X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KK Atletico is quietly begging for players

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nonsense, look at the European employment laws as a starter and FIFA article 18, countries are awash with their own talent they are not going to go through getting visa's etc for a kid on the off chance they might make it unless they are already in the top 0.0000001%. They do not have a genuine pathway, just a revenue stream for the club they are representing. Soon as you people wake up and realize this the better.

OK...Lets remove the European super club academies and input NYCFC, Rebbulls, Cosmos, NE Revolution, etc. Are you still dumb enough to think my kid (or yours) are good enough to "make it". They can easily pull players from all over the world. As good as we think our kids are, they are still one grain of sand on a beach full of nice "grains".

Furthermore, do you really think your kid is the next Messi? lets look at the numbers...average pay for an MLS player (if your kid makes the team) $100k/yr. Average pay for NASL player (NY Cosmos) $55k/yr.

Hardly enticing to want to become a pro soccer player. Cant even support a family on LI for 100k/yr

I'm so glad my kids are honor students (it makes me proud)...and I will leave with this thought "Be a thinker....not a stinker" A. Creed

Comment

Not only is this not true, it doesn't make any sense. Why would Susa want the "Atletico 04 team that went to Nationals" last year, when Susa went to Nationals this year and fared better than Atletico did the year before? Atletico went 1-1-1, not terrible but...
      Susa went 2-1, beating 2 ECNL teams, made it to the final 4 and lost to the team that won the whole thing.
      Like you said, good luck to all the players but let's keep the facts straight
      This is a dumb statement. You can't compare the two teams. This past year's SUSA team was literally below average (I think they finished 6th in league). But they went to "nationals" with a bunch of new players that weren't on the team all season, so it was a different group. In fact, despite being decimated with defections, Atletico still beat SUSA last season during league play.

Comment

This is a dumb statement. You can't compare the two teams. This past year's SUSA team was literally below average (I think they finished 6th in league). But they went to "nationals" with a bunch of new players that weren't on the team all season, so it was a different group. In fact, despite being decimated with defections, Atletico still beat SUSA last season during league play.
        Again, get your facts straight. Susa went to Nationals with 3 additional players...the exact amount allotted by the rules. 3 additions on a roster of close to 20 players is HARDLY "a different group".

As far as Atletico's big 2-1 win a year ago, I saw plenty of players at that game who have been playing for Atletico for many years while several top Susa players sat on the sidelines riddled with injuries thanks to HS ball. In league play, if Susa was "below average" when they finished 3rd in the Fall and 5th in the Spring, what would you consider Atletico who finished 8th in the Fall and 9th in the Spring??? Bottom of the barrel?

Comment

You're all pathetic to care this much ! You will look back in 5 years and say, "Why did i care that much about youth soccer" ? You obviously have some inferior complex and some issues. WHO CARES and enjoy your kids youth.

Comment

Again, get your facts straight. Susa went to Nationals with 3 additional players...the exact amount allotted by the rules. 3 additions on a roster of close to 20 players is HARDLY "a different group".

As far as Atletico's big 2-1 win a year ago, I saw plenty of players at that game who have been playing for Atletico for many years while several top Susa players sat on the sidelines riddled with injuries thanks to HS ball. In league play, if Susa was "below average" when they finished 3rd in the Fall and 5th in the Spring, what would you consider Atletico who finished 8th in the Fall and 9th in the Spring??? Bottom of the barrel?
            are you really bragging about 3rd and 5th? You are what makes SUSA pathetic. Average club with 90% of the player pool. PATHETIC!

Comment

are you really bragging about 3rd and 5th? You are what makes SUSA pathetic. Average club with 90% of the player pool. PATHETIC!
              Nobody's bragging, I was just asking-if the poster felt that Susa finishing 3rd and 5th made them below average, what would that make Atletico who finished 8th and 9th? Bottom of the barrel? I'm not sure why that makes me pathetic...its just clarifying the facts.

Comment

KK Atletico is quietly begging for players

You're all pathetic to care this much ! You will look back in 5 years and say, "Why did i care that much about youth soccer" ? You obviously have some inferior complex and some issues. WHO CARES and enjoy your kids youth.

Hell Yea, you are right!!!!!!dumb ass soccer parents....soccer not even a real sport!!!!! enjoy watching the kids have fun!!!!!

Comment

Nobody's bragging, I was just asking-if the poster felt that Susa finishing 3rd and 5th made them below average, what would that make Atletico who finished 8th and 9th? Bottom of the barrel? I'm not sure why that makes me pathetic...its just clarifying the facts.
                  Wow, you completely missed the point. The Atletico 04 team was awful last season, hence their 8th and 9th place finishes, but yet they beat SUSA, that was the point. Thanks to all of the defections, Last year's Atletico team was a shell of the team that went to nationals 2 years ago.

Comment

Same happened to the 05 boys team. Not nearly as good as they were 2 years ago.

Comment

Same happened to the 05 boys team. Not nearly as good as they were 2 years ago.
                      No Atletico team is as good as they were, if they are still around. Young age groups the program is great. Once you hit the 11v11 field, it is time to move one. My kid tried staying after DK left, but it was time to move on. Small club run like a no frills organization with zero direction. It is a shame what has happened in such a short window.

Comment

Not only is this not true, it doesn't make any sense. Why would Susa want the "Atletico 04 team that went to Nationals" last year, when Susa went to Nationals this year and fared better than Atletico did the year before? Atletico went 1-1-1, not terrible but...
                        Susa went 2-1, beating 2 ECNL teams, made it to the final 4 and lost to the team that won the whole thing.
                        Like you said, good luck to all the players but let's keep the facts straight
                        Because Susa played low level ECNL teams and the team that won the whole thing was average at best.... who’s this Atletico 04 stud they are talking about the goalie? I thought she was already there.

Comment

Because Susa played low level ECNL teams and the team that won the whole thing was average at best.... who’s this Atletico 04 stud they are talking about the goalie? I thought she was already there.
                          Dad, you know I’m already there, stop calling me a stud!

Comment

Leave individual kids out of it, you pathetic piece of crap! You want to talk about kids? Let's start with your fat ass kid!

Comment

I agree.. Keep kids out of these forums. Not cool !

Comment

Leave individual kids out of it, you pathetic piece of crap! You want to talk about kids? Let's start with your fat ass kid!
                                So let me get this straight this thread has been talking about kids..... specific numbers and precisely which teams they come from ...... everyone knows who you’re talking about. Then someone wants to know which kid someone else is talking about and you lose your mind ?????? I see .... selective crazy outrage.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X