Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This thread was started by the same person that has been trying to egg people on the celtic thread and no one is responding. Must have an axe to grind and can't get over one of his kids not making the team. Troll
    You responded, so you must also be a troll, I swear you two need to get a room

Comment

Can someone tell me what level the USA League is at in comparison to other leagues in the area. My child has been asked to play as a guest player for a team that is in the USA League, but I don't want her to play if it is regressive soccer.
      Unless you're playing academy, you are just playing different levels of rec. I know people and specially the clubs don't want to hear this. But why pay $1000 to play traveling rec:(?

Comment

CDL is no better past U-12/13. Best leagues are the State one's.
        If you can, try and get your player onto a club team that plays NPL/FPL at U13. Some of the strongest clubs in Florida are in the league and especially at u13 at the top players are involved before they split off for DA/R3PL/ECNL as they get older it weakens. USA is fine up until U12, then its a big drop off. Most bigger clubs have their 2/3rd level teams playing CDL from U13 up too. In the USA league area the NPL clubs are Brandon, TBU and Clearwater.

Comment

Unless you're playing academy, you are just playing different levels of rec. I know people and specially the clubs don't want to hear this. But why pay $1000 to play traveling rec:(?
          because as usual most people don't know what they are talking about. they have opinions, that's all. like you, you're opinion is that they are all rec, except DA. not correct, but an opinion none the less.

Comment

Can someone tell me what level the USA League is at in comparison to other leagues in the area. My child has been asked to play as a guest player for a team that is in the USA League, but I don't want her to play if it is regressive soccer.
            Its an opportunity to play... If your kid is available then go for it!

Comment

USA=Useless Soccer Association

Comment

If you can, try and get your player onto a club team that plays NPL/FPL at U13. Some of the strongest clubs in Florida are in the league and especially at u13 at the top players are involved before they split off for DA/R3PL/ECNL as they get older it weakens. USA is fine up until U12, then its a big drop off. Most bigger clubs have their 2/3rd level teams playing CDL from U13 up too. In the USA league area the NPL clubs are Brandon, TBU and Clearwater.
                IMG also plays in NPL.

Comment

CDL = Crappy Developmental League.

Comment

No offense to you at all please... If you do not know the ins and outs of the leagues then your child is probably fairly new to the club scene and young? If thats the case let them play as much as possible, get your touches...go for it!

If your child is older and you are not familiar with all this (and again no disrespect AT ALL ) then he/she is probably not playing at an elite level as most have past through these and other leagues by U12-U13 and are playing in higher level competetive leauges by now.

Have fun and let them play!

Comment

As someone who has spent over twenty five years involved in Fla youth soccer in multiple league leadership positions, including coaching, in several of the leagues referenced here I'd like to add my OPINION.
                      USA/CDL/FPL each have their merits, especially for the younger players enjoying a sport. I would concur that in or around the U-13 level competition begins to separate many of the teams regardless of the league. While the gap may vary from year to year, all of these leagues have a few teams that are CAPABLE of playing with another leagues best. The league makes no difference. Majority however do fall into the "lesser team" category for their particular league which may or may not be superior to another leagues "lesser teams". This seems to always become a topic of discussion.
                      So is one better than another? Well, yes and no.
                      This is like asking which college football team is the best in the land this season.

Did FSU win the championship? Yes.

Did they play the best competition? No.

Best is highly subjective here and with Fla's current youth soccer systems. Idealy having a league "1" and league "2" would lessen the gap and foster more competion but even then it would leave too much to discussion.

On a side note, prior to my retirement, the number of players who went on to play soccer in college year over year from these leagues were very similar. There was no long term clear cut leader.

Just my two cents based on my personal experience in these leagues. I'd encourage anyone to make their own decisions based on what they feel is best for them and enjoy the game!

Comment

USA League is for weaker players after U12

Comment

CDL is no better after U-12

Comment

CDL is no better after U-12
                            Clearly spoken by a parent that has a child playing in the USA League. Let's compare the leagues, so here is the U15 girls CDL:

Standings
                            Team Points Wins Losses Ties Goals For Goals Against
                            Lakewood Ranch Chargers U-15G 18.00 6 0 0 28 3
                            Lakeland FC U-15G 17.00 5 0 2 19 5
                            Fl. Krush MAI U-15G(Black) 16.00 5 1 1 25 3
                            Clearwater Chargers U-15G 15.00 5 2 0 17 5
                            Tampa Chargers U-15G 7.00 2 3 1 15 9
                            Fla. Rush U-15G(Fla. Krush MAI,White) 6.00 2 5 0 4 26
                            W. Fla. Flames U-15G 3.00 1 4 0 5 15
                            FC Sarasota U-15G(Tampa Chargers FHR,2nd) 1.00 0 6 1 4 28
                            Strictly Soccer U-15G 1.00 0 5 1 2 25

Let's assume that Celtic and Lee County are the top two teams from the USA U15 girls league. Everyone knows these teams rely on the longball, they would be destroyed by each and every team in the CDL.

Comment

Funny my kid actually plays for one of the CDL teams you mentioned not in USA league. At this age group you are correct, CDL is stronger. However there are other age groups that it is not. Neither league is in the same category as NPL anyway.

Comment

USA league make you have to put a good team on the field each year to stay in the top division. USA has a promotion and relegation system.

The fear of being relegated has kept many of the larger clubs teams away. How can you say you offer the best when you team is relegated to division 2

CDL does not have such a system. CDL was created by the larger clubs and required you have a team in each age group. This keeps smaller clubs that are strong one or two strong team from joining.

This division has hurt both leagues. In the older groups with NPL, FPL, ENCL, FSPL. Reg III PL

The best teams do not play in USA or CDL anymore

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X