USA Girls U15 2013 Season

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That all sounds impressive. Seriously. But why such a weak showing in State Cup compared to the clubs you feel are inferior in your area? There are at least two small clubs with more teams that advanced even though they entered less teams. With so much more training and according tonyou, superior training, why so weak in the State Cup? Why so weak in the great out of town or state tounaments? I could enter a team into every major tournament in the country and brag about the quality of the tournament. But if I don't show well, does it mean anything?

I'm not saying that the training is bad at Strictly. But if it were so superior, how do "weak USA" teams out perform you at the State Cup level? Why only 4 teams entered? Aybe you entered more, correct me if I'm wrong)? But if only four teams from your entire club was deemed good enough to go to State Cup, then how can the training be much better than a club that puts 3 or 4 teams into the second round? Because you only play out of the back? Because you don't think SC is worth your skill level?

Strictly has some cool advantages such as being allowed to come and train any night. They start earlier as well. All good for players kids that won't get burnt out by too much training for sure. But with so much more training, and according to Strictly, superior training, shouldn't they be dominating at least the local level at state? Should small clubs be outperforming them against state competition? Strictly can't dominate local tournaments in the top brackets so why travel a thousand miles to be dominated in out of state tournaments rather than compete in and support local tournaments?

Why Colorado? Are there not any equally competitive tournaments they could lose at this side of the Mississippi? Seems that the travel would exclude kids who parents struggle with just club fees, let alone cross country travel, hotels, etc. great for the better off parents, but doesn't it exclude kids (that's what it's really about, right?)?

But many parents think that traveling across the country to play in a tournament means that it's a higher level of soccer I guess. Be damned the parents and kids that can't afford it. Right? No money out of HB's pocket though, so who cares.

Why go hundreds or thousands of miles to play tougher competition when you can't win the local league you play in? Can't dominate local tournaments in the highest brackets? Makes no sense what so ever other than parents being able to say that their kid went Colorado for a tournament. No doubt the kids loved it. But I bet they would have loved to win their own state's cup even more. But the majority of teams at Strictly weren't given the chance to do that due to their own club's lack of faith in their training. Despite the above bragging about how great the club's training is.

Messi could have come here as a teenager and played for any club in the area and still been a superstar. He could have played for Seminole and they would have drawn hundreds of top players once they started touting that Messi played for them. So you can talk about 8 kids over the course of having the same DOC having played college soccer. How many of them would have played college no matter what club they played for? I don't know and neither do you. How many of the kids that got scholorships lasted past the first year in college? How many kids that got academic scholorships from smaller clubs became stars at their college? Stats are great but they at numbers without a story behind them. Strictly touts the number of scholorships but doesn't say what years those kids played. We'd they from the last four years or from the many years that the same DOC has been in charge? 8 kids out of 10,000 isn't a ratio a parent should make a decision on is it?

Face it. You are way too serious about a club that isn't even the best in the county. By now, if the training was superior than the club would be superior team for team than anyone else around. You are a soccer club. You take good players and bad ones like everyone else. Your training is decent. Better than some and worse than some depending on the age group. Like most clubs.

If you are happy and thrilled with your kid's training at SS then more power to you. That more than a parent can ask. But get off the high horse until you can field top teams in every age group because until them you are like every other club that has good teams and bad ones. Welcome to Pinellas soccer. Lol

Comment

It is really quite amazing to read some of the comments that have been said. I live in St Petersburg, have 3 boys and have been involved in competitive youth soccer for 9 years now in the area. My main love and passion is soccer, I have played competitively in Europe, coached competitively. I have seen every club in Pinellas county, most in Hillsborough county and most in Bradenton. My boys have also played at many different competitive clubs in Pinellas from age 6 up. I have analyzed the quality of coaching, training, club philosophy, etc... I will tell you without a doubt, %100 that Strictly soccer is the best at training and developing players. They do not have the most numbers at there club, they are hurt by proximity. They have many family, social soccer clubs in the upper st pete that continue to ruin player developement. South St Pete is a dead zone of soccer athletes that end up playing Football and Baseball. Only the truely committed, that will drive, will succeed. PCU is horrible past U10, Celtic is just horrible with the exception of very few teams, Largo is a non factor, VSI Everton Northeast has some decent coaches but management is weak and club going downhill, Pinellas park is wow. So unless you are going to go to the Chargers, very political, expensive and depending on the coaches, not always the best situation. If you look at the amount of players at strictly and what there records are in CDL, it blows every other club away. I have always said that if you took all the players at the Chargers and brought them to Strictly, apply the same training methods, they would win multiple State Cup and compete nationally. And the Chargers DA, here's a news flash, not all the best players go there or get selected. First off, Chargers players get preference, do we need to say anymore on that.

Comment

I'm not saying that the training is bad at Strictly. But if it were so superior, how do "weak USA" teams out perform you at the State Cup level? Why only 4 teams entered? Aybe you entered more, correct me if I'm wrong)? But if only four teams from your entire club was deemed good enough to go to State Cup, then how can the training be much better than a club that puts 3 or 4 teams into the second round? Because you only play out of the back? Because you don't think SC is worth your skill level?

Comment

Look USA parents I sympathize. Your kid is stuck in some crappy league and your trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear to make your self feel better. If he or she is not that talented then stay where you are and have fun and accept what it is. USA league serves a purpose but if your kid has some talent then go tryout at some club that will have your kid around better players and that competes in better tournaments. If your kid is good enough they will make it. If not then USA is for you.

One bit of advice, if you want to make the move to a more competitive team then do it as soon as you can. As you get older (u16,U17,U18) and you want to move you have to be pretty darn good or better than what they have to break into an existing line up.

U18 parent

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Oh well, at least we won the Premiere League for the USA League and will be the favorites again next season. Bash Celtic all day long, but how many of the bashers can say their club won a Premiere League?
            I'm just curious, but if your club wins the USA Premiere League, does the club make efforts to move the team to a stronger league the following season? If not, do you just return to the USA League and play the same teams again? I just don't see how this would improve the development of players at your club.

Comment

I'm just curious, but if your club wins the USA Premiere League, does the club make efforts to move the team to a stronger league the following season? If not, do you just return to the USA League and play the same teams again? I just don't see how this would improve the development of players at your club.
              That is a good question - maybe some teams do not understand to search for a more difficult league. What leagues are there to consider if a team does not qualify for the FSPL (sweet 16 in state cup)?

Comment

Originally posted by TartanArmy View Post
                That is a good question - maybe some teams do not understand to search for a more difficult league. What leagues are there to consider if a team does not qualify for the FSPL (sweet 16 in state cup)?
                Anything other than the USA League is a promotion in the Tampa area, so take a pick of any of them

Comment

Celtic will stay in the USA League, it is where they belong and until the Largo-St.Pete areas merge some clubs that is where Celtic will stay.

Comment

and some day you will get a life and do something other than post about Celtic on every thread on this forum. we all get it- you don't like Celtic. now crawl back into your hole

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                      and some day you will get a life and do something other than post about celtic on every thread on this forum. We all get it- you don't like celtic. Now crawl back into your hole
                      celtic number one

Comment

Celtic will stay in the USA League, it is where they belong and until the Largo-St.Pete areas merge some clubs that is where Celtic will stay.
                        Im not knocking Celtic, but where else could they go other than back to the USA league? Are there other options that are available that Celtic is not pursuing? I know of no others options available to Celtic other than the USA League

Comment

Im not knocking Celtic, but where else could they go other than back to the USA league? Are there other options that are available that Celtic is not pursuing? I know of no others options available to Celtic other than the USA League
                          They can play in the east coast version of the USA, they call it FSL (NOT FSPL). I think they did this past season and were lower middle of the pack.

Comment

No other leagues want Celtic, due to their reputation as having poor finances, terrible training grounds and weak coaching.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X