Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s quite obvious that writers from NESJ troll this site. They have written things about this site. It’s over NESJ!!
    nope- no affiliation with NESJ whatsoever. Just a parent who's been around for years with two in college paying D3 soccer and one on his way to playing D1 soccer in a top 50 school. Love to read it. In my case the coverage on NEPSAC soccer is really good- which is what I care most about. $80 is a small amount for a year or two.

Comment

Don’t mind paying a little, but price is way too high.

Comment

Don’t mind paying a little, but price is way too high.
        $20/year max. $80 is absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
          $20/year max. $80 is absurd.
          I wouldn’t pay that much. It’s nice to see your kid’s name in “print,” but even that doesn’t make the “publication” worthwhile. The clubs feed the reporter, and the reporter prints it.

Comment

We'll see... If coaches/recruiters are willing to pay for it (and I'm sure many will), some parents will. What's $80 when Bolts and GPS cost upwards of $8K. Parents will want to read what the recruiters are reading. Again, we'll see. Good move by NESJ IMO. Ad click revenue can only pay a tiny fraction of the bills. I imagine they've been in the red for a while. It's a small market so they have to charge around $80 per year. although I think they're capturing a nice poorly filled niche in NE college recruiting and NE college soccer journalism.
            Are the recruiters reading it? (And taking it seriously)?

NESJ lost me when they put arguably the best high school player in the country (he is the national Gatorade Player of the Year and is committed to Stanford) on their All Star second team (or was it the third team) and said he could be good, but needed to use his teammates more. Sorry, if you can't recognize that kind of world class talent, you can't recognize talent.

Comment

NESJ lost me when they put arguably the best high school player in the country (he is the national Gatorade Player of the Year and is committed to Stanford) on their All Star second team (or was it the third team) and said he could be good, but needed to use his teammates more. Sorry, if you can't recognize that kind of world class talent, you can't recognize talent.
              Absolutely not. No one would rely on it.

Comment

The reality of that young man is that he does need to pass and use his teammates, a whole lot more. He is a project, albeit one with substantial talent. It will be interesting to see how he adjusts. He'll probably play, and he might well score but most assuredly not 70 goals a season.

Comment

Absolutely not. No one would rely on it.
                  It is like being written up in the local paper. Are recruiters combing all the local papers? Of course, not. It’s the same thing. Nice printouts for a scrap book. That’s its value.

Comment

Too funny. Good luck, guys, but I think you'll need to reevaluate this business strategy fairly soon. People will only pay for something if they feel it has value.
                    Hhhhaaaa. Funniest post ever.
                    How do you explain every club paying parent in the US?

Hey PT (as in Barnum), here comes another one...

Comment

Hhhhaaaa. Funniest post ever.
                      How do you explain every club paying parent in the US?

Hey PT (as in Barnum), here comes another one...
                      NEFC will fund it.

Comment

It is like being written up in the local paper. Are recruiters combing all the local papers? Of course, not. It’s the same thing. Nice printouts for a scrap book. That’s its value.
                        College coaches are not relying on NESJ for recruiting. That idea is comical.

Comment

Let's think about this.

I could pay $10 every month for NESJ, or, I could pay $10 every month for Netflix.

Which should I choose?

Comment

If paying for club you can afford both.

Comment

If paying for club you can afford both.
                              Because I'm paying for club I can't afford both.

Comment

Because I'm paying for club I can't afford both.
                                Particularly when one gives everyone in the family hours of entertainment and the other is a two-bit rag, useful for about 10 minutes

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X