6 rec. The kids that stayed behind at PCU or Azalea, at the time, that are still there to play the older age divisions, it is clear, have not developed as well. The parents had their kids stay at PCU because they had become close friends and so did the kids, but their soccer has suffered as a result. That is great that they will have life long friends, but they could have done that playing rec soccer and saved themselves a whole lot of money and probably won all their games. What I don't get and I have witnessed this while watching their games from the sidelines, that these parents are still unaware of how poorly coached and of how poor the level of soccer is. It is like a form of denial. It is like they are so scared to leave their group of friends, they will do so at the expense of bettering their kids soccer development. I am sure that this scenario is played out all over the US, but it is sad to see. Many of these kids, if placed in a better soccer environment, have real potential, but every year that goes by, they lose more and more ground. It is a soccer tragedy and I would say that having your child play soccer at PCU is a soccer dream killer. Good for Rec, but not U9 and above. No way, no how.

Comment

Totally agree, we were there for Academy and then switched clubs. Best decision that I ever made. It seemed a hard decision at the time because of the friend aspect and the age of my kids, but once you break away and go to a club that knows how to develop soccer players, it becomes even more apparent how bad they really are. In fact, I am kicking myself for being there past U6 rec. The kids that stayed behind at PCU or Azalea, at the time, that are still there to play the older age divisions, it is clear, have not developed as well. The parents had their kids stay at PCU because they had become close friends and so did the kids, but their soccer has suffered as a result. That is great that they will have life long friends, but they could have done that playing rec soccer and saved themselves a whole lot of money and probably won all their games. What I don't get and I have witnessed this while watching their games from the sidelines, that these parents are still unaware of how poorly coached and of how poor the level of soccer is. It is like a form of denial. It is like they are so scared to leave their group of friends, they will do so at the expense of bettering their kids soccer development. I am sure that this scenario is played out all over the US, but it is sad to see. Many of these kids, if placed in a better soccer environment, have real potential, but every year that goes by, they lose more and more ground. It is a soccer tragedy and I would say that having your child play soccer at PCU is a soccer dream killer. Good for Rec, but not U9 and above. No way, no how.
              It's an area wide problem for the Largo-St. Pete area, there are simply no clubs in the area that are good developmental clubs. Sure, pull your kid out of PCU and go where, Largo, Celtic, Everton, Strictly? What are you gaining? Nothing. These clubs are also bad clubs that are simply in place to allow weaker players a chance to play at a competitive level. There are too many clubs in our area, some need to shutter the doors, or merge with others, this is the only way that our area can get a club that is on par with the better clubs in the northern section of the county. Sure, some average players are going to not make a good team, but you can always have three teams based on skill level, where kids could potentially move up as they improve.

Comment

It's an area wide problem for the Largo-St. Pete area, there are simply no clubs in the area that are good developmental clubs. Sure, pull your kid out of PCU and go where, Largo, Celtic, Everton, Strictly? What are you gaining? Nothing. These clubs are also bad clubs that are simply in place to allow weaker players a chance to play at a competitive level. There are too many clubs in our area, some need to shutter the doors, or merge with others, this is the only way that our area can get a club that is on par with the better clubs in the northern section of the county. Sure, some average players are going to not make a good team, but you can always have three teams based on skill level, where kids could potentially move up as they improve.
                Would not put Strictly in that category with PCU, Largo, Celtic or Everton. They actually have better training than all those clubs as well as the Northern County clubs.

Comment

the strictly lover strikes again. too bad Hans is such a psycho

Comment

the strictly lover strikes again. too bad Hans is such a psycho
                    The only thing psycho is letting your kid play at PCU, Celtic, Largo or Everton past U10.

Comment

The only thing psycho is letting your kids around BK or JK, two crazy people running the club

Comment

Would not put Strictly in that category with PCU, Largo, Celtic or Everton. They actually have better training than all those clubs as well as the Northern County clubs.
                        I would put Strictly in the same category as those other clubs, no one outside of Strictly thinks it's a great developmental club. Heck, your club cannot even fill most age brackets with competitive teams. Another downside to your club is that most sane parents would not want Hans coaching their kids, the guy is over the top and acts like a simpleton during games. Again, there are no great clubs in the Largo-St. Pete area, can this change, sure, some clubs need to consolidate to better stack teams with better players.

Comment

I would put Strictly in the same category as those other clubs, no one outside of Strictly thinks it's a great developmental club. Heck, your club cannot even fill most age brackets with competitive teams. Another downside to your club is that most sane parents would not want Hans coaching their kids, the guy is over the top and acts like a simpleton during games. Again, there are no great clubs in the Largo-St. Pete area, can this change, sure, some clubs need to consolidate to better stack teams with better players.
                          Man, your kid must not have been able play many minutes at Strictly, so you are now upset. Just because you have a lot of kids at your club does not mean that you are able to develop soccer players.

Comment

all strictly players get a lot of minutes. they don't have enough players for their teams, and have to combine age groups just to play their games.

Comment

all strictly players get a lot of minutes. they don't have enough players for their teams, and have to combine age groups just to play their games.
                              Oh, some do not get to play much and I am sure that was your kid.

Comment

Oh, some do not get to play much and I am sure that was your kid.
                                LMAO, I wouldn't waste dollars on a minor league club like Strictly,that's why I drive my kids up north to the better clubs. I would love to eliminate the drive, but until Central-South Pinellas gets a good club then I will continue to drive north. I think the best hope for a good club would be Celtic merging with one of the clubs, they seem to be doing some things right and if they could get some more kids they could be a sleeper for being the upper tier club that South Pinellas so desperately needs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X