This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Unless you live under a rock. WPU is the laughing stock of travel soccer clubs right now.
    Boys teams leaving, girls teams leaving.

What ya gonna do when the membership goes from 475 to 250-275?
    Where are the funds to pay the DOC salary coming from?

Typical WPU parent in denial. I am sure your kid is the best on the best team right?
    Sad to say, there is nothing any of the members can do. Even if we did step up and ran for these positions, that would not make a big impact since most of the parents that I speak with are still not staying. The DOC just does get it -- we are not buying what he is selling. Most importantly, he has no vested interest in this club. It is much easier to leave then to stay and fight. I just don't have the energy.

Comment

Youre not leaving. Just like you didnt do anything when spots on the board were available. All talk. See you soon!
      I didn't do anything because the board positions that were open were not ones that could make a difference. The DOC has been rehired with tweedle dee and tweeds dum as his sidekicks. The registrar and raffle coordinator positions have no power to get rid of them. So, that being said, I have chosen to take my money elsewhere until the WPU nightmare is over and then, maybe then, will consider coming back if they are gone.

Comment

Sad to say, there is nothing any of the members can do. Even if we did step up and ran for these positions, that would not make a big impact since most of the parents that I speak with are still not staying. The DOC just does get it -- we are not buying what he is selling. Most importantly, he has no vested interest in this club. It is much easier to leave then to stay and fight. I just don't have the energy.

Oh yes he does, he gets it. $$$$, and the BOD supports it!!
        You think for one second he would stay if WPU did not pay him $70k a year?
        Where do you think the summer camp $$ is going?
        What parents finally understand is that they got approached this year at the games/tournaments from other clubs, there are options, less fee or is some cases no fee your kid ( good ) plays for free.
        None of the parents at the club had any BALLS, nerve, or guts to stand up to the BOD, so let the club face the music at tryouts. Tumbleweeds, a ghost town.

Comment

West Pines

I didn't do anything because the board positions that were open were not ones that could make a difference. The DOC has been rehired with tweedle dee and tweeds dum as his sidekicks. The registrar and raffle coordinator positions have no power to get rid of them. So, that being said, I have chosen to take my money elsewhere until the WPU nightmare is over and then, maybe then, will consider coming back if they are gone.

It saddens me to hear that almost everyone is leaving. When can we stop training and walk away from our team. Can someone tell me when is the club going to post the Coaches List for 2014-2015? This will determine if my children stay or go. I hope the DOC understands that we are a travel club with Recreational coaches, coaches with no experience, directors with no experience (JG, HT and AB) and if the club decide to turn the other cheek then what will happen with the club, that was once on top. We have been laughed at and ridiculed for the last time. I hope the club realizes that changes need to be made to keep the players at WPU.

Comment

Youre not leaving. Just like you didnt do anything when spots on the board were available. All talk. See you soon!
            Hey why should we run for one of the position if nothing will change. The DOC has all the power and why waste anymore years. The best solution is to leave like everyone else.

Comment

heard wp and Weston DANONE teams are playing each other this weekend. Love to know the results

Comment

It saddens me to hear that almost everyone is leaving. When can we stop training and walk away from our team. Can someone tell me when is the club going to post the Coaches List for 2014-2015? This will determine if my children stay or go. I hope the DOC understands that we are a travel club with Recreational coaches, coaches with no experience, directors with no experience (JG, HT and AB) and if the club decide to turn the other cheek then what will happen with the club, that was once on top. We have been laughed at and ridiculed for the last time. I hope the club realizes that changes need to be made to keep the players at WPU.
                Tryouts are coming up
                Many clubs to choose from
                Think of what's best for your kids
                Make the right decision

Comment

Very true. WP has a DOC and directors with experience in running a club. The WP board is impressed with some license that the DOC has but he can not run a club or even speak English. You got rid of your experienced coaches and lost so many good players because of your directors. Now you talk about going back to your roots? That was when you were such a strong club and you spoke bad about those people who wre in charge. You have no direction. You have no plan. Your DOC and directors will destroy your club. Shame on you WP board for letting this happen.

Comment

They don't have a coaches list because they don't have coaches that want to come back. I know of a boys coach who is leaving and taking 8-9 boys with him to another club. I know of 4 girls teams for sure that are not returning at all--not even a thought about coming back to WPU.

The club is not making changes as they have assured us that the 3 open positions are remaining the same. Do you really think anything is going to change when the BOD and PDB remains the same?? Stop wishing upon a star and start figuring out your strategy of what is best for your kid.

You can stop training whenever you wish. Your season is done unless you are still in state cup which is unlikely since WPU didn't breed any state cup teams--I think maybe 2 girls teams are in it. The other teams are done!

Get your kid ready for tryouts as there will be a HUGE influx of kids going to tryout at all the other clubs in the area. WESTON, DAVIE, PLANTATION, SUNRISE, BOCA, CORAL SPRINGS, FT. LAUDERDALE SELECT, PARMA, MIAMI LAKES, DORAL, COOPER CITY, KENDALL, MIAMI GARDENS.

Remember, WPU never had your child's interest in mind. All they cared about was how to pay the $70K to a useless DOC. Increase registration, hire someone to recruit more teams for the West Pines tournament, and oh yea...sell raffle tickets so that the President's wife can win and go on vacation since he worked so hard at trying to save the club...NOT! They did publish that if you didn't sell your raffle tickets, you would be placed on a list and not be allowed to come back...did you forget.

It's time to hightail it outta here.

By the looks of the poll, it appears that 60% of who comes on here agrees--leaving no matter what they change. It will be too little...too late!

Comment

heard wp and Weston DANONE teams are playing each other this weekend. Love to know the results
                      Any update?

Comment

I heard wp lost to weston

Comment

Bahahahahahaha!

Comment

4-1 Weston won dominated the whole game, they had 16 so basically played one team the first half and the second team the second half. Both teams dominated WP it seemed like they had never played together and didn't mesh right.

Plus the parents were not letting the kids play yelling at them directions and wh

Comment

4-1 Weston won dominated the whole game, they had 16 so basically played one team the first half and the second team the second half. Both teams dominated WP it seemed like they had never played together and didn't mesh right.

Plus the parents were not letting the kids play yelling at them directions and wh
                              What are you doing play harder run earlier come on!! kids were telling them to leave them alone HG yelling from the side line telling the parents to be quite.

I felt bad for 4,11,15 their parents what a pain.

Comment

not surprised. WPU parents feel that "u12" team is so so good. So now what is the excuse?..1/2 the team is not playing with them?

Comment

Working...
                                X