OCYS Consolidated Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We have MLS" Boy they sure can ride that MLS train as if they are guaranteed to benefit. Tell that to the locals that were dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      "We have MLS" Boy they sure can ride that MLS train as if they are guaranteed to benefit. Tell that to the locals that were dropped.
      It has become crystal clear who has risen to the top and who has sunk to the bottom.

Comment

I thought there was no local club support for this event. I saw Maitland & Acys teams there. Fields are not as bad as advertised either.

Comment

I thought there was no local club support for this event. I saw Maitland & Acys teams there. Fields are not as bad as advertised either.
          Some of the fields are in really bad shape. 1/4 of the complex is closed due to field conditions. Fields 5 and 6 have large holes on the pitch. And one of them has a large hole in the corner. Support from other clubs is pretty low except for JFC and PV. Other club support is from lower tier teams playing for small clubs. When you have 180 and over 100 are from your own club, JFC and PV, you have a problem. However, OC easily makes 6 figures from holding this tournament so as a promoter they probably really don't care. But overall, this is a rec tournament.

Comment

Some of the fields are in really bad shape. 1/4 of the complex is closed due to field conditions. Fields 5 and 6 have large holes on the pitch. And one of them has a large hole in the corner. Support from other clubs is pretty low except for JFC and PV. Other club support is from lower tier teams playing for small clubs. When you have 180 and over 100 are from your own club, JFC and PV, you have a problem. However, OC easily makes 6 figures from holding this tournament so as a promoter they probably really don't care. But overall, this is a rec tournament.
            You agree, the bad fields aren't being used. There are 180 teams playing. Local clubs sent teams to play. JFC and PV sent the most...those are not Rec clubs. OC not a rec club. You may not like them but they are not rec. the tournament is not prestigious but it isn't a rec tournament.

Comment

You agree, the bad fields aren't being used. There are 180 teams playing. Local clubs sent teams to play. JFC and PV sent the most...those are not Rec clubs. OC not a rec club. You may not like them but they are not rec. the tournament is not prestigious but it isn't a rec tournament.
              Its not Bazooka, but its definitely a rec tournament. A handful of teams, most OC, are top rated. The others are here because they either did not make it to ACDC or its closer to home.

As a promoter of tournaments you only care what $$$ you generate. OC will make out very pretty from this. From their definition its a success.

Comment

Anybody have an updated list of the college coaches attending GSA girls showcase this year?

Comment

Its not Bazooka, but its definitely a rec tournament. A handful of teams, most OC, are top rated. The others are here because they either did not make it to ACDC or its closer to home.

As a promoter of tournaments you only care what $$$ you generate. OC will make out very pretty from this. From their definition its a success.
                  Other than DA, every team at OCYS is a recreational team. The players on many of these top teams are competitive category but OCYS does not care hence they provide only 2 days of training. This makes them rec level by national and FIFA standards because they are in violation of player development model.

Unfortunately FYSA and US Club soccer have failed the public in enforcing their own standards on their affiliated clubs.

Comment

Other than DA, every team at OCYS is a recreational team. The players on many of these top teams are competitive category but OCYS does not care hence they provide only 2 days of training. This makes them rec level by national and FIFA standards because they are in violation of player development model.

Unfortunately FYSA and US Club soccer have failed the public in enforcing their own standards on their affiliated clubs.
                    Check the ECNL standings champ. Most OC teams in top 10 of country. Go sell crazy somewhere else.

Comment

Overview of wins and loses noticed that OC by far WAS NOT the best performer at the Orlando City Cup. I do not know how it compared to least year but many of these unknown teams came to town and spanked OC. Maybe an extra day of practice would have done some good.

Comment

Check the ECNL standings champ. Most OC teams in top 10 of country. Go sell crazy somewhere else.
                        That makes us one heck of a rec club. If our rec teams can beat their comp teams then maybe they should train 2 days per week.

Comment

always improving

last year 142 teams, this year 183 teams. Every year will get better. Even when they have a MLS/DA division. Also other clubs are already committing to next year. So the facilities are only improve as well. Here is to a great local tournament!

Comment

Overview of wins and loses noticed that OC by far WAS NOT the best performer at the Orlando City Cup. I do not know how it compared to least year but many of these unknown teams came to town and spanked OC. Maybe an extra day of practice would have done some good.
                            The ECNL teams only practice 2x per week?? I doubt that.

Comment

ECNL practices same as DA. OCYS is gender equality professional organization.

Comment

Those were not ECNL teams playing OC Cup.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X