Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You may have a special situation her with your case. Don't generalize it and make it a norm that every club or organization has coaches that are drunk coaching. Take your experience to the higher ups.
    Not the op - i agree it's not wildly prevalent. But it is out there (we've had two in 10+ years and three kids playing all kinds of sports). Best bet is always talk to the club or whoever is in charge. Complaining on a forum gets you nowhere

Comment

Not the op - i agree it's not wildly prevalent. But it is out there (we've had two in 10+ years and three kids playing all kinds of sports). Best bet is always talk to the club or whoever is in charge. Complaining on a forum gets you nowhere
      Are there forums for drunk piano teachers, drunk cricket coaches, drunk equestrian coaches, drunk croquet coaches, etc....?
      Or is this honor bestowed upon nobody but Mass club coaches

DC

Comment

Are there forums for drunk piano teachers, drunk cricket coaches, drunk equestrian coaches, drunk croquet coaches, etc....?

DC
        We should add a forum for drunk parents.

Comment

We should add a forum for drunk parents.
          Then there'd be no traffic on this forum

Comment

DC
            Those are the people that usually make the news when they screw up. Soccer coaches are protected by friends. Most parents are too afraid to speak up so you never hear about these drunks.

Comment

Those are the people that usually make the news when they screw up. Soccer coaches are protected by friends. Most parents are too afraid to speak up so you never hear about these drunks.
              Translation, my child does not play as much as they should and I'd like to get the coach fired...

Comment

I'm struggling to understand the genesis of this post.
                In an age of non-stop you-tubing and cameras, are you actually suggesting that there is a closed circle of silence surrounding soccer coaches?
                Have you read a single thread on t/s where the more outrageous the outing of a coach, the more responses it receives?
                Are scared parents friends?
                Wow...

Comment

I'm struggling to understand the genesis of this post.
                  In an age of non-stop you-tubing and cameras, are you actually suggesting that there is a closed circle of silence surrounding soccer coaches?
                  Have you read a single thread on t/s where the more outrageous the outing of a coach, the more responses it receives?
                  Are scared parents friends?
                  Wow...
                  why do people attack others personally? get a life

Comment

Translation, my child does not play as much as they should and I'd like to get the coach fired...
                    If you read all the comments someone posted that a coach was fired for abusing alcohol but is being allowed to come back by his friends.

Comment

why do people attack others personally? get a life
                      What personal attack?
                      More and more we shy away from any type of discussion for fear of hurting someone's feelings..if the post is ignorant, it needs to be pointed out. They may disagree, which is fine.
                      And this entire site is not much more than personal attacks, most of them unfounded.

Comment

How do you deal with a youth soccer coach that enjoys a couple of cocktails before coaching your kids?
                        Tip of the day: Great day for a couple frosty's before hitting the pitch. Just be sure to pack a few extra mints before heading out the door to mask the odor. I find the little Christmas peppermint pinwheels work best.

Comment

Tip of the day: Great day for a couple frosty's before hitting the pitch. Just be sure to pack a few extra mints before heading out the door to mask the odor. I find the little Christmas peppermint pinwheels work best.
                          Need a better tip than that. Anyone that isn't an ameteur already knows this.

Comment

My sons coach asked him where to get some 'charlie'.

Anyone know what he means?

Comment

My sons coach asked him where to get some 'charlie'.

Anyone know what he means?
                              Didn't happen

Comment

Just do what our very Presidential President does....pop a few tic-tacs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X