Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Do your own research. I did mine. Just start picking a few of the high level commitments from the past 5-10 years and track what the ended up doing in college. Sure there are the successes like MA but there are way many more LVL's.
    Thats is partly because to me a long term success in College requires a unique blend of talent AND mentality. Im no JD fan, but all you are describing is reality. not everyone gets to the top and the numbers decline.

My issue (and maybe yours as well) is the way everything is a "success' once they get to College, no matter the college or the fit. Even MA transferred no ?

There is way too much hype in this stuff because it attracts more parents and $$. Honesty is not popular. No one really wants to hear the truth and Clubs dont make money by telling it.

Comment

It all comes down to politics and the all mighty dollar. If you think Stars pulled out of DA for philosophical reasons, then why are their HS aged teams practicing multiple times during the week during the fall?

Comment

It all comes down to politics and the all mighty dollar. If you think Stars pulled out of DA for philosophical reasons, then why are their HS aged teams practicing multiple times during the week during the fall?
        No one really thinks that's why they pulled out any longer, do they?

I mean, even most Flavor-Aid drinker I thought saw reality.

Comment

Thats is partly because to me a long term success in College requires a unique blend of talent AND mentality. Im no JD fan, but all you are describing is reality. not everyone gets to the top and the numbers decline.

My issue (and maybe yours as well) is the way everything is a "success' once they get to College, no matter the college or the fit. Even MA transferred no ?

There is way too much hype in this stuff because it attracts more parents and $$. Honesty is not popular. No one really wants to hear the truth and Clubs dont make money by telling it.
          Maybe the process of how soccer players commit at the earliest ages plays a big roll in how this all plays out. An 8th or 9th grader is lesss likely to make an educated decision. Commits to a program and then matures and grows up and realizes she hates her choice or stopped developing because she was committed.

I’m sure a lot of these early commits are at club recommendation because the coach has a great relationship with college coaches.

Comment

I don’t understand why people get so worked up about this coach or that coach or this kid or that kid. People have a choice. I don’t understand the value in trying to convince people that one option is better than another. It’s a futile exercise. I know smart and thoughtful people at all the clubs.

Comment

I don’t understand why people get so worked up about this coach or that coach or this kid or that kid. People have a choice. I don’t understand the value in trying to convince people that one option is better than another. It’s a futile exercise. I know smart and thoughtful people at all the clubs.
              Dont think thats the point

1. we dont have unlimited choices
              2. when a premium option is thought to be overrated, people will talk about it.

its just opinions to pass the day .

Comment

Dont think thats the point

1. we dont have unlimited choices
                2. when a premium option is thought to be overrated, people will talk about it.

its just opinions to pass the day .
                No, now that Fred’s dead, JD is public enemy #1 to the NEFC propaganda brigade. This will continue for the foreseeable future.

Comment

No, now that Fred’s dead, JD is public enemy #1 to the NEFC propaganda brigade. This will continue for the foreseeable future.
                  Fred was just an awful person. I once watched him literally destroy a young (12 yo) GK because she let in a breakaway goal. The list of similar affronts was endless. Just a vile human being. Massachusetts soccer is better without the likes of him involved.

Jason is another distasteful human. With the way he talks to young girls it is amazing that some parent hasn't pressed charges yet. He cons them into believing that they need his "tough" coaching and there is no where else for them to go. History is proving him wrong though. He has burned about as many bridges as there are out there with both the national and local level "soccer" people. They see that it's always about what's best for him and that wears thin.

Both grossly over played their hands with the ECNL and in the end it is coming back to bite them in the rear. Fred is now gone and Jason has become the person the room tears into after he leaves. You'll not find a lot of warm fuzzies out there for either of them.

Comment

Fred was just an awful person. I once watched him literally destroy a young (12 yo) GK because she let in a breakaway goal. The list of similar affronts was endless. Just a vile human being. Massachusetts soccer is better without the likes of him involved.

Jason is another distasteful human. With the way he talks to young girls it is amazing that some parent hasn't pressed charges yet. He cons them into believing that they need his "tough" coaching and there is no where else for them to go. History is proving him wrong though. He has burned about as many bridges as there are out there with both the national and local level "soccer" people. They see that it's always about what's best for him and that wears thin.

Both grossly over played their hands with the ECNL and in the end it is coming back to bite them in the rear. Fred is now gone and Jason has become the person the room tears into after he leaves. You'll not find a lot of warm fuzzies out there for either of them.
                    the point is that whether its April Heinrichs, Jason Dewhurst or many of the other power players in girls youth soccer- there is little chance of egos being put to one side for the benefit of the game and the kids involved.

Whatever your affiliation or personal relationships are, thats the sad result of all of this.

Comment

It's too bad there is not another club in these parts that doesn't do it as well, yours included.

Comment

Top teams in both clubs would be competitive vs each other ,not a walkover.Regardless of what you stated

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                          It's too bad there is not another club in these parts that doesn't do it as well, yours included.
                          This will never stop, will it. If others are happy with their decisions, then why not let them be. You aren't going to convince anyone who is happy at Stars that they should leave Stars. The same can be said for NEFC and Scorpions. Let it go.

Comment

This will never stop, will it. If others are happy with their decisions, then why not let them be. You aren't going to convince anyone who is happy at Stars that they should leave Stars. The same can be said for NEFC and Scorpions. Let it go.
                            #143 has to let it go.

Comment

#143 has to let it go.
                              Let what go? Just calling them as I see them. I think both individuals where amongst the worst characters I ran across in club soccer. Really bad characters. I wouldn't let either near a kid if it were up to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                                Let what go? Just calling them as I see them. I think both individuals where amongst the worst characters I ran across in club soccer. Really bad characters. I wouldn't let either near a kid if it were up to me.
                                Good for you. Others would disagree, and the difference between the two of us is that I don't see a need to convince anyone.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X