MG leaving TBU to go to West Pasco....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He currently coaches TBU's top team in the age group. They play NPL and CDL. They played in the Jefferson Cup. This is about the value of the DA vs. Competitive soccer. Not rec V competitive.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Good riddance to any parent coach who hogs players and won't let them move off to the competitive teams on the club. I'm surprised how much TBU lets this practice go ... and this is where TBU fails miserably. Instead of funneling the kids to the competitive teams they let the parents hog the players waaaay longer than they should. Good players players playing for daddy coaches in TARSA, ****ty tournaments, etc. just cause they joined the team out of rec and had some success in some crappy ass tournaments.

TBU needs to pull the plug on that **** already, scout their own players playing on daddy coached teams, educate the parents and move them to competitive teams starting at younger ages.

Comment

Good riddance to any parent coach who hogs players and won't let them move off to the competitive teams on the club. I'm surprised how much TBU lets this practice go ... and this is where TBU fails miserably. Instead of funneling the kids to the competitive teams they let the parents hog the players waaaay longer than they should. Good players players playing for daddy coaches in TARSA, ****ty tournaments, etc. just cause they joined the team out of rec and had some success in some crappy ass tournaments.

TBU needs to pull the plug on that **** already, scout their own players playing on daddy coached teams, educate the parents and move them to competitive teams starting at younger ages.
      This is a TARSA team? Not competitive soccer? https://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/...y=yes&compact=

Comment

He currently coaches TBU's top team in the age group. They play NPL and CDL. They played in the Jefferson Cup. This is about the value of the DA vs. Competitive soccer. Not rec V competitive.
        That is a great idea...BUT...that means the DA Director (KF), the ECNL Director (AB), the Director of Soccer (KJ), the boys DOC (ML), the girls DOC (GF), and the Directors of the Recreational Program (NH & KK) would have to get off their butts and work harder. Maybe, just maybe the CEO (CS) or the COO (ES) will see these threads and do something about it.

Comment

Is this team just got spanked in state cup 3-0?

Comment

Is this team just got spanked in state cup 3-0?
            They did lose to the number 4 ranked team in the state 3-0 at state cup and are currently 1-1. They are not undefeated this year, but they are one of the top in the state and they are the top in their age group among the TBU teams.

Comment

They did lose to the number 4 ranked team in the state 3-0 at state cup and are currently 1-1. They are not undefeated this year, but they are one of the top in the state and they are the top in their age group among the TBU teams.
              4th team in state? Aren't they 2nd? Hmmmm.

Comment

If MG is leaving that is a major loss. His kids play extremely well, he practices pretty much every day, allows kids (including girls) to guest at practices, and will scrimmage any other TBU team anytime anywhere.

Say what you will about complaining to refs, that is an asset of a coach.
                Whomever wrote this response is a jerk off...He is an out of control idiot. It does not matter if his team is #1 or what. He is out of control at the games and berates the referees until he gets thrown out. Then he walks off pouting..Do you know who i am?? I saw a referee respond.. You are nothing but a 12 boys coach, that is rude and a crybaby. You could not of said it better.

You say he is great ..Is that what you want your kids to act like ? Players look up to their coaches like role models. They will repeat and act like this person , as they get older. If that is what you call a good coach, you have a problem with your priorities.
                Maybe you are starstruck...who knows?

Comment

4th team in state? Aren't they 2nd? Hmmmm.
                  Yes. Sometimes the rankings are not perfect. Also, sometime, when children are involved, the better team does not always win--- particularly at 8 AM. Shocking. I know.

Comment

some people posting on here haven't seen him at games. we just see him working hard and inviting kids to practice with his team and having inclusive scrimmages at the fields. he is also very willing to scrimmage any team that wants to get some practice. but if all this other stuff is true, well, that's a problem for sure. people posting about him seem to have anger issues as well......

Comment

Is this a new phenomenon with him? And yet TBU did not have a problem with it. The complaints come out when he decides TBU is not the place for him.

That said, I think many coaches and parents could use to chill out a bit and back off the refs... even if many are incompetent. This is not just a MG thing. This is a problem everywhere.

Whomever wrote this response is a jerk off...He is an out of control idiot. It does not matter if his team is #1 or what. He is out of control at the games and berates the referees until he gets thrown out. Then he walks off pouting..Do you know who i am?? I saw a referee respond.. You are nothing but a 12 boys coach, that is rude and a crybaby. You could not of said it better.

You say he is great ..Is that what you want your kids to act like ? Players look up to their coaches like role models. They will repeat and act like this person , as they get older. If that is what you call a good coach, you have a problem with your priorities.
                      Maybe you are starstruck...who knows?

Comment

I think those attacking him are from outside TBU... The same ones who posted in the past.

Comment

I'm taking my toys and going home!!! Hahahaha

Comment

So what level is TBU playing that is higher? I see their teams in CDL and USA. His team currently plays in CDL. They just pay higher fees for the privilege.

He's not taking DA kids with him. And those kids should have tried out for CC anyway.
                            TBU will have boys ecnl next year which has a very good division to play in. Far and away better than any league in Florida. Good luck in cdl next year.

Comment

something to be said about a guy who went to college for free and made a ton of money kicking a football to quit over the prlblems DA creates

Comment

something to be said about a guy who went to college for free and made a ton of money kicking a football to quit over the prlblems DA creates
                                That criticism makes no sense. What does playing football have to do with disagreeing with the DA set up?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X