Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Most of the time they are terrified of dribbling because the other little greedy bastards on the team are yelling me, me, me, me, since they are so programmed by their parents to be so selfish and not natural team players, that I believe it stunts their growth as soccer players and as people. See, I believe it is much easier to teach a kid to be Selfish as they get older than to teach them to be unselfish. Also passing the correct way at the correct time is just as much of a skill as to dribble past someone. Look at pirlo. He will dissect your team just with his passing skills. Guarantee he was an unselfish player as a kid, he had to be, never had the speed not to be. But you go on thinking that dribble past 3, 4 players to then lose the ball and then not be able to pass is the right way.

100% wrong about Pirlo! Just finished reading his book. His team hated him because he would take 3, 4 ,5 players on. In fact, his teammates would not pass the ball to him because he would try to win games alone. Your perspective on pass/dribble is the reason this country struggles to develop world class players.
    So funny you mentioned Pirlo because he's known for his passing. Like others on this blog, talk about things they know nothing about. Read his book and get back to us.

Comment

100% wrong about Pirlo! Just finished reading his book. His team hated him because he would take 3, 4 ,5 players on. In fact, his teammates would not pass the ball to him because he would try to win games alone. Your perspective on pass/dribble is the reason this country struggles to develop world class players.
      So funny you mentioned Pirlo because he's known for his passing. Like others on this blog, talk about things they know nothing about. Read his book and get back to us.
      Nice! Great point about the majority of "soccer experts" in this country about view on dribbling / passing (why is dribbling a four letter word here in the U.S.?! There are good decisions to dribble and bad decisions, just like passing). From my experience those who constantly blast "ball hogs" while extolling the virtues of passing and being "unselfish" in all situations are parents of kids who couldn't win a 1v1 against a training cone. Makes them feel better that their kid "plays the right way" forget the fact they couldn't dribble past a defender 1v1 if their life depended on it.

Comment

And for those kids with younger players their is another nuance that separates the dribblers even further. The ability to dribble with their head up and see the field and make passes on the dribble. You see a lot of players who can pass from a stand still but once the head goes down and they start dribbling, they can't get their head up and see the pass until they have been stopped by a defender, then the head comes up and they pass. These parents think they have an elite player because they do pass and they do dribble. But can they see the pass in the middle of a dribbling run when the lane opens up?

Comment

And for those kids with younger players their is another nuance that separates the dribblers even further. The ability to dribble with their head up and see the field and make passes on the dribble. You see a lot of players who can pass from a stand still but once the head goes down and they start dribbling, they can't get their head up and see the pass until they have been stopped by a defender, then the head comes up and they pass. These parents think they have an elite player because they do pass and they do dribble. But can they see the pass in the middle of a dribbling run when the lane opens up?
          And let me guess your son can? Retard...

Comment

And let me guess your son can? Retard...
            yes you hater he can. So f--k you & and ur punk-@$$ kid!

Comment

This is a good point. Watch the fields and see how many players can do this. Not many. Many dribble until the run out of room then the head comes up. Or they pass right when they get the ball before dribbling. Not many pass in the middle of a dribble run, like a great point guard dishing it off during penetration.

Comment

yes you hater he can. So f--k you & and ur punk-@$$ kid!
                Hey how about I beat YOUR punk ass you f*ckin fag?? Your whore wife can lick these nuts (again) bitch.

Now what??!!

Comment

Hey how about I beat YOUR punk ass you f*ckin fag?? Your whore wife can lick these nuts (again) bitch.

Now what??!!
                  ^^^ America at its best right there.
                  You are both pathetic.

Comment

Now what??!!
                    Wow, such classy and intelligent conversation. So ghetto. SMH

Comment

Many top players stay away from ODP. If your kid is having a great time with it then it is worth it but it is not a measuring stick of excellence. Just another way to play with and against good competition.

Comment

Wow, such classy and intelligent conversation. So ghetto. SMH
                        So now your being racist on top of it bitch. Stfu white trash

Comment

Opportunity

Many top players stay away from ODP. If your kid is having a great time with it then it is worth it but it is not a measuring stick of excellence. Just another way to play with and against good competition.
                          ODP is just another opportunity to get touches on ball. The bottom line is a player needs good technical, good tactical, and good physical to be a truly exceptional player. If your kid is that player, ODP will come to you. No duhhh, right? Otherwise, use it as a training opportunity.

Comment

ODP is just another opportunity to get touches on ball. The bottom line is a player needs good technical, good tactical, and good physical to be a truly exceptional player. If your kid is that player, ODP will come to you. No duhhh, right? Otherwise, use it as a training opportunity.
                            Agreed, at the state level, but once they advance to the region camp the ball game changes. Then if your player is able to get through camp and make a region team your in a completely different game all together, The next events are very important, with the opportunity to play in front of national team coaches is an experience that 10's of thousands of players in the same age group will never get. Say what you want, bash as you will how "the really good players are not doing ODP", but at the end of the day there are roughly 80 player in the country born on your player birth year competing in Arizona or Fl. in the Inter Regional events. I can assure you there are some great players at these events.

Comment

Agreed, at the state level, but once they advance to the region camp the ball game changes. Then if your player is able to get through camp and make a region team your in a completely different game all together, The next events are very important, with the opportunity to play in front of national team coaches is an experience that 10's of thousands of players in the same age group will never get. Say what you want, bash as you will how "the really good players are not doing ODP", but at the end of the day there are roughly 80 player in the country born on your player birth year competing in Arizona or Fl. in the Inter Regional events. I can assure you there are some great players at these events.
                              80 plus acadmey age players. At least 10 on each team for each agre group conservatively. Non of those players do ODP. So the 80 in Alabama statically around number 800-880. That is conservative. Probably lower than that. A few maybe in the mix of the 800 academy players but not many. Those are real numbers. And ODP has produced zero YNT players the last few year. They are all residency or Academy. Non came through ODP. Some came through National training centers.

Comment

Do the interegional team players also go to the Arizona camp or do they send different pool players?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X