Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it even possible anymore?

After missing his freshman year of high school soccer my son has conflicting feelings about participation in the DA process. He's a starter and he contributes. He loves the game. The high school he goes to has a competitive soccer team that he'd most certainly start for.

My question is whether a boy who could probably letter in a varsity sport every season from sophomore year through senior year has the same potential for identification that a DA player has? Does being a 3 sport athlete matter in an age of specialization?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    After missing his freshman year of high school soccer my son has conflicting feelings about participation in the DA process. He's a starter and he contributes. He loves the game. The high school he goes to has a competitive soccer team that he'd most certainly start for.

My question is whether a boy who could probably letter in a varsity sport every season from sophomore year through senior year has the same potential for identification that a DA player has? Does being a 3 sport athlete matter in an age of specialization?
    And BTNT strikes again. Boring, and beyond tiresome.

Comment

And BTNT strikes again. Boring, and beyond tiresome.
      I wonder how many posts per day are wrongly attributed to this jackass. You people have turned him into a larger than life super-criminal. Lighten up.

Comment

I wonder how many posts per day are wrongly attributed to this jackass. You people have turned him into a larger than life super-criminal. Lighten up.
        Hardly any. And no regular parent of a DAP starting rising soph would present the scenario described. Wise up.

Comment

Hardly any. And no regular parent of a DAP starting rising soph would present the scenario described. Wise up.
          Except maybe me with a rising sophomore. Believe me or not, I don't care. If you aren't going to answer my question then slide your puckered sphincter and your bat $h1+ crazy crusade into someone else's thread.

Comment

Except maybe me with a rising sophomore. Believe me or not, I don't care. If you aren't going to answer my question then slide your puckered sphincter and your bat $h1+ crazy crusade into someone else's thread.
            And you come to this cesspool site seeking advice? You're not that dumb.

In case you are, boys ecnl is here, he'll get looks and be able to do HS.

Comment

If your son is good enough have him go try out for NEFC. The club has a top reputation amongst college coaches. The NEFC boys coaches have a large network of college coaches and can help pace your son. He will also be able to play high school.

Comment

If your son is good enough have him go try out for NEFC. The club has a top reputation amongst college coaches. The NEFC boys coaches have a large network of college coaches and can help pace your son. He will also be able to play high school.
                A tiring topic...yes. Does it bring out the local club reps like those from NEFC? Absolutely.
                However, the question is a good one and one that is always present.
                First, of the larger clubs, NEFC has the fewest listed on the 'commitment' list...
                http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showth...147141&page=41
                Although this may not be complete, there is still no data to support the claim by the NEFC looney.

Second, if your kid really wants a better (not the only shot) to go to D1 or even professional then DAP is the better (not only) path.
                Otherwise, other clubs can get you to D1 as well....but college coaches will take a successful DAP player over a equally successful non DAP player. The level of play at the DAP is higher.

Comment

Yes, a star HS player can get identified. They just need to work harder to be identified.

Comment

A tiring topic...yes. Does it bring out the local club reps like those from NEFC? Absolutely.
                    However, the question is a good one and one that is always present.
                    First, of the larger clubs, NEFC has the fewest listed on the 'commitment' list...
                    http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showth...147141&page=41
                    Although this may not be complete, there is still no data to support the claim by the NEFC looney.

Second, if your kid really wants a better (not the only shot) to go to D1 or even professional then DAP is the better (not only) path.
                    Otherwise, other clubs can get you to D1 as well....but college coaches will take a successful DAP player over a equally successful non DAP player. The level of play at the DAP is higher.
                    Thanks for the reply. The DA games I saw in the fall were fairly high level in terms of skill. I haven't watched many of the older divisions. I'll make it a point to watch the 00/01 and 98/99 teams this Spring to see how it compares to his high school's team.

Comment

Thanks, BTNT. Work on the rage...And new scenarios that make sense and dont so transparently merge the 3 same topics you've been posting about every day month after month.

Comment

Identified for what?

Love the last question waxing about the "age of specialization" with being a 3 sport athlete in the same sentence.

Comment

Thanks, BTNT. Work on the rage...And new scenarios that make sense and dont so transparently merge the 3 same topics you've been posting about every day month after month.
                          I'm not that guy. You're a fool. I feel for your family.

Comment

Identified for what?

Love the last question waxing about the "age of specialization" with being a 3 sport athlete in the same sentence.
                            You people are obsessed. It must be quite a burden for you.

Comment

I'm not that guy. You're a fool. I feel for your family.
                              If so, that's even worse. You're dumber than dirt.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X