X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Fair enough.

I'm from another forum and found several interesting threads on this one. It's much more active than our state's and much more civil / educated than some others.

Good luck to you guys. I'm out of here after my second post.
    I happened upon it as well. By the title it seems to invite others to click in and read. I see others on other teams that are impressive too. If you want an exclusive thread, try email for all 4 of you. Then you need not worry about comments that seem to irk. I suspect if they were doing better, you would want the praise that would be rolling in.

Comment

I happened upon it as well. By the title it seems to invite others to click in and read. I see others on other teams that are impressive too. If you want an exclusive thread, try email for all 4 of you. Then you need not worry about comments that seem to irk. I suspect if they were doing better, you would want the praise that would be rolling in.
      I think you missed the part where he / she said this is not their State’s forum....so the email comment makes no sense.

Carry on.

Comment

I think you missed the part where he / she said this is not their State’s forum....so the email comment makes no sense.

Carry on.
        Why does that matter? Wow these girls are impressive only gives a clue that it is a girls team. Doesnt say club, rec, college, hs, or even just related to soccer. It could have been, which is what I thought, girls doung some nice charity/community work that also play soccer either for community, church, hs, etc.
        Oddly it is really to get you to see kids on a girls team not even around here.
        What part dont you get?

Comment

I bless myself everyday grateful that we have so many people on this board with insider knowledge to a women's soccer program 700 miles away that no one besides the 4 local families who have daughter's there care about.

Ya'all should just talk about it among yourselves, maybe on the sidelines or whatnot.
          This is what it is in reference to.

Comment

This thread by a jealous local parent was started to rip the freshman forward and GK. Comes with the territory when you are that good and play in nationally relevant program. You teach your kids to ignore the noise.

Erwin is a tough coach but well respected amongst the team. The program has taken a big step forward in the last couple of years, largely because of the technical Erwin has done. Robbie runs the show though and is an excellent recruiter.

For those thinking that change is immanent, if you knew the program, you would know that change actually comes very slowly in Durham. Carla has been there 25 years and Billy (Erwin's predecessor) was there like 14 years before moving on to become a head coach.

Comment

This thread by a jealous local parent was started to rip the freshman forward and GK. Comes with the territory when you are that good and play in nationally relevant program. You teach your kids to ignore the noise.

Erwin is a tough coach but well respected amongst the team. The program has taken a big step forward in the last couple of years, largely because of the technical Erwin has done. Robbie runs the show though and is an excellent recruiter.

For those thinking that change is immanent, if you knew the program, you would know that change actually comes very slowly in Durham. Carla has been there 25 years and Billy (Erwin's predecessor) was there like 14 years before moving on to become a head coach.
              Change does come slowly, but I certainly heard rumblings that Coach Church was considering retirement. No shock either way. As far as EVB, no one criticizes his credentials or ability as a tactical guy, but managing a College program from top to bottom is more than that and would take him away from his strengths. His is not rounded enough to be a HC at a school like Duke. No way, no how.

As far as big step forward, lets be clear that coincided with elite talent maturing. Its not like they are turning water into wine tactically. I have seen them play several times this year in person and on TV. They really lack attacking pace and have too many offensive players with similar skill sets.

TR and MP are similar. as are MK and KM. ES needs a pacy attacker to play off, to loosen up the space between the defensive and midfield lines. Dorsey did this for them and they have no one close to replicating that. Not even Dorsey skill. thats not the missing piece, its the threat in behind. Its not like they dont know this. Thereare players in the Class on 2000 they missed out on that they would love to have who would really help this team.

Duke are a good team, no question.

Comment

Change does come slowly, but I certainly heard rumblings that Coach Church was considering retirement. No shock either way. As far as EVB, no one criticizes his credentials or ability as a tactical guy, but managing a College program from top to bottom is more than that and would take him away from his strengths. His is not rounded enough to be a HC at a school like Duke. No way, no how.

As far as big step forward, lets be clear that coincided with elite talent maturing. Its not like they are turning water into wine tactically. I have seen them play several times this year in person and on TV. They really lack attacking pace and have too many offensive players with similar skill sets.

TR and MP are similar. as are MK and KM. ES needs a pacy attacker to play off, to loosen up the space between the defensive and midfield lines. Dorsey did this for them and they have no one close to replicating that. Not even Dorsey skill. thats not the missing piece, its the threat in behind. Its not like they dont know this. Thereare players in the Class on 2000 they missed out on that they would love to have who would really help this team.

Yes, good not great. No disrespect to current team, but not the unbeatable machine of years past. Fill in the pieces, then great again.

Comment

Are they going to make the big dance?

Comment

Yes, good not great. No disrespect to current team, but not the unbeatable machine of years past. Fill in the pieces, then great again.
                    Thats the point. Not sure they have done a good job of looking forward and filling pieces. Have done a great job in the present, but as this crop ages out, whats next? Already see impact this year. You saw the progression from payne to dorsey, but the follow on from dorsey is who ?

Comment

Are they going to make the big dance?
                      Of course. Their past gets them votes. But how far is the bigger question. What was the lowest seeding they finished after getting a bid. Does anyone know?

Comment

You underestimate the impact of Gyau's injury. She's actually the fastest on the team. Also Stevens has been dealing with a nagging injury all year that has slowed her down. Not the same player this year as the last two. The real issue with team the speed really is McDonald is much slower in the holding mid slot than Quinn was last year. I wouldn't be surprised if they moved Boade into that slot next year and with Gyau back in her outer FB position that will change things significantly. Also I would not be surprised to see Brummett moved to the back line to add some offensive fire power in the back. Next year the have 6 mids in their recruiting class all of them appear to national team experience. All they really need is for 1-2 of them to have a significant impact. Given the pedigree's they are binging in that should be expected.

Comment

You underestimate the impact of Gyau's injury. She's actually the fastest on the team. Also Stevens has been dealing with a nagging injury all year that has slowed her down. Not the same player this year as the last two. The real issue with team the speed really is McDonald is much slower in the holding mid slot than Quinn was last year. I wouldn't be surprised if they moved Boade into that slot next year and with Gyau back in her outer FB position that will change things significantly. Also I would not be surprised to see Brummett moved to the back line to add some offensive fire power in the back. Next year the have 6 mids in their recruiting class all of them appear to national team experience. All they really need is for 1-2 of them to have a significant impact. Given the pedigree's they are binging in that should be expected.
                          Agree on Gyau, but still dont see the solution to stretching teams vertically. I think Duke are ok at CM. You will lose arguably the best target 9 in college soccer, KM. I think Duke will always be good, but great next year? not so sure.

Comment

All- ACC teams released today no ?

Comment

No none of them made it. You must be smiling ear to ear. Sick fuq

Comment

No none of them made it. You must be smiling ear to ear. Sick fuq
                                ?? Kid did. What is your problem ?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X