Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    And you are a TROLL!!!!! Just what club has both DA and ECNL in this state and is not Stars? Try again.
    Reading comprehension much? The poster never said his buddy's daughter's club with both GDA and ECNL was in MA or even in New England. Soccer does exist outside of this state...

Comment

Just how do you think that training is going to be "more formal"? Are they wearing prom dresses? Training is not going to change. Same coaches, same drills, same ball.
      our club buys new balls every year so the training is always amazing. best ever.

Comment

Reading comprehension much? The poster never said his buddy's daughter's club with both GDA and ECNL was in MA or even in New England. Soccer does exist outside of this state...
        Suck my dick

Comment

Just how do you think that training is going to be "more formal"? Are they wearing prom dresses? Training is not going to change. Same coaches, same drills, same ball.
          For many clubs not the same coaches ..... college coaches won't be able to do it.

Comment

OK... then what state and which club? The poster is posting on MA board. You cannot compare MA with any other state that has clubs that have both ECNL and DA. Each state and region is a completely different landscape *****hole. There are only a handful nationwide that have both.

Comment

Suck my dick
              What are you 12? The only thing your comment shows is that you're immature, can't admit when you're wrong, and are sexually insecure. Hope you don't have kids as I'm sure they'll end up just as ****ty and effed up as you.

Comment

OK... then what state and which club? The poster is posting on MA board. You cannot compare MA with any other state that has clubs that have both ECNL and DA. Each state and region is a completely different landscape *****hole. There are only a handful nationwide that have both.
                Says who? You? Who the hell are you. Want to compare other areas DA/ECNL to ours go ahead. Hell, I read other state threads just to see what the rest of the youth soccer world is like. FWIW, you need therapy.

Comment

Says who? You? Who the hell are you. Want to compare other areas DA/ECNL to ours go ahead. Hell, I read other state threads just to see what the rest of the youth soccer world is like. FWIW, you need therapy.
                  What state, which club? Where are you comparing MA to? Each state and region has a very different landscape. You can fit the Northeast and Atlantic regions and its 15 member DA clubs inside the state of Texas. Each region is unique and each state in those regions is equally unique. DA/ECNL effect will vary greatly nationwide so what the TROLLS buddy who lives in another state will not apply.

Comment

The number of session is higher in the DA and they are supposed to follow a prescribed curriculum.

Comment

First... majority of parents footing the bill for this, as well at the child actually doing the work, could give a rats ***** about making US soccer better as it will in no way impact their future. There is NO WOMEN'S CAREER PATH in soccer.

Second... ECNL is a business. Results for a club is what what brings players to a club. Players in a club mean money for a club. Giving kids exposure is not the end game for clubs, but rather the hook that get the bill paying parents to buy in. And it works. For that reason, these clubs are already doing the work that they are looking to do.

Third... Stars or any other club do not and will not exist to make US soccer a wold power in soccer. That is not their vision. Those that have jumped on the DA bandwagon are simply doing it as a business decision as not doing it could and would take dollars out of their pocket when someone else does.

Like it or not, soccer is a means to a college education for all but .0001% of our female soccer players in this country who actually have a shot at a place on the NT.
                      Short sighted. If your player practices more they will be a better player. If they become a better player they will have many more options, including soccer scholarships.

Comment

The number of session is higher in the DA and they are supposed to follow a prescribed curriculum.
                        You are a newbie, aren't ya? Don't be fooled.

We all see how well those mandated curriculums work in our schools. And as for a higher number of sessions... sure. I have some beachfront property for sale.

Comment

So I am the parent of a 7th grader. This kid is looking pretty strong. I am in the delusional stage where I think anything is possible for her. She gets excited for every soccer practice ready to go half hour early etc. But she is not a teenager yet when priorities may be switched up...who knows at this point. She says more is better in regard to training.

I see it as, if she does not go DA she will potentially be competing against kids who have had significantly more formal team training that she has when college recruiting time hits. I can get her additional individual training or even group training for a while yet, but I will have to pay for it. She plays by herself in the garage or even living room. Further, what will the landscape be in a few years? I say who knows, but I do know that she will get more formal training in the DA.

My buddy has a high school junior in a club with both GDA and ECNL (not stars). He says on her team all of the starters are going to the GDA. He says they will give up their senior year of high school soccer so that they are best ready to hit the college team. They think the additional quality training will give them an advantage over the other non DA kids. Hit the ground running so to speak. If a high school senior is willing to give it up, then there are many younger players thinking the same.

If our thinking is the common one among those with younger top level kids, then the GDA will succeed in gathering most of the top players in a region with both ECNL and GDA-maybe sooner than people think.
                          At this particular point in time there is really only one age group, the ones that will be a U16 next fall, that really has any worries about straddling the fence. Once kids are committed, they absolutely start thinking the way this fictional post is suggesting (with a little help from the college coach). It's all about getting ready to make an impact. At this point in time it's really only the kids that aren't committed yet going into their soph year that have the worries, but the honest truth is those kids really aren't who the DA is targeting. The true target is the ones committing in the freshman year. The kids going into their freshman year next fall would be nuts to start with their high school team and forgo the DA. Tantamount to career suicide.

Comment

You are a newbie, aren't ya? Don't be fooled.

We all see how well those mandated curriculums work in our schools. And as for a higher number of sessions... sure. I have some beachfront property for sale.
                            No, just the opposite. Do a little research will you. You are just a cynical troll who hates everyone and everything not associated with your club. Presumably the Scorpions. You seem to take perverse pleasure in besmirching anything that has to do with something other than the ECNL. My bet is because you know that your kid won't make one of the DA teams.

Comment

At this particular point in time there is really only one age group, the ones that will be a U16 next fall, that really has any worries about straddling the fence. Once kids are committed, they absolutely start thinking the way this fictional post is suggesting (with a little help from the college coach). It's all about getting ready to make an impact. At this point in time it's really only the kids that aren't committed yet going into their soph year that have the worries, but the honest truth is those kids really aren't who the DA is targeting. The true target is the ones committispots ng in the freshman year. The kids going into their freshman year next fall would be nuts to start with their high school team and forgo the DA. Tantamount to career suicide.
                              There is no career suicide happening in skipping DA for at least several years. After that still no career suicide. There will just be no be one-stop shopping for college coaches and kids will have to do a better job of marketing themselves. Let those committed kids go to DA. They have gotten what they need to get from the sport.

Comment

There is no career suicide happening in skipping DA for at least several years. After that still no career suicide. There will just be no be one-stop shopping for college coaches and kids will have to do a better job of marketing themselves. Let those committed kids go to DA. They have gotten what they need to get from the sport.
                                For a top level player, the analogy would be skipping AP classes so that you could present a higher GPA. Schools see right through it. So won't college coaches.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X