Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Forget soccer, who sends their child to Groton and then is happy with Emory?
    She is haopy. I'm sure her parents are happy. That's all that matters and it's none of your God damm business

Comment

She is haopy. I'm sure her parents are happy. That's all that matters and it's none of your God damm business
      Well then why post the commitment here if you didn't want people to look at it and comment on it? Did you honestly think people would pee on themselves over the Groton/ECNL = Emory equation? Tough crowd here.

Comment

Well then why post the commitment here if you didn't want people to look at it and comment on it? Did you honestly think people would pee on themselves over the Groton/ECNL = Emory equation? Tough crowd here.
        I dont get where you can come off and slam Emory as a weak school. That is a top-flight school in the southeast. They have a top flight medical and business school and every other undergrad and graduate program around. Harvard or die for you I guess. Emory is a phenomenal school in a great city.

Comment

LMAO. Tough crowd, as in, YOU? You certainly are knocking yourself out today, and of course needing to distract since real data proves you to be so, so wrong in everything you have posted on this site.

Comment

I dont get where you can come off and slam Emory as a weak school. That is a top-flight school in the southeast. They have a top flight medical and business school and every other undergrad and graduate program around. Harvard or die for you I guess. Emory is a phenomenal school in a great city.
            That is just how BTNT rolls. The ultimate a-hole.

Comment

Top 6 schools in South, inclusive of FL and TX, in alphabetical order=Davidson, Duke, Emory, Rice, Vandy, W&L (with Wake, UVA and UNC close behind)

Comment

People should worry about their own kid's educations and not others who they do not even know.

Comment

Top 6 schools in South, inclusive of FL and TX, in alphabetical order=Davidson, Duke, Emory, Rice, Vandy, W&L (with Wake, UVA and UNC close behind)
                  Any kid that gets into UVA, WF or UNC-CH should be very proud. All great schools! Sucks to be such an aloof pr|ck from the Northeast that doesnt recognize value or merit outside of our little circle.

Comment

That is just how BTNT rolls. The ultimate a-hole.
                    Lol. Everyone is commenting on everyone here but it cracks me up that

Duke/NT = ultimate a-hole
                    Emory/D3 = ultimate hero

you are all dicks just think someone's got just a serious case of penis envy here

Comment

Lol. Everyone is commenting on everyone here but it cracks me up that

Duke/NT = ultimate a-hole
                      Emory/D3 = ultimate hero

you are all dicks just think someone's got just a serious case of penis envy here
                      Nope, just you are the a-hole. Your kid is good as gold.

Comment

This staged signing is a symptom of the whole issue. This generation of parents are convinced that they need spend to provide "opportunity" for their children. Club Soccer: $50,000 Boarding School: $200,000 College: $250,000. No doubt the child is a bright student and an above average soccer player but is there anything in evidence though that all of their spending actually helped that child achieve anything outside the norm? Is there any question that when parents send their child to a school like Groton that they are hoping for it to lead to the Ivy League? Is it all that much different when a parent puts their child on a top flight soccer team like NEFC hoping it might lead to a top flight college soccer team? Given that few are probably monitoring a college like Emory looking for press releases you have to know it was the parent who posted it. That makes you wonder about their motivation for posting it here. It certainly does come across as them wanting to justify their choices.
                        The "staged signing" is not likely from the parents. It is usually the high school or the club team's doing.

Comment

Emory is a fine school, but it is not one of the truly elite D3 colleges. In the UAA, it is a little better than middle of the pack. But you do not see kids turning down Ivy to go there, unlike, MIT, Cal Tech, Pomona, Williams, Amherst, etc.
                          This. Let's not get carried away by Emory......

Comment

This. Let's not get carried away by Emory......
                            Alex, I will take Emory over Amherst and close to Williams ..... you won't lose with any of these 3. Stop being a snob. Emory is a top notch school in many areas and they are well backed and the students have a huge network upon graduation.

Comment

Alex, I will take Emory over Amherst and close to Williams ..... you won't lose with any of these 3. Stop being a snob. Emory is a top notch school in many areas and they are well backed and the students have a huge network upon graduation.
                              And it's a larger school in a great city. That's a different kind of experience than many other D3s that tend to be small and suburban/rural. There's a school for everyone

Comment

Exactly! Anyone thinking Emory is easy to get into is living 30 years ago. The college admissions landscape has changed, and it is much harder to get into these nationally recognized institutions.

Is Emory Harvard? No, but that's not the litmus test any reasonable person would pose, is it?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X