Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    To be honest I wouldn't blame the coach. Everything was fine up until last year. The parents were all about changing coaches last year and that's what you got, a new coach. So again, the parents getting involved changed the whole dynamic of a team that was doing well. I would have to say, there is a saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"
    I don't believe that for a minute. my daughter and her team got a new coach this year (u18) and they surpassed all goals. beating nearly every team this year. if the girls are strong and committed in what they are doing, a change in coach should not hurt them, unless the coach is clueless and has that much impact on how the girls play.

Comment

It's a shame how PM has destroyed the girls program at Clearwater, use to be one of the top programs, but now it's garbage.

Comment

I don't believe that for a minute. my daughter and her team got a new coach this year (u18) and they surpassed all goals. beating nearly every team this year. if the girls are strong and committed in what they are doing, a change in coach should not hurt them, unless the coach is clueless and has that much impact on how the girls play.
        Not always the case. There are those times when a team meshes, clicks, gels - whatever term you like - with a coach and does very well. A new/different coach can come in and the change formation, change tactics and/or change personnel (without being "clueless") and destroy the chemistry. The result is that the team is deteriorates and, in some cases (like Clearwater's) disintegrates,

Comment

Not always the case. There are those times when a team meshes, clicks, gels - whatever term you like - with a coach and does very well. A new/different coach can come in and the change formation, change tactics and/or change personnel (without being "clueless") and destroy the chemistry. The result is that the team is deteriorates and, in some cases (like Clearwater's) disintegrates,
          I don't disagree with you but in my daughter's case, 1/3 of the girls were new this yr and it was only my daughter's 2nd yr with the club, and they had a new coach each of those years. what they all had in common though was determination to beat every one they came across. they were solid in their conviction. they are all moving on to college ball now and I know she is taking that same conviction with her and she expects her new team to have it as well.

Comment

It's a shame how PM has destroyed the girls program at Clearwater, use to be one of the top programs, but now it's garbage.
            It's not about development, but instead it's about making sure that PM's friends all get paid regardless of their qualifications

Comment

For U12 or U13 girls, Coach SS at TBU West is the best option at this age. Hands down.
              U13?? Hands down?? Whose hands-Not mine!!

SS, CDL/USA (Only 1 TBU West/Largo team) coach credentials-from Largounitedsoccer.com:

USSF C Licence
              NSCAA Advanced National Diploma

SN, NPL/CDL ("A" team) Clearwater coach credentials from Chargerssoccer.com/ Soccer.sincsports.com

Professional Youth Player in Germany
              2 National Championship Appearances at the Collegiate level 1996-2003
              Region III Staff Coach
              National Runner up USYSA 1994
              NCAA National Chairman
              All American Committee
              South Region Director The Sport Source College Seminars
              USSF B License
              1994-Present Club Technical Trainer Chargers Soccer Club since 1994
              Florida Youth Soccer Association State ODP Staff
              Florida Youth Soccer Association State ODP Age Group Head Coach
              United States Youth Soccer Association Region III ODP Staff
              2007-2009 Florida Men’s State ODP Team Head Coach
              1996-2003 Eckerd College Women’s Soccer (founded and started program)
              NCAA Division 2 Women’s Soccer Committee Chair
              NCAA South Region Chair
              USL Super Y College Liason
              B.S. from Alderson-Broaddus College, 4 year Varsity Soccer Player and 2x National Championship Participant
              M.S. from Marshall University in Secondary Education/Exercise Science

Comment

U13?? Hands down?? Whose hands-Not mine!!

SS, CDL/USA (Only 1 TBU West/Largo team) coach credentials-from Largounitedsoccer.com:

USSF C Licence
                NSCAA Advanced National Diploma

SN, NPL/CDL ("A" team) Clearwater coach credentials from Chargerssoccer.com/ Soccer.sincsports.com

Professional Youth Player in Germany
                2 National Championship Appearances at the Collegiate level 1996-2003
                Region III Staff Coach
                National Runner up USYSA 1994
                NCAA National Chairman
                All American Committee
                South Region Director The Sport Source College Seminars
                USSF B License
                1994-Present Club Technical Trainer Chargers Soccer Club since 1994
                Florida Youth Soccer Association State ODP Staff
                Florida Youth Soccer Association State ODP Age Group Head Coach
                United States Youth Soccer Association Region III ODP Staff
                2007-2009 Florida Men’s State ODP Team Head Coach
                1996-2003 Eckerd College Women’s Soccer (founded and started program)
                NCAA Division 2 Women’s Soccer Committee Chair
                NCAA South Region Chair
                USL Super Y College Liason
                B.S. from Alderson-Broaddus College, 4 year Varsity Soccer Player and 2x National Championship Participant
                M.S. from Marshall University in Secondary Education/Exercise Science
                Doesn't matter who coaches for the Chargers, PM has pretty much destroyed the Chargers girls program. Two age groups don't even have teams this year, other age groups had poor turnouts for their tryouts. This will not change until PM takes some of his cronies off the payroll for the good of the club.

Comment

Doesn't matter who coaches for the Chargers, PM has pretty much destroyed the Chargers girls program. Two age groups don't even have teams this year, other age groups had poor turnouts for their tryouts. This will not change until PM takes some of his cronies off the payroll for the good of the club.
                  Ok...doesn't matter who coaches at Largo the Sousa's still run the show

Comment

What does that have to do with the Clw girls program?

Comment

Ok...doesn't matter who coaches at Largo the Sousa's still run the show
                      So, this makes it acceptable that PM has destroyed the Chargers girls program? How are the Sousa's involved with the Chargers?

Comment

So, this makes it acceptable that PM has destroyed the Chargers girls program? How are the Sousa's involved with the Chargers?
                        Your saying Clearwater is no good because of PM, ok whatever...but Largo??? You have the Sousa's who still run it. You cannot compare, you cannot have it both ways. The Sousa's are the reason you were absolved as a club

Comment

Your saying Clearwater is no good because of PM, ok whatever...but Largo??? You have the Sousa's who still run it. You cannot compare, you cannot have it both ways. The Sousa's are the reason you were absolved as a club
                          thanks for confirming that you agree that PM has destroyed the girls program at Clearwater. As far as Largo, who cares, has the Chargers fallen so far that they now consider teams like Largo, Celtic and Strictly to be their equals?

Comment

Who is developing the younger age girls for Clearwater? Are they doing a good job at that level? Do they develop the young girls just to see them leave at the older age groups?

Comment

Who is developing the younger age girls for Clearwater? Are they doing a good job at that level? Do they develop the young girls just to see them leave at the older age groups?
                              I have been at the club for 2 years and have no idea who PM is? I will try to get on the Board and vote him out.

Comment

I have been at the club for 2 years and have no idea who PM is? I will try to get on the Board and vote him out.
                                You have no chance of getting on the board, it is comprised of PM's cronies. If by some chance you did get on the board, you would never have the votes to remove PM, his paid pals would make sure. He has crippled the girls program in Clearwater, but answers to no one.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X