Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    i agree.with one exception OCYS should be number16.. Bunch of players not organized.they just run like Forrest Gump :)
    I have to disagree with you; they cannot run like Forest.

Comment

You are a sad man. The season is not even over for this team. They have without question accomplished more than any other FL team in their age group this year but you are already trying to bash them and down play their accomplishments. You obviously know nothing about Dallas Cup which is attended by many international and top us clubs that do not do the DA thing you seem so impressed by. In fact U14 DA will only be in its second year this coming season and MANY top clubs have turned it down for obvious faults. Please do not pretend, only because your boy was able to get on a DA team, that that is the best and only option. If you want to stay and play against the same teams that you did last year (which by the way, we beat) then feel free to do so. The boys that were invited to play DA decided it was not their best option. Since you are obviously not interested in their accomplishments or development, this should please you not frustrate you. Just try and turn the page on what was clearly an unsatisfying season for you. In some ways I envy you since your summer has begun and we still need to play for another 2 months.
      We applaud the decision these boys made. The DA team tore apart the age group above them who had two teams make the final 16 at State Cup at U-13 then could have had a great season with a combined team this year. DA did that in. Wish all the kids/parents would have thought about this last year at this time, but then again it was an unknown. Hindsight being 20/20 I think everyone would have made very different choices.

Keep up the great work boys. Wishing you the best of luck. Don't worry about the the trash talkers. They are just jealous.

Signed
      A current U-14 TBU parent whose kid did play DA

Comment

We applaud the decision these boys made. The DA team tore apart the age group above them who had two teams make the final 16 at State Cup at U-13 then could have had a great season with a combined team this year. DA did that in. Wish all the kids/parents would have thought about this last year at this time, but then again it was an unknown. Hindsight being 20/20 I think everyone would have made very different choices.

Keep up the great work boys. Wishing you the best of luck. Don't worry about the the trash talkers. They are just jealous.

Signed
        A current U-14 TBU parent whose kid did play DA
        Agreed, the TBU DA program is poorly run. I just saw in another post they had 2 wins (both over CLWR who are equally bad), 22 losses (ouch), 3 ties. DA teams are clearly not always the best option for quality players.

Comment

....... DA teams are clearly not always the best option for quality players.....

Please elaborate on this. Why do you say this and please give your experience. I am not trying to bash but find ourselves in this very situation and would like to make an informed decision and would like to hear your take on this. Thank you!

Comment

....... DA teams are clearly not always the best option for quality players.....

Please elaborate on this. Why do you say this and please give your experience. I am not trying to bash but find ourselves in this very situation and would like to make an informed decision and would like to hear your take on this. Thank you!
            The premise of a DA is to train more, play less, but offer more qualaity games when they do play. It is also for kids who are willing not to play other sports (including other soccer).

If the DA team is not a very strong team, and does not offer the best coaching, then how does this help the players? I know that US soccer sends people out to evaluate the training sessions...I also know that on days when he comes out all the show comes out as well. This isnt right. It should not just be like this on days of evaluation, it should be like this every training session. With regard to games, yes they will play against better players/teams (ordinarily speaking), however thats suppose to be the smallest part of the DA...the games. The real competition should be in the training sessions. If the best kids arent on that team in order to be in the session, there goes that whole theory.

In addition, all players need to feel 100% good about team that they go to. Just because some children want to play other sports or just arent ready for the committment, doesnt mean that they are hiding. Along the same lines...just because someone doesnt decide to play DA the first year its available to them, doesnt mean that they wont or cant play in the years to come and turn out to be a great player.

You dont always have to play at the best level to succeed. There are countless examples of non D1 soccer players that get pro contracts....just as not every D1 player goes pro.

Here is the bottom line...Its the kids chioce regardless of the reason. The parents should be there to guide the child, not force decisions, and not belittle other children for the decissions that they make.

I appreciate you asking rather than attacking. Best of luck!

Comment

. This could go in many directions but here are a few reasons.

1. They are good at more than one sport and do not want to be limited to what they will play for ten months.

2. They like to practice twice a week not four or five times.

3. They struggle in school and can't afford to commit to the practice schedule.

4. They are in AP classes and school being more important to their future they need the normal club schedule.

5. They like the team they are on.

6. They like to trophy hunt at tournaments with their friends.

7. They want to play for their middle or high school team.

8. They know some of the players and don't like them.

9. They are not in good enough shape or not willing to work to be in shape to play a full game. DA plays FIFA sub rules. Once you are out you can't go back in. May also mean that they don't play much.

10. They enjoy being the big fish in the pond and don't want to be tested.

Also see the post about the DA program translation to college and the grind.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X