Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You Thank that USSF cares about any DA or other club in New England?
    Have they produced anything ?
    Of course USSF doesn't care. They only care about maybe 75 kids per age group across the entire US, if that many. If letting studs play HS helps keep them in the system that's fine for USSF. That's why they have waivers for private schools, as well as an add on period that practically runs the whole year.

Comment

You're on a DA thread but don't know the very basic rules?
      - No HS soccer without without a private school waiver (one kid is public)
      - If you get a waiver, you can't play DA at any time while the HS season is on
      - If you don't get a waiver, you also don't play HS
      I know what the rules are. But my question is who are you saying is benefiting by this 'cheating' (and the cheating as I see it is the kid illegally playing for his high school, unbeknownst to their DA team)? The high school gets a good kid to play for them that they shouldn't really be getting and they could do better than they otherwise would But its high school soccer so who cares. Anyone else being helped or hurt by this cheating that I'm missing?

Comment

I know what the rules are. But my question is who are you saying is benefiting by this 'cheating' (and the cheating as I see it is the kid illegally playing for his high school, unbeknownst to their DA team)? The high school gets a good kid to play for them that they shouldn't really be getting and they could do better than they otherwise would But its high school soccer so who cares. Anyone else being helped or hurt by this cheating that I'm missing?
        Well I’m case of the MA player, it’s a waivered prep school player, so the kid is illegally playing for the DA team not the HS team, so DA team is benefiting.

And it doesn’t matter, cheating is cheating, and there is always someone getting the payoff (in these instances, the player, and one or both of the schools). Likewise, there is always someone paying the price. In this case it would be the players who are playing by the rules, and making sacrifices where offending player is violating rules to get out the sacrifice. And then there are the kids losing playing time to the illegally playing player.

Comment

Well I’m case of the MA player, it’s a waivered prep school player, so the kid is illegally playing for the DA team not the HS team, so DA team is benefiting.

And it doesn’t matter, cheating is cheating, and there is always someone getting the payoff (in these instances, the player, and one or both of the schools). Likewise, there is always someone paying the price. In this case it would be the players who are playing by the rules, and making sacrifices where offending player is violating rules to get out the sacrifice. And then there are the kids losing playing time to the illegally playing player.
          And don’t forget the teams potentially losing to a team who is violating rules.

Comment

And don’t forget the teams potentially losing to a team who is violating rules.
            It's well known who is cheating. I've posted to both USS about known cheaters and would encourage others to do so also. Everyone knows the rules, break them at your own risk.

Comment

It's well known who is cheating. I've posted to both USS about known cheaters and would encourage others to do so also. Everyone knows the rules, break them at your own risk.
              Why am I picturing you peering from your kitchen window at the neighbors’ firepit and questioning if they have a permit?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                It is very unusual that people who break the rules don’t suffer as a result. If her conduct results in the forfeiture of games or suspensions, then it is hard to see how she benefited although she may have screwed her teammates. I don’t even know the kid. Is she a wunderkind committed in 8th grade or just someone trying to have it all?

Comment

Yeah, cheating is cheating but do you go over 65 when the speed limit says 65? Have you took liberties in filing your tax return? In either case, you're a cheater too. If the kid had his druthers, they'd be playing DA over school ball if they were good enough to make the DA team. But they are playing school ball as well to play with the buddies they grew up with. Silly to take the chance that you're going to get caught but its the high school team that has an advantage by this 'cheating', not the DA team. And who takes high school soccer seriously.

Comment

Yeah, cheating is cheating but do you go over 65 when the speed limit says 65? Have you took liberties in filing your tax return? In either case, you're a cheater too. If the kid had his druthers, they'd be playing DA over school ball if they were good enough to make the DA team. But they are playing school ball as well to play with the buddies they grew up with. Silly to take the chance that you're going to get caught but its the high school team that has an advantage by this 'cheating', not the DA team. And who takes high school soccer seriously.
                    Most people would view speeding differently from tax fraud. This kid has to play high school because prep schools require it. There are plenty of prep school kids at NEFC, frankly their better players, who follow the rules. I’m not sure why you are assuming it’s such a great advantage for the school.

Comment

Hey buddy, somewhere someone already brought the stupid comparison up and I’ll tell you what I told them. Have you not ever heard of the word “Variables”... because you clearly have are not using them in your argument. Speeding Is not the same thing as breaking a contract and breaking a contract is not the same as cheating on your spouse... but you clearly think it is all the same. I feel sorry for your spouse.

And someone already pointed out to you before, it is the DA team they should not be playing for this Fall. They are wavered and should ONLY be playing for their prep school. So stop trying to keep putting this on the high school benefiting, it is playing do the DA team where the violation is being made.

Comment

Hey buddy, somewhere someone already brought the stupid comparison up and I’ll tell you what I told them. Have you not ever heard of the word “Variables”... because you clearly have are not using them in your argument. Speeding Is not the same thing as breaking a contract and breaking a contract is not the same as cheating on your spouse... but you clearly think it is all the same. I feel sorry for your spouse.

And someone already pointed out to you before, it is the DA team they should not be playing for this Fall. They are wavered and should ONLY be playing for their prep school. So stop trying to keep putting this on the high school benefiting, it is playing do the DA team where the violation is being made.
                        Sorry for all the typos. My phone texting is wreaking havoc.

Comment

Can a person under 18 sign a contract?

Comment

Most people would view speeding differently from tax fraud. This kid has to play high school because prep schools require it. There are plenty of prep school kids at NEFC, frankly their better players, who follow the rules. I’m not sure why you are assuming it’s such a great advantage for the school.
                            There’s another public player on NEFC who has played DA and HS. What is going on with the club? The public school kid is a good player. I don’t know about the prep school kid, but her mom is a college coach so who knows what’s going on there. But for those who left DA to play high school, it really stinks.

Comment

Can a person under 18 sign a contract?
                              They can sign but it’s not worth anything without your signature. That’s why you signed.

Comment

There’s another public player on NEFC who has played DA and HS. What is going on with the club? The public school kid is a good player. I don’t know about the prep school kid, but her mom is a college coach so who knows what’s going on there. But for those who left DA to play high school, it really stinks.
                                Same age group as prep player or different age?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X