Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How fast shoud a good youth soccer player run?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nice post. A coach who teaches the players-team to use space and to make passes and runs would be a game changer.
    A team of fast kids and no touch or skill will just be chasing the ball around all game.

Comment

I am OP. I clearly asked for opinions on expected running speed for a 'good' player. A good player obviously need to know what to do with the ball and w/o ball when running. I did not ask for geniuses to teach me what a good player is, that was not my question.

Comment

Anybody has good guidelines on how fast should a good youth soccer player run? According to age.
        Faster than the cops chasing you

Comment

I am OP. I clearly asked for opinions on expected running speed for a 'good' player. A good player obviously need to know what to do with the ball and w/o ball when running. I did not ask for geniuses to teach me what a good player is, that was not my question.
          5...5 speed is a minimum....7 speed is more desired

Comment

What is speed? The sports press often confuses speed with insight. See, if I start running slightly earlier than someone else, I seem faster. - Johan Cruyff.

Comment

OK genius, I get it. Teach us how much soccer you now.

Now, stay on point and answer the original question!

If you had a youth soccer team to develop, and they seems 'slow', but insist on dreaming to evolve into D1 or DA material someday, what are some objective raw speed targets to measure them?

Even Cruiff had some minimal raw speed without the ball.

Comment

OK genius, I get it. Teach us how much soccer you now.

Now, stay on point and answer the original question!

If you had a youth soccer team to develop, and they seems 'slow', but insist on dreaming to evolve into D1 or DA material someday, what are some objective raw speed targets to measure them?

Even Cruiff had some minimal raw speed without the ball.
                The guy`s name was Cruijff (quoted as Cruyff in English language publications).
                You seem to inquire about the so called pure speed of soccer players. Pure speed is the least important of speed measures in soccer and professional players have a wide range of acceptable maximal pure speeds. Acceleration seems to be much more important than pure speed in soccer. Whatever your maximal speed is the less time you can reach it the more valuable player you are.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X