Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    OC will announce a new model in the near future. They will fully fund the new model. Boys only and a small number of academy players. It's only a matter of time. All others will be left holding a bag of empty promises.
    And why do you care? I don't believe that will occur, but if it does we will simply move to another club. If they decide to stop providing the services that I want, we will find another club that does offer those services. And I won't spend hours every day on this forum complaining about it. They have the freedom to run their club how they choose, and I have the freedom to go somewhere else if I don't like it. This isn't a life or death situation. It is youth soccer. It isn't something that I'm going to be terribly offended about.

Comment

Thank you for your help!

Just look at the loyal OC Professional players recently cut. These players bleed Purple. Drove all over town promoting and doing charity work at the calling of OC and in the grand OC Lion name. Cut as soon as they were not needed and MLS secured. A simple bye bye in an OC website and Facebook tag.
      These players also were playing for OC for the past few years for a reason. They all knew there was no guarantee that they would be on the MLS team.

Comment

These players also were playing for OC for the past few years for a reason. They all knew there was no guarantee that they would be on the MLS team.
        Accurate statement! Think about it. A soccer players professional career last a short 5-7 years maximum. If these players were good enough they would of already been selected to MLS teams. Dom Dwyer is a good example. Keep in mind that OC USL Pro team has been playing in the Third division

MLS- Div 1

NASL- Div 2

USL Pro- Div 3

Give management a break. They are trying to give us a chance to succeed.

Frankly speaking at the moment the only true MLS player we have is Kaka. The young players signed will get moved to other teams for more development is my guess. We basically need an entire new team and even our coach and staff are up for review in short order.

Comment

Accurate statement! Think about it. A soccer players professional career last a short 5-7 years maximum. If these players were good enough they would of already been selected to MLS teams. Dom Dwyer is a good example. Keep in mind that OC USL Pro team has been playing in the Third division

MLS- Div 1

NASL- Div 2

USL Pro- Div 3

Frankly speaking at the moment the only true MLS player we have is Kaka. The young players signed will get moved to other teams for more development is my guess. We basically need an entire new team and even our coach and staff are up for review in short order.
          And this isn't intended to be an insult to the players that were cut. I would love to see them make it to MLS one day. A lot of the players seem like good people, and I hope they achieve their dream one day.

Comment

I am trying to see what FYSA is doing to bring down the soccer cost for children wanting to play the game. So far I did not see any efforts or I may not have seen enough.

I think currently it looks like:
            Serious Organized Crime Club Enabling Robbery (SOCCER) is the main mission here.
            Finally I came up with this to see why Football of the world is Americanised as soccer.

Look at OCYS for example. They charge a fee of 1600 + League game fees paid by teams= about $2000 compared to about $1200 for 4 days practice at other local clubs.

Where can we file complaints at FYSA or BBB?
            I don't pay $1600 + league fees at OCYS. Not sure where you are getting that info from.

From the FKK website:

PROGRAM COSTS:

U15-U18 Black $1,500 per year
            U15-U18 White $1,300 per year
            U15-U18 Blue $1,100 per year

PROGRAM COSTS:

U11-U14 Black $1,500 per year
            U11-U14 White $1,300 per year
            U11-U14 Blue $1,100 per year

From the FKK Player Parent Handbook:

All Premier League Teams must attend two regular sessions per week. A third required weekly session is the SSP and FKK skills training.

From the Rush website:

•U9-10 Fees (Bantam Division) - $1060 annually, plus uniforms and tournament fees

•U11-12 Fees (Youth Division) - $1170 annually, plus uniforms and tournament fees
            •U13-18 Fees (Jr & Sr Divisions) - $1370 annually, plus uniforms and tournament fees

Annual Membership fees include: Player registration, (2) Training tops, Team training (2-3x weekly), GK training (1x weekly), Friday night finishing (2x monthly)

Uniforms costs: $170-350.00

Tournament Fees: Cost varies per team, ($250-$750 annually)

Where are all of these clubs providing 4 days of training for all of their players for $1200?

Comment

MLS- Div 1

NASL- Div 2

USL Pro- Div 3

Coaching has to get younger players closest to playing the game in order for it to get better for yout end quote !

Comment

I don't pay $1600 + league fees at OCYS. Not sure where you are getting that info from.

From the FKK website:

PROGRAM COSTS:

PROGRAM COSTS:

All Premier League Teams must attend two regular sessions per week. A third required weekly session is the SSP and FKK skills training.

From the Rush website:

•U9-10 Fees (Bantam Division) - $1060 annually, plus uniforms and tournament fees

•U11-12 Fees (Youth Division) - $1170 annually, plus uniforms and tournament fees
                •U13-18 Fees (Jr & Sr Divisions) - $1370 annually, plus uniforms and tournament fees

Annual Membership fees include: Player registration, (2) Training tops, Team training (2-3x weekly), GK training (1x weekly), Friday night finishing (2x monthly)

Where are all of these clubs providing 4 days of training for all of their players for $1200?
                Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
                You people are ridiculous. Since you are assuming, let's assume the preacademy coaches get the same payscale as the other coaches in the club but have to put in more hours for their teams. If that is the case, how will argument stand? They choose to put in more hours for this program. I remember the first meeting I went to and the DA coach said we are trying to get a larger group of boys ready for the DA. It doesn't mean they will make the DA. It does mean you will have to commit the time to be here 3 days a week. Some parents were shocked we were going to 3 days a week and thought it might be too much. Well now I can see that the parents must like it and others see it to. I am not saying all kids shouldn't have the same opportunities but I will say not all can be on the top teams and have the exact coach they want. I also remember last year reading the complaints about having a curriculum and there were pages of complaints on that too.
                We do agree more training is required for all. We believe those GB /CM teams should get 4 days. All other teams should also get minimum 3 days and 4th optional for either skills or SAQ (based on team level evaluation)
                We also believe Boys and Girls should be treated equally for training opportunities.

What OCYS has done:
                1. cut training to each and everyone in the club- compared to what we used to get at EOS, CFU, Kraze/Krush, FCA....probably every club.
                2. FEEs have been increased
                3. League costs and coaches league game costs are transferred to team accounts
                4. Records show they WILL NOT pick from PERPLE OR any lower teams for ECNL or DA
                - that is because they effectively destroyed those kids growth potential by denying training opportunities

Then few teams under SELECT Highly PAID Coaches are looking good by showing 3 days training compared to other teams 2 days. Reality is they have reduced from 4 days to 3 for few and
                reduced 4 days to 2 for every other team at same level!

Why should anybody see you in the office to respond to this? Isn't this obvious?

Quote:
                Here is a list of the teams and their practice schedule. http://www.orlandocityyouth.org/Acad...s/index_E.html
                There may be a couple of teams whose coach has scheduled a 3rd practice but those are few and far between. Older teams will be on break starting sometime in October till January or February when High School is over. During that time they are still expected to compete in Showcase and other tournaments. And please no one come on here and tell us how great high school soccer season and training is.

I filtered and sorted that list. It shows U-9 thru U-12 Boys purple teams (GB and CM) having 3 times per week practices.
                All other teams have 2 practices, including Purple Girls teams at same age level.
                Flavio wants to know if this above statement is true?

Comment

From the FKK website:

PROGRAM COSTS:

PROGRAM COSTS:

From the Rush website:

So, if OCYS charges whatever higher fee, how much training per week they provide for that fee to all ages?

Comment

How the he!! did this thread turn into another OC bash? You people are all fkk'ing crazy.

Comment

So, if OCYS charges whatever higher fee, how much training per week they provide for that fee to all ages?
                      If you were at OCYS, you would know how much they charge and you would know how often they train.

If you aren't at OCYS, why do you care? People have the right to spend their money how they want. If someone wants to pay $5000 for two nights of training a month and a pretty medal at the end of the season, that isn't any of my business.

I'm still waiting for your list of clubs that have 4 nights a week of training for all of their teams.

Comment

If you were at OCYS, you would know how much they charge and you would know how often they train.

If you aren't at OCYS, why do you care? People have the right to spend their money how they want. If someone wants to pay $5000 for two nights of training a month and a pretty medal at the end of the season, that isn't any of my business.

I'm still waiting for your list of clubs that have 4 nights a week of training for all of their teams.
                        Didn't you see that in your posting from Rush website? Are you that dumb?

Comment

Post makes no sense, please rewrite. Put down the bong and take a deep breath this time. Try to focus.

Comment

This weekend was very bad. Anyone with since would have postponed this weekend. Fields were awful standing water everywhere balls rolling toward the goal stopped on the line in many games impacting the outcome. Sad the the teams and shame on FYSA.....had someone gone to check the conditions Friday am they would have postponed. Somebody should get fired.

Are you a novice or what? Welcome to the world of soccer, for which is played in much worse conditions than this (recall the worst in Sarasota with rain/sleet 34 degrees, and water a good 4"). Unless there is lightning, or county calls off local games to preserve park, its a go! You want all the people that are driving 3+ hours to cancel and reschedule? Lose their deposits at the hotel?

……get used to this, and be prepared, and teach your team how to adjust to bad conditions!!

Comment

No, I didn't, because my post from the Rush website doesn't say that. Here is the quote: "Annual Membership fees include: Player registration, (2) Training tops, Team training (2-3x weekly), GK training (1x weekly), Friday night finishing (2x monthly)."

2-3x plus 2x a month finishing isn't 4 times a week for all of the teams. That is similar to what OCYS offers. And at the age group that my son is at, I paid a less than the Rush fees.

Comment

No, I didn't, because my post from the Rush website doesn't say that. Here is the quote: "Annual Membership fees include: Player registration, (2) Training tops, Team training (2-3x weekly), GK training (1x weekly), Friday night finishing (2x monthly)."

2-3x plus 2x a month finishing isn't 4 times a week for all of the teams. That is similar to what OCYS offers. And at the age group that my son is at, I paid a less than the Rush fees.
                                We do agree more training is required for all. We believe those GB /CM teams should get 4 days. All other teams should also get minimum 3 days and 4th optional for either skills or SAQ (based on team level evaluation)
                                We also believe Boys and Girls should be treated equally for training opportunities.

What OCYS has done:
                                1. cut training to each and everyone in the club- compared to what we used to get at EOS, CFU, Kraze/Krush, FCA....probably every club.
                                2. FEEs have been increased
                                3. League costs and coaches league game costs are transferred to team accounts
                                4. Records show they WILL NOT pick from PERPLE OR any lower teams for ECNL or DA
                                - that is because they effectively destroyed those kids growth potential by denying training opportunities

Then few teams under SELECT Highly PAID Coaches are looking good by showing 3 days training compared to other teams 2 days. Reality is they have reduced from 4 days to 3 for few and
                                reduced 4 days to 2 for every other team at same level!

Quote:
                                Here is a list of the teams and their practice schedule. http://www.orlandocityyouth.org/Acad...s/index_E.html
                                There may be a couple of teams whose coach has scheduled a 3rd practice but those are few and far between. Older teams will be on break starting sometime in October till January or February when High School is over. During that time they are still expected to compete in Showcase and other tournaments. And please no one come on here and tell us how great high school soccer season and training is.

I filtered and sorted that list. It shows U-9 thru U-12 Boys purple teams (GB and CM) having 3 times per week practices.
                                All other teams have 2 practices, including Purple Girls teams at same age level.
                                Flavio wants to know if this above statement is true?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X