Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Go read the USA League bylaws before misstating things. The by laws state that two teams are delegated and promoted from each age group. There is not one single age group that any team from the CDL would finish in the bottom 2 of D1. This was never a reason larger clubs pulled out, they pulled out because of how weak the USA League is from top to bottom. You have teams that are D1 in the USA League that are ranked 100th in the state for their age group. Parents are paying good money at WFF, TBU and the Chargers to paly against the best teams in the state, if they were in the USA League they would be forced to play bad teams such as Citrus United, PCU, Hernando Heat, Largo, Celtic, Dunedin etc. which in turn hardly develops their skills playing inferior opponents
    Yep the kool aid runs deep in you. If you have been around soccer for 20+ years you know the true reason. P/R is the reason. WFF, TBU, CLW do not play the best teams in the state on the boys side in CDL or NPL. Please educate yourself about area soccer before you post. All the leagues on the west coast of florida have 2 or 3 quality teams the rest are glorified rec.

Many egos in charge to do not want a league were you actually have to prove yourself and play the top teams. Parents do not want there child to play on a D2 team even if the team is a D2 team. They would rather play CDL and loose all their games but they are not in USA d2.

Please again educate yourself about soccer politics on the west coast of FL. BTW to much kool aide with get you fat.

Comment

I would have no qualms about placing a talented player into the USA League up to age 12, after that you will start to see the better players moving to clubs that offer placement in more advanced leagues. The level of soccer from U13 through U18 in the USA League is really weak, but in the lower age groups the USA League is as good as any league in the area.

Comment

Every Tampa area club would ditch the USA League if their club was given an opportunity to join the CDL.
        from a parent that has had their kids in every league, this is accurate. the USA league is only good for recreational play. not saying there aren't good teams stuck in it... just that it is a dead end if you are interested in playing at the next level, and if you are, you need to find another club.

Comment

I would have no qualms about placing a talented player into the USA League up to age 12, after that you will start to see the better players moving to clubs that offer placement in more advanced leagues. The level of soccer from U13 through U18 in the USA League is really weak, but in the lower age groups the USA League is as good as any league in the area.
          do agree with you but if the young team is talented, those kids need to find a good tourney or two during the season to check themselves against their peers. games in the USA league alone are not going to cut it. you can't check your team against the same teams over and over.

Comment

from a parent that has had their kids in every league, this is accurate. the USA league is only good for recreational play. not saying there aren't good teams stuck in it... just that it is a dead end if you are interested in playing at the next level, and if you are, you need to find another club.
            speaking of senior teams only. for junior teams the USA league is one option.

Comment

Yep the kool aid runs deep in you. If you have been around soccer for 20+ years you know the true reason. P/R is the reason. WFF, TBU, CLW do not play the best teams in the state on the boys side in CDL or NPL. Please educate yourself about area soccer before you post. All the leagues on the west coast of florida have 2 or 3 quality teams the rest are glorified rec.

Many egos in charge to do not want a league were you actually have to prove yourself and play the top teams. Parents do not want there child to play on a D2 team even if the team is a D2 team. They would rather play CDL and loose all their games but they are not in USA d2.

Please again educate yourself about soccer politics on the west coast of FL. BTW to much kool aide with get you fat.

I think the person your replying to is correct, my son played in the USA League up to age 13 and then we moved to a club that offered better competition (now plays in FSPL). As I thought about it, only a couple of clubs are actually relegated, so I went back and looked at the standings from last year in numerous age brackets to see just how many teams moved up and down. I averaged it out, it comes out to in between 1 and 2 teams for each age group. In some cases, teams that came in last stayed in Division 1 for the following season, so the fear of relegation must be subjective and not strictly enforced. In most cases in each age group the bottom 3-4 teams were really bad judging on goals allowed vs goals scored. I looked at the current makeup of the CDL and I could find no team that was ranked on GotSoccer lower than 56th place in their age group. So, in order to go with your theory that teams are worried about relegation, I find your premise to be faulty, for a couple of reasons: 1) it is doubtful that any of the current teams in any of the CDL age groups would finish in the bottom two positions of a USA League. 2) If the USA League was consistent in relegating teams then how are last place teams staying in the top division the following year. I think your argument would hold more water if the USA League actually promoted and demoted 4 of 8 teams in each age group. Demoting a last place team out of an 8 team league is hardly something the Chargers would fear.

Comment

I think the person your replying to is correct, my son played in the USA League up to age 13 and then we moved to a club that offered better competition (now plays in FSPL). As I thought about it, only a couple of clubs are actually relegated, so I went back and looked at the standings from last year in numerous age brackets to see just how many teams moved up and down. I averaged it out, it comes out to in between 1 and 2 teams for each age group. In some cases, teams that came in last stayed in Division 1 for the following season, so the fear of relegation must be subjective and not strictly enforced. In most cases in each age group the bottom 3-4 teams were really bad judging on goals allowed vs goals scored. I looked at the current makeup of the CDL and I could find no team that was ranked on GotSoccer lower than 56th place in their age group. So, in order to go with your theory that teams are worried about relegation, I find your premise to be faulty, for a couple of reasons: 1) it is doubtful that any of the current teams in any of the CDL age groups would finish in the bottom two positions of a USA League. 2) If the USA League was consistent in relegating teams then how are last place teams staying in the top division the following year. I think your argument would hold more water if the USA League actually promoted and demoted 4 of 8 teams in each age group. Demoting a last place team out of an 8 team league is hardly something the Chargers would fear.
                You play FSPL. Now that is a league you have to earn your way in. The P/R system would work if all the teams would stay in league. Teams drop out or do not want to move up and use the 50% roster rule.

USA has a good model but for some reason all the teams in the area will not play there. I am sure it is about $$$ and egos

It is not competition because if all the best area teams played the competition would be there.

Comment

The lackeys for the USA League have been bad mouthing the CDL for nearly twelve years now because they cannot stand it that almost all of the good clubs pulled out of the USA League and formed a league that allowed the clubs to play better competition from top to bottom in each age group. Are there some good clubs in the USA League, sure there are, but each age group in the USA League has teams in it that are nothing more than recreational teams masquerading as competitive teams. Every parent or coach that has been involved with the USA League knows it's a waste of time to drive 2 hours to play let's say Citrus United and beat them 9 to nil. It does nothing for your team, but allow them to fall into bad habits by playing inferior opponents there is nothing gained and time has been wasted. The creation of the CDL was no different then what college football has done, the better college football clubs have formed power conferences separating themselves from weaker clubs in order to improve the quality of play for their kids. Could a USA team beat a CDL team, sure it happens in college football where a Georgia Southern knocks off the Gators, but 99 out 100 times the Gators would beat them. I agree with what someone else said, nearly all Tampa area clubs that are stuck in the USA League would jump at the chance to join the CDL. I know that Celtic FC from the USA League played in the Lower Bracket of the CDL Classic and won the bracket and I have heard nothing but praise about them. I can guarentee that if Celtic had the opportunity to move their club teams to the CDL or NPL they would wave goodbye to the USA League.

Comment

You play FSPL. Now that is a league you have to earn your way in. The P/R system would work if all the teams would stay in league. Teams drop out or do not want to move up and use the 50% roster rule.

USA has a good model but for some reason all the teams in the area will not play there. I am sure it is about $$$ and egos

It is not competition because if all the best area teams played the competition would be there.
                    Competition is a big issue, look at the team still alive in State Cup and they all have played strong competition all year. Not many USA League teams are still alive at State Cup especially on the girls side of the tourney.

Comment

The lackeys for the USA League have been bad mouthing the CDL for nearly twelve years now because they cannot stand it that almost all of the good clubs pulled out of the USA League and formed a league that allowed the clubs to play better competition from top to bottom in each age group. Are there some good clubs in the USA League, sure there are, but each age group in the USA League has teams in it that are nothing more than recreational teams masquerading as competitive teams. Every parent or coach that has been involved with the USA League knows it's a waste of time to drive 2 hours to play let's say Citrus United and beat them 9 to nil. It does nothing for your team, but allow them to fall into bad habits by playing inferior opponents there is nothing gained and time has been wasted. The creation of the CDL was no different then what college football has done, the better college football clubs have formed power conferences separating themselves from weaker clubs in order to improve the quality of play for their kids. Could a USA team beat a CDL team, sure it happens in college football where a Georgia Southern knocks off the Gators, but 99 out 100 times the Gators would beat them. I agree with what someone else said, nearly all Tampa area clubs that are stuck in the USA League would jump at the chance to join the CDL. I know that Celtic FC from the USA League played in the Lower Bracket of the CDL Classic and won the bracket and I have heard nothing but praise about them. I can guarentee that if Celtic had the opportunity to move their club teams to the CDL or NPL they would wave goodbye to the USA League.
                      Stop with the better competition in cdl because there is not better competition. each league 2-3 good teams and the rest are average at best

Comment

The only people that think the USA League is not the worst league in the state are:

1. The administration of the USA League, they need the income so what would you expect

2. DOC's of clubs that rely on placing teams into the USA League because their clubs have no access to other leagues. What would you expect from them, ah, our teams play in the USA League, it is basically a step up from Rec soccer.

3. Parents-That have been duped by DOC's or coaches into thinking that Mia or John are going to be playing in a Premiere League that is the best in the area and will lead to glory for their kids. It usually takes new parents one to two seasons of USA League soccer before they start to understand that that are better options in the area if their son or daughter is talented. Every tryout season, we get parents that bring their kids to Clearwater from clubs that play in he USA League, they come in talking about how great their child was in the USA League. Once tryouts start they are generally stunned by just how far behind their children are in the development stage in comparison to the kids with the Chargers. In many cases, I have pulled the parents aside and explained to them that they have been sold a wolf ticket by the USA League club and I tell them if your child makes one of our teams then he/she is going to likely have limited playing time until our coaches have been able to work with them and break the bad habits that have been installed by playing for a USA League type club. In most cases, the number one issue is that these kids have not had enough touches, they have no passing skills or ball control skills, this is a result of the brand of soccer played in the USA League which is long-ball.

The USA League has been and will always be the stepping stone from rec soccer to advanced rec soccer due to the amount of terribly run clubs that comprise the majority of teams in the USA League. State Cup has shown how weak the USA League is each and every year. Go look at each age group of the final 16 teams, count the number of USA League teams still alive, you will only need one hand to do this.

Comment

The only people that think the USA League is not the worst league in the state are:

1. The administration of the USA League, they need the income so what would you expect

2. DOC's of clubs that rely on placing teams into the USA League because their clubs have no access to other leagues. What would you expect from them, ah, our teams play in the USA League, it is basically a step up from Rec soccer.

3. Parents-That have been duped by DOC's or coaches into thinking that Mia or John are going to be playing in a Premiere League that is the best in the area and will lead to glory for their kids. It usually takes new parents one to two seasons of USA League soccer before they start to understand that that are better options in the area if their son or daughter is talented. Every tryout season, we get parents that bring their kids to Clearwater from clubs that play in he USA League, they come in talking about how great their child was in the USA League. Once tryouts start they are generally stunned by just how far behind their children are in the development stage in comparison to the kids with the Chargers. In many cases, I have pulled the parents aside and explained to them that they have been sold a wolf ticket by the USA League club and I tell them if your child makes one of our teams then he/she is going to likely have limited playing time until our coaches have been able to work with them and break the bad habits that have been installed by playing for a USA League type club. In most cases, the number one issue is that these kids have not had enough touches, they have no passing skills or ball control skills, this is a result of the brand of soccer played in the USA League which is long-ball.

The USA League has been and will always be the stepping stone from rec soccer to advanced rec soccer due to the amount of terribly run clubs that comprise the majority of teams in the USA League. State Cup has shown how weak the USA League is each and every year. Go look at each age group of the final 16 teams, count the number of USA League teams still alive, you will only need one hand to do this.
                          Pretty much sums it up

Comment

how many times can we beat this dead horse?

Comment

And your alternative is

We know what it is not:

It is not CDL or FSL or NPL. Unless you can get into a play in league like FSPL or R3P they are all the same.

Come up with a solution not just rehash the same issue over and over again.

BTW your comparison to USA league teams left in state cup is a false analogy since USA is a region C league and 50% teams come from region A

Comment

The USA League is a perfectly fine league for the weaker clubs to play their games. Almost all of these clubs cannot get into any other league in the area, so they are locked into the USA League, for better or worse, but it is out of the clubs hands. Yes, the USA League teams pretty much lack the ability to pass the ball and control the ball, you mainly see these teams looking at deep kicks to score, butt this is a result of smaller clubs barely paying anything to their coaches, so there pool of coaches are pretty weak.t

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X