Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't think your talking about FLUGSA. FLUGSA was well run and organized. It was the first league to use the GOTSOCCER system. Streamlined everything. I cannot imagine what you would need to speak to anyone about, everything is straight forward. We also played in SFUSYA, after the initial meeting it was also an easy league but antiquated. They may of have changed but when we were involved about 3 years ago they made us use a 3 part form for game cards. FLUGSA you simply printed them from GOTSOCCER. I would always support FLUGSA and would recommend anyone to use them. The funniest thing about SFUSYA was the initial meeting where they spoke about red cards for about an hour. Our girls team never received a red card but in attending this meeting I thought we had to be crazy to join this league. We played our games and still never received a red card but WOW they have an obsession with red cards.
    I will say that FLUGSA had issues, but so did SFUSYA. The biggest one is that SFUSYA does not report their scores to Gotsoccer. If they continue like this, some of the bigger clubs should just form their own league to report the scores properly. That excuse of "our system is too advanced for Gotsoccer" is a load of crock. They need to man up and add Gotsoccer as part of the benefit of being part of the league.

Comment

FLUGSA is outdated and not in touch with reality, especially CP there. She is terrible and has zero people skills.
      She is still there? My experience with them was 6-8 years ago. At the time they were very organized.

Comment

I will say that FLUGSA had issues, but so did SFUSYA. The biggest one is that SFUSYA does not report their scores to Gotsoccer. If they continue like this, some of the bigger clubs should just form their own league to report the scores properly. That excuse of "our system is too advanced for Gotsoccer" is a load of crock. They need to man up and add Gotsoccer as part of the benefit of being part of the league.
        Got Soccer is one of the worst things to ever impact youth soccer. The stupidity of playing for points for some magical ranking that the parents can use at a dinner party lend NOTHING to the sport. Coaches worried about their jobs must now worry about winning instead of development? Talk to most of the Coaches that really know the sport and see what they think about rankings and GotSoccer points. You may be surprised.

Comment

Got Soccer is one of the worst things to ever impact youth soccer. The stupidity of playing for points for some magical ranking that the parents can use at a dinner party lend NOTHING to the sport. Coaches worried about their jobs must now worry about winning instead of development? Talk to most of the Coaches that really know the sport and see what they think about rankings and GotSoccer points. You may be surprised.
          Really? Just report the scores. I'll counter with what's wrong with reporting scores. Using your logic, why keep those standings in SFUSYA? No one loses, and no one wins... great! My guess is that they're just lazy and it's more work for them. That's it, pure and simple.

Here's the logic on why you report the scores to Gotsoccer. You need the points to qualify for Disney, WAGS, CASL, etc... They base their acceptances off of Gotsoccer to enter these regional/national level tournaments. That's why SFUSYA needs to get off their duff and start reporting the scores, because it ultimately hurts the South Florida teams by not reporting those scores. And those tournaments have most of the college recuiters attending. Not at some Mega Cup, WP Kickoff, Gator Bazooka, Sarasota Labor Day, etc... It's always excuses with SFUSYA. Just man up.

Comment

All these leagues are run by people who do not have challenging day jobs. They then impose unbending rules to make themselves feel important. When the people who pay the bills complain about a lack of service, they resort to the skills they learned while working for the county -- sorry, I am on a break right now and cannot be bothered with your issue.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X