•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Signed,

USA League Basher

ps...many of the teams at your precious 'big 4' are not good, getting creamed in CDL and/or other 'higher' leagues. You can't make chicken salad from chicken crap!
    I agree that WFF,Clearwater, and TBU have overall the strongest programs. If anything else because of the size of the clubs. Strictly has a handful of decent teams but their ship has sailed. Small club with many weak teams in most of their age groups. They try to do things the right way but it is very hard to compete with the bigger clubs especially as they get older.

Comment

Signed,

USA League Basher

ps...many of the teams at your precious 'big 4' are not good, getting creamed in CDL and/or other 'higher' leagues. You can't make chicken salad from chicken crap!
      Signed,
      PW

Comment

I agree that WFF,Clearwater, and TBU have overall the strongest programs. If anything else because of the size of the clubs. Strictly has a handful of decent teams but their ship has sailed. Small club with many weak teams in most of their age groups. They try to do things the right way but it is very hard to compete with the bigger clubs especially as they get older.
        Strictly is the only club in lower Pinellas that has access to multiple leagues, the rest of the clubs are limited to the USA League, so they are a tough sell to parents who have talented kids.

Comment

Strictly is the only club in lower Pinellas that has access to multiple leagues, the rest of the clubs are limited to the USA League, so they are a tough sell to parents who have talented kids.
          Strictly probably leads the race to the bottom in Saint Pete, but look how weak their competition is, Largo, Celtic, PCU, Everton (do they still have a club) and Seminole. This area is really ripe for TBU, WFF, or the Chargers to swoop in and acquire one of the existing clubs. If this happened, the remaining bad clubs would either fold or be stuck playing with 2-3 competitive teams in total. We already have large amounts of parents that drive 30-45 minutes out of Saint Pete and Largo just to get their kids to better clubs, so you could imagine how many would come to one of the better clubs if it was in their own backyard.

Comment

It's coming!!!

Comment

Only four clubs are worth your investment if your looking to advance your kids soccer skills: TBU, WFF, Charger and Strictly. All of the rest of the clubs are simply social clubs where the teams play in an advanced recreational league called the USA LEague

Comment

Only four clubs are worth your investment if your looking to advance your kids soccer skills: TBU, WFF, Charger and Strictly. All of the rest of the clubs are simply social clubs where the teams play in an advanced recreational league called the USA LEague
                Some of your thoughts are true, but the USA League does provide a valuable service for the community. The league acts as a bridge between recreational soccer and competitive soccer. The USA League allows parents to bump their kids up to competitive soccer at a reasonable cost, while not exposing to a league with great players. This in turn provides the child with more practice time with hopefully a more skilled coach then they would receive at the recreational level. If the child enters the USA League and excels, then the parents can move him/her to a club that has opportunities to play in the better leagues in the area. This is sort of like the professional baseball minor league system, which usually has clubs ranked from A to AAA, the USA League would be like the Florida State Baseball League (Tampa Yanks, Lakeland Tigers, etc.) the advanced Class A league.

Comment

Some of your thoughts are true, but the USA League does provide a valuable service for the community.
                  One of the most valuable assets of the USA League is its distribution of scholarship money to graduating high school seniors. I don't see any other league mentioned on this board disitributing upwards of $30,000 to $40,000 each year in $500 to $750 increments to roughly six dozen kids moving on to college.

Comment

what a bunch of xxxx

One of the most valuable assets of the USA League is its distribution of scholarship money to graduating high school seniors. I don't see any other league mentioned on this board disitributing upwards of $30,000 to $40,000 each year in $500 to $750 increments to roughly six dozen kids moving on to college.
                    the scholarship program is there for the benefit of the leaders of USA to feel good about themselves, trust me 750 bucks does very little in regards to paying for college. What's even worse is this money comes from all the USA players, a typical pyramid scheme. Now if you want it to be about the kids then give one or two scholarships of 20k or 40k to one or two players. Now that would have an affect for the player not the USA bosses. Also, take a look at how much it costs to put the award ceremony.

Comment

mr negativity, please go take your happy pill

Comment

I agree

the scholarship program is there for the benefit of the leaders of USA to feel good about themselves, trust me 750 bucks does very little in regards to paying for college. What's even worse is this money comes from all the USA players, a typical pyramid scheme. Now if you want it to be about the kids then give one or two scholarships of 20k or 40k to one or two players. Now that would have an affect for the player not the USA bosses. Also, take a look at how much it costs to put the award ceremony.
                        I never really understood the whole scholarship idea nor did I believe that it was accepted for the USA league to spend that sort of money on one or many kids.

Comment

My son received a USA league scholarship last year and it was very much appreciated . Along with 4 other small academic merit scholarships we were able to cover a large portion of his dorm and food expenses , which amounted to around $6000 , for the year .

Comment

How do you know there isn't not an endowment to cover the scholarships annually? Also, the $750 sure helps with the text books the kids will need their first year. And, why would I trust you since you want to hoard the money for one or two kids, presumably one of your own?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X