Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odp

worth the time to try out or just go for the tshirt?

Why don't you go back to prior threads and decide for yourself. Or are you so bored that you wanted to stir the pot?

Comment

Just asked a question was not expecting a attacking response. Did read some of the older posts… This is a very hateful group on here. Think I will bow out as this is not what I was looking for. Good luck to all

Comment

ODP email

Was the email sent out by the ODP staff inviting my son to try out just an email blast to all players??????

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Was the email sent out by the ODP staff inviting my son to try out just an email blast to all players??????
          call and find out. you get more information if you ask directly, instead of asking for stupid responses on TS. people really are bored. the other posts on this thread are bogus too.

Comment

Just asked a question was not expecting a attacking response. Did read some of the older posts… This is a very hateful group on here. Think I will bow out as this is not what I was looking for. Good luck to all
            you got exactly what you were wanting. doing research on how irate people can get when a question is asked and answered 100 times?

Comment

you got exactly what you were wanting. doing research on how irate people can get when a question is asked and answered 100 times?
              Did it ever occur to all of you TS fanatics that there are people asking valid questions who haven't lived this site 24/7 since their 1st born kids turned U5?

To the OP, yes ODP is a great experience. Maybe not always the greatest experience in terms of soccer, but a great experience none the less. Lots of life lessons to be learned there.

Comment

My son did not receive an invite to the odp camp but that's ok
                we did not want your stupid invite anyways.

Comment

worth the time to try out or just go for the tshirt?
                  Any soccer is good soccer. Players are good at the tryouts, just don't expect the deciders of who goes forward and who doesn't to be impartial. They tend to favor kids from bigger clubs and they are not good judges of what a good soccer players are. The problem with ODP is they only see the me player and not the team soccer player. Then when they select all the me players, they don't understand why they can't make them into team players and then they end up getting beat later on.

Comment

Any soccer is good soccer. Players are good at the tryouts, just don't expect the deciders of who goes forward and who doesn't to be impartial. They tend to favor kids from bigger clubs and they are not good judges of what a good soccer players are. The problem with ODP is they only see the me player and not the team soccer player. Then when they select all the me players, they don't understand why they can't make them into team players and then they end up getting beat later on.
                    ...and then there are the parents who can't understand how any impartial evaluator could ever conceivably pass over their kid's obviously superior soccer skills.

Comment

LOL! There ARE NO impartial evaluators at ODP.

Comment

It was an email blast. Unless the ODP staff knows you or your son personally they would not know to email you separately. The ODP coaches don't look at players outside of the ODP trial so if you don't pay to tryout you can't make the team. Very flawed system and that's why so many kids fall through the cracks. If you do go to tryout have your son be very selfish with the ball and never pass. They are looking for people that never share the ball and run people over.

Comment

It was an email blast. Unless the ODP staff knows you or your son personally they would not know to email you separately. The ODP coaches don't look at players outside of the ODP trial so if you don't pay to tryout you can't make the team. Very flawed system and that's why so many kids fall through the cracks. If you do go to tryout have your son be very selfish with the ball and never pass. They are looking for people that never share the ball and run people over.
                          That is what I am talking about, the me soccer. Soccer is a passing game, not a one on one sport. The ODP people value a ball hog, shoot and dribble even if there are 4 guys on you, than a perfectly weighted through ball.

Comment

I really agree with this me versus we/team. those "me" players wreck games and cause loses. teams must play together. ever notice how much more fluid a game is once the "me" player is sidelined. it is because the rest of the team can then focus on playing actual soccer. those "me" players also have the hardest time in college soccer, from my experience. being a team is what it is about.

Comment

That is what I am talking about, the me soccer. Soccer is a passing game, not a one on one sport. The ODP people value a ball hog, shoot and dribble even if there are 4 guys on you, than a perfectly weighted through ball.
                              Very true my son got knocked off the ball by a player on his own team!! LOL BTW my son has D1 coaches calling him but he couldn't make ODP.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X