Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just waiting for this part of the mission to take place

The Development Academy is also focused on identifying and developing the next generation of elite referees. U.S. Soccer assigns up-and-coming officials to participate in Academy games at the local level and at national events.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Just waiting for this part of the mission to take place

The Development Academy is also focused on identifying and developing the next generation of elite referees. U.S. Soccer assigns up-and-coming officials to participate in Academy games at the local level and at national events.
      There are some good young referees coming up, but some bad ones too. We've had games done by the academy refs at Disney before. Just as much hit-or-miss as the regular pool of refs. Some of the academy refs are on power trips, screaming at kids over trivial stuff early in games, just to 'show them whose boss'. One of our boys got yelled at for questioning why he got called for what looked like innocuous shoulder-to-shoulder contact where neither kid fell and the other kid kept control of the ball (the other team's coach was not happy that it was called either as the kid slid a nice through ball to his striker as the whistle blew). This was 10 yards from the sidelines, and the ref is screaming 'if you don't like it you can talk to the red card in my back pocket' while reaching to his back pocket then pointing at the bench. All our kid said was 'but sir, it was shoulder to shoulder'. Needless to say, it became a tense game, due to the referee's actions. Wish I knew if he was being graded, and what the assessor had to say about him!

Comment

There are some good young referees coming up, but some bad ones too. We've had games done by the academy refs at Disney before. Just as much hit-or-miss as the regular pool of refs. Some of the academy refs are on power trips, screaming at kids over trivial stuff early in games, just to 'show them whose boss'. One of our boys got yelled at for questioning why he got called for what looked like innocuous shoulder-to-shoulder contact where neither kid fell and the other kid kept control of the ball (the other team's coach was not happy that it was called either as the kid slid a nice through ball to his striker as the whistle blew). This was 10 yards from the sidelines, and the ref is screaming 'if you don't like it you can talk to the red card in my back pocket' while reaching to his back pocket then pointing at the bench. All our kid said was 'but sir, it was shoulder to shoulder'. Needless to say, it became a tense game, due to the referee's actions. Wish I knew if he was being graded, and what the assessor had to say about him!
        you hit a big issue about respect. Respect is not being given by all parties coachs, Players,Fans and refs. Respect is earned and needs to come from each party.

Comment

Despite Madrid losing to IRSA (fluke loss - Madrid would win 99
          Times if they played 100 games), they are still team to beat. Rush is other top team. Other teams are step below.

Comment

Despite Madrid losing to IRSA (fluke loss - Madrid would win 99
            Times if they played 100 games), they are still team to beat. Rush is other top team. Other teams are step below.
            Would those 99 times being on a dry field?

Comment

Got to watch some of the Team Boca game, surprised on how easily they we're handled by Rush. Was not really even close in the first half.

Comment

DA vs club. Because you are in DA does not mean that you are better than a club player. There are a lot of quality club players. The DA is not geared towards getting players in college either. But that does not stop college students from using the DA as a college soccer "entrance exam". You see colleges know DA players can do the grind of a college soccer program virtually all the DA programs have at least the same rigor and routine as a college program. It might even be tougher with the distance players have to travel to practice. If players can do that grind and keep up with studies and get good grades, college coaches k ow they have an increased chance of dealing with the grind of college soccer and less likely to drop out and cause the coach to lose out on scholarship money and roster spots. It is about ROI and DA players are low risk and good ROI. Club players may be just as good but may not have proven the ability to deal with the practice schedule and game travel unless on a region premiere league. For College coaches the DA provides a layer of scouting and a basic test of ability the deal with soccer at the college level. The delta on all the players in the DA is not huge so then it becomes a matter of finding the right scholastic fits and desires to play at the school.

Comment

Margate will rise again, under the guise of FC Florida. Hail Cesar!!!

Comment

still early in the season and the only team that's been consistent and has grown is RM.. I'm not a RM parent, but can say they are the team to beat this year.. Many great teams have taken a step back, but be confident these are warm ups.. When state cup comes around, things will CHANGE...

Comment

still early in the season and the only team that's been consistent and has grown is RM.. I'm not a RM parent, but can say they are the team to beat this year.. Many great teams have taken a step back, but be confident these are warm ups.. When state cup comes around, things will CHANGE...
                      Step back happen when a coach would rather recruit then train what he has.

Comment

DA vs club. Because you are in DA does not mean that you are better than a club player. There are a lot of quality club players. The DA is not geared towards getting players in college either. But that does not stop college students from using the DA as a college soccer "entrance exam". You see colleges know DA players can do the grind of a college soccer program virtually all the DA programs have at least the same rigor and routine as a college program. It might even be tougher with the distance players have to travel to practice. If players can do that grind and keep up with studies and get good grades, college coaches k ow they have an increased chance of dealing with the grind of college soccer and less likely to drop out and cause the coach to lose out on scholarship money and roster spots. It is about ROI and DA players are low risk and good ROI. Club players may be just as good but may not have proven the ability to deal with the practice schedule and game travel unless on a region premiere league. For College coaches the DA provides a layer of scouting and a basic test of ability the deal with soccer at the college level. The delta on all the players in the DA is not huge so then it becomes a matter of finding the right scholastic fits and desires to play at the school.
                        You have an inferiority complex, for good reason. Only a blind fool would compare these two programs. If you're DA level playing club you're an outlier. I'm sure these kids exist.....somewhere.

Comment

You have an inferiority complex, for good reason. Only a blind fool would compare these two programs. If you're DA level playing club you're an outlier. I'm sure these kids exist.....somewhere.
                          There is a separate thread for DA talk. Please bring it there. DA is going on its 8th year. Do not forget that it is a new program designed with a good marketing program

Comment

There is a separate thread for DA talk. Please bring it there. DA is going on its 8th year. Do not forget that it is a new program designed with a good marketing program
                            Latest update: Kendall Academy DA 0-4 Weston Academy DA 1-4 great start to the new season. I will stop playing club and rush to a DA team. Spend thousands and get my ass kick! DA parents keep running to the bank to play a league that has not been proven yet. All the BS promises about college and European tryouts, MLS. Its all part of a billion dollar business that your are supporting. How many players from the US National Team in 2014s world cup came from a DA program? 8th year going

Comment

Latest update: Kendall Academy DA 0-4 Weston Academy DA 1-4 great start to the new season. I will stop playing club and rush to a DA team. Spend thousands and get my ass kick! DA parents keep running to the bank to play a league that has not been proven yet. All the BS promises about college and European tryouts, MLS. Its all part of a billion dollar business that your are supporting. How many players from the US National Team in 2014s world cup came from a DA program? 8th year going
                              DA does not cost anymore than a showcase level team. Usually less. Their record is not the stat you should focus on. Focus on amount of players playing college soccer. I guarantee ANY DA program has 3 times the players playing college soccer than ANY club team. Look up those stats. Start with your club. How many are playing college soccer from last years teams vs the Kendell DA?

Comment

DA does not cost anymore than a showcase level team. Usually less. Their record is not the stat you should focus on. Focus on amount of players playing college soccer. I guarantee ANY DA program has 3 times the players playing college soccer than ANY club team. Look up those stats. Start with your club. How many are playing college soccer from last years teams vs the Kendell DA?
                                I know plenty of kids playing D1 college ball including my own. Plenty that got soccer scholarship money to enjoy there college life. DA is proving to be a strong source/partnership with college coaches, but NOT the only source. Additional source like Region league and National league are also big partnership for college coaches. DA nor Club should be the way to get our kids into college. We as parents should to there guidance to lead them the direction needed for there future. We as parents should trust no DA nor Club to do our jobs as parents. Bottom line is its a doggie dog world and if smart look out for your own.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X