Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will Hillsborough County do something to Impove Ed Radice (TBU) Soccer fields?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There is nothing free or almost free about the use of fields by soccer clubs. Under current contracts in Hillsborough County non-profit youth sports organizations are required to hire the contractors and pay for the maintenance of the fields they use for training and games.
    That just makes it worse - so TBU schedules a tourney at a complex known to be in bad shape and they are responsible? I thought they had multiple complexes, some of which that may have grass.

Comment

We had the privilege of playing at Ed Radice on Sunday. Definitely the worst fields we've ever played on in Florida. Mostly dirt and large holes all over our field.
      First of all, if those are the worst fields then your team doesn't get around much.

Secondly, you really need to get over your little first world problem. Lol

It's people like you that has made this country so soft and weak. First you exaggerate the most minor problems, cry like little girls about even the slightest problem and then take your whiny, insignificant, pathetic little issues public as if you (I mean your little kid) just can't possibly deal with anything less than perfection. "Mostly dirt" is such an over exaggeration that it destroys any credibility you think you have. "Large holes all over" is equally as stupid.

Are they great fields? No. Are there bad spots. Sure, on some.
      But you act like the kids were playing on a instruction site in Mexico. Man up just a little bit chief. My kid played on those fields and said nothing. Didn't even blame a bad bounce from the field on a missed goal opportunity. He complained that he missed the one touch shot opportunity and I said it took a bad bounce. His response was, "So?"

You are a first world pansy who expects perfection. There are kids in Brazil that play on gravel filled lots with more balls than you.
      Think about that.

Both teams play on the same exact field. If we as parents want to pay double for proffessional fields at every game then we can shed little tears for any imperfections. OR, you could just take a step back and realize that life isn't perfect, teach your kids that whining like you are gets you nothing in life and that dealing with life's little tiny problems as they come is key.

I will admit that I am really jealous of you. If that bump on the field that added a challenge to my son during his game last Sunday was a problem worth shedding tears over in my life like it was for you, then I would consider myself lucky.

As a kid, I played on dirt fields. Fields covered in snow and rock hard. Fields with uneven slopes, holes, crooked lines, thick crab grass, mud, standing water, etc. We considered such things challenges, hinderences and even fun. YOU, on the other hand evidently see them as crimes against humanity.

Please don't pass along your privileged, prissy attitude onto your kids and make another generation weaker than yours.

Comment

That just makes it worse - so TBU schedules a tourney at a complex known to be in bad shape and they are responsible? I thought they had multiple complexes, some of which that may have grass.
        Plenty of grass on all fields there. But nice try crybaby. I bet you also cried when they postponed the tournament because of horrible field conditions after a record month of rain back in September, didn't you?

Dry your crocodile tears. Life will go on missy.

Comment

First of all, if those are the worst fields then your team doesn't get around much.

It's people like you that has made this country so soft and weak. First you exaggerate the most minor problems, cry like little girls about even the slightest problem and then take your whiny, insignificant, pathetic little issues public as if you (I mean your little kid) just can't possibly deal with anything less than perfection. "Mostly dirt" is such an over exaggeration that it destroys any credibility you think you have. "Large holes all over" is equally as stupid.

But you act like the kids were playing on a instruction site in Mexico. Man up just a little bit chief. My kid played on those fields and said nothing. Didn't even blame a bad bounce from the field on a missed goal opportunity. He complained that he missed the one touch shot opportunity and I said it took a bad bounce. His response was, "So?"

You are a first world pansy who expects perfection. There are kids in Brazil that play on gravel filled lots with more balls than you.
          Think about that.

Both teams play on the same exact field. If we as parents want to pay double for proffessional fields at every game then we can shed little tears for any imperfections. OR, you could just take a step back and realize that life isn't perfect, teach your kids that whining like you are gets you nothing in life and that dealing with life's little tiny problems as they come is key.

I will admit that I am really jealous of you. If that bump on the field that added a challenge to my son during his game last Sunday was a problem worth shedding tears over in my life like it was for you, then I would consider myself lucky.

As a kid, I played on dirt fields. Fields covered in snow and rock hard. Fields with uneven slopes, holes, crooked lines, thick crab grass, mud, standing water, etc. We considered such things challenges, hinderences and even fun. YOU, on the other hand evidently see them as crimes against humanity.

Please don't pass along your privileged, prissy attitude onto your kids and make another generation weaker than yours.
          I'll bet you walked to school uphill in the snow also. There was nothing minor or exaggerated about those fields. The fields were mostly dirt and holes and I do not remember seeing any worse. I guess I'd defend them also if I were with TBU.

Comment

What kind of parent are you?

Yeah, my kid broke their ankle while playing on the TBU fields, but that could have happened anywhere.

The argument is if you have the resources to have nice fields, why do you not have nice fields?

Comment

Yeah, my kid broke their ankle while playing on the TBU fields, but that could have happened anywhere.

The argument is if you have the resources to have nice fields, why do you not have nice fields?
              Sure is easy to spend other people's money. Here's an idea: you whiners start a kickstarter and say the money has to go to Ed Radice soccer field improvements.

Comment

Think about that.

Semper fi .......douche

Comment

Ed Radice will have the drainage issues fixed this year and 6 of the 9 fields resodded (1 was resodded last year). 2 artificial turf fields this year and 2 next year.

Bash away!

Comment

Ed Radice will have the drainage issues fixed this year and 6 of the 9 fields resodded (1 was resodded last year). 2 artificial turf fields this year and 2 next year.

Bash away!
                    Great, now all they have to do is get rid of those cowboys running the club and they may have something over there. No leadership at all.

Comment

Bash away!
                      No such pans at all. too much cost for artificial turf

Comment

You're right. I made it up after a few beers.

Comment

It's probably true. Lots of people think turf is cheap because it won't cost anything to maintain. But really it's about equally as expensive as grass to maintain properly. But the money won't be spent and in 3-4 years, there will be tears and holes that are more dangerous than bad grass.

Comment

Maintain the grass with a plan. Stick to the plan. Invest in proper signage to keep people off closed field. Not two signs. Then fix one field at a time rotating keeping one closed for 8 weeks at a time. Always accept on big tournament events. This way every 15 months a field gets 8 weeks off. Additionally close all fields for 8 weeks in the summer and two weeks at Christmas. You must let them recover.

Next you must fix the fence. Needs to be extended into the ground all along the perimeter to keep armadillo out.

Lastly I love the idea of having the families have a trash/weed pick day. Good luck

Comment

Bash away!
                              Where did you see this new? Post link.

Comment

It's all about the Grass, Man!

Everyone is missing the tried and true solution to the problem. The real key is the type of grass being used on the pitch. As the great Carl Spackler would say: go with a hybrid of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensemilia-you can play on it all day and take it home at night. You will surely have the happiest, most mellow soccer club in town. I'm alright and nobody worry 'bout me......

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X