Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DA Cheating Scandals

Threads on NH board and now on MA board outlining examples of multiple players playing both HS soccer and for their DA teams at the SAME TIME this fall. Waivers or no waivers, public or private schools ...this is a big no no according to the USSF Rules for all DA players. Do the clubs even care that they are breaking rules, and have appeared to have ticked off a lot of fellow teammates/families/paying customers as well, along the way? What might be done about it, if anything? And what, if any, impact will it have on the DA program moving forward in this area???

Cheating? It's just soccer. Lighten up or nut up and let your kid play high school.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Cheating? It's just soccer. Lighten up or nut up and let your kid play high school.
      My kid plays HS already, but not DA? Yours?

Comment

Threads on NH board and now on MA board outlining examples of multiple players playing both HS soccer and for their DA teams at the SAME TIME this fall. Waivers or no waivers, public or private schools ...this is a big no no according to the USSF Rules for all DA players. Do the clubs even care that they are breaking rules, and have appeared to have ticked off a lot of fellow teammates/families/paying customers as well, along the way? What might be done about it, if anything? And what, if any, impact will it have on the DA program moving forward in this area???
        Don't you just love this coach.. talk about protecting one's turf... wonder how many threads created and posts made by this guy.. a real hatchet man this one...

Comment

Don't you just love this coach.. talk about protecting one's turf... wonder how many threads created and posts made by this guy.. a real hatchet man this one...
          I’m the OP and fr from a coach. Just a parent who finds all this DA cheating an interesting and somewhat frustrating development. Brings up lots of questions don’t you think? This was my first post about it today (although I did post yesterday in the NH discussion about it).

Comment

I’m the OP and fr from a coach. Just a parent who finds all this DA cheating an interesting and somewhat frustrating development. Brings up lots of questions don’t you think? This was my first post about it today (although I did post yesterday in the NH discussion about it).
            How about clubs like the Revs that don't practice the standard 4 days/week? They're not the only ones to do that. Isn't it supposed to be about the training?

Comment

Of course its' frustrating and hypocritical of clubs that allow it and USSF that does nothing. However, it really doesn't happen that often. As you've seen it doesn't take long for "cheaters" to be found out and discussed. Personally I would never let my kid do it, but in today's society nothing surprises me any longer

Comment

Why and who is it cheating? A kid is playing soccer too many days a week and the high school might be doing better than they would have without the high school player but who gets all that excited about high school results/rankings anyway? What am I missing?

Comment

Why and who is it cheating? A kid is playing soccer too many days a week and the high school might be doing better than they would have without the high school player but who gets all that excited about high school results/rankings anyway? What am I missing?
                  You're on a DA thread but don't know the very basic rules?
                  - No HS soccer without without a private school waiver (one kid is public)
                  - If you get a waiver, you can't play DA at any time while the HS season is on
                  - If you don't get a waiver, you also don't play HS

Comment

God not this again, but sticking to the topic of the original post, just like with anything in sports there are always exceptions for the exceptional athletes. Ya it's cheating...but cheating is rampant in sports and sports organizations do all kinds of illegal chit that breaks the rules. The goal is to not get caught. SUSC needs to learn to cheat better. Tell their DA players to use fake names in HS or something so they don't get their names in the newspaper. Maybe we could help them think up some names? Non DA cheaters need to suck it up and learn to cheat too, what's the worst than can happen? So they punish your kid, then you prove there is a double standard in place and then threaten to sue the chit out of them. Fun had by all!

Comment

Why would anyone let USSF dictate anything about their kid? How is playing for 2 soccer teams cheating anyway?

Comment

Why would anyone let USSF dictate anything about their kid? How is playing for 2 soccer teams cheating anyway?
                        Its a breach of their DA contract.

Comment

Rule in place to protect against player overuse

Comment

Of course its' frustrating and hypocritical of clubs that allow it and USSF that does nothing. However, it really doesn't happen that often. As you've seen it doesn't take long for "cheaters" to be found out and discussed. Personally I would never let my kid do it, but in today's society nothing surprises me any longer
                            You Thank that USSF cares about any DA or other club in New England?
                            Have they produced anything ?

Comment

Youth soccer is too watered down and levels are not truly based on objective level of ability. Even with the development academies unless they true to their intentions it shouldn't matter if the kids play high school soccer

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X