• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    4 Saw the field
    2 DNP
    21 are not rostered

There are 13 kids from MA schools in the last two categories.

3 of the kids playing transferred.

Very sad. Take note.
    A warning to all parents and kids. About 10 MA soccer players per season are going to do well playing soccer at a D1 college. Not any more. If you are not at level, realize that you will likely be in this category in several years.
    If you are one of those 10, choose your level of D1 carefully. There are only a handful of kids that have played for National Powers. If you are not an All American level contender, that is probably not going to work for you. Teams like UVA, UNC, and UConn have benches filled with players who should be starting for other D1 schools.

Comment

A warning to all parents and kids. About 10 MA soccer players per season are going to do well playing soccer at a D1 college. Not any more. If you are not at level, realize that you will likely be in this category in several years.
      If you are one of those 10, choose your level of D1 carefully. There are only a handful of kids that have played for National Powers. If you are not an All American level contender, that is probably not going to work for you. Teams like UVA, UNC, and UConn have benches filled with players who should be starting for other D1 schools.
      They also have loads of international players that get most of the athletic $ and playing time.

Comment

They also have loads of international players that get most of the athletic $ and playing time.
        Yep up to 50% of the starters on many of the top teams.

Comment

Even the MA kid at the top of the OP’s starter list went to Berkshire but was born and raised in Nigeria.

Comment

Every 8th and 9th grade boy and by huheir parents should be required to read these threads. Know your odds and be realistic

Comment

I don't see it as a negative thing. Soccer got most of these players into schools they wouldn't normally get into.

Get in, give it your best shot and if you find yourself still sitting on the bench too much, QUIT! There's always intramural and club soccer. Your're at a good school getting a good education which will open many doors for you.

Comment

I don't see it as a negative thing. Soccer got most of these players into schools they wouldn't normally get into.

Get in, give it your best shot and if you find yourself still sitting on the bench too much, QUIT! There's always intramural and club soccer. Your're at a good school getting a good education which will open many doors for you.
                or transfer

Comment

2016 D1 Boys Verbal Commitments

Now the seniors

Player/Team/G/GP/GS/G/A

Miguel Yuste/Yale/6/6/6/4/1
                  Joe Kellett/BC/7/7/7/0/0
                  Zach Kalk/Dartmouth/5/5/5/1/2
                  John Wilkins/CCSU/4/3/3/0/0

Four out of 36 starting. For those freshman parents who think they will all be starting by senior year, I’ve got news for you.

Comment

2016 D1 Boys Starting a Lot

Now the seniors

Player/Team/G/GP/GS/G/A

Joe Kellett/BC/7/7/7/0/0

Four out of 36 starting. For those freshman parents who think they will all be starting by senior year, I’ve got news for you.

Comment

If this isn't a wake up call, I don't know what is!

Very valuable, OP. Thank you.

Comment

2016 D1 Boys Subbing a Lot

Player/Team/G/GP/GS/G/A

Jacob Harris/Colgate/7/7/1/0/0
                        Ben Nicholas/Navy/7/5/0/1/0
                        Aaron James/UVA/6/3/2/0/0

Last guy finally getting some minutes.

So 7 of 36 or 19% playing much by senior year.

Comment

Now the seniors

Player/Team/G/GP/GS/G/A

Joe Kellett/BC/7/7/7/0/0

That’s still about 10 percent- not much of a drop from the freshmen starters (15%). Basically it’s between 10-20 percent all four years on average.

Comment

That’s still about 10 percent- not much of a drop from the freshmen starters (15%). Basically it’s between 10-20 percent all four years on average.
                            Correct, some subbing players slip into the lineup and others fade or are replaced or injured. The overall number stays the same. If you aren’t subbing at least Freshman season it doesn’t look good. Goalies excepted.

Comment

As I was researching something else on commits, I noticed this class had a large # of players committed to UMass. One from the Revs, 1 Bolts, 5 others. Not one is on the roster any longer.

Comment

As I was researching something else on commits, I noticed this class had a large # of players committed to UMass. One from the Revs, 1 Bolts, 5 others. Not one is on the roster any longer.
                                Good point! Recall their new coach showed up in 2015. These kids were not likely his recruits. He seems to be very happy with the 2018’s.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X