Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here's your answer. (You finally had me at "carve out my own eyes with a rusty nail). Top tournaments like Jefferson don't add levels because of demand. And even lower level tournaments might not add due to restrictions on resources (fields, refs, etc).
    Thank you.

In your opinion, it's their business plan to spread them so large? Not disagreeing with it, clubs are there for money in the end, and I get that.

So, it's their intent to have some of these tournaments with lower level teams (thinking locally, not big tourneys) with such crappy teams.

And, I say that with the knowledge while my kid was never in the lowest level tournament, she honestly was only a rung or two above them initially, so there's a touch of hypocrisy in my statement...

Comment

Thank you.

In your opinion, it's their business plan to spread them so large? Not disagreeing with it, clubs are there for money in the end, and I get that.

So, it's their intent to have some of these tournaments with lower level teams (thinking locally, not big tourneys) with such crappy teams.

And, I say that with the knowledge while my kid was never in the lowest level tournament, she honestly was only a rung or two above them initially, so there's a touch of hypocrisy in my statement...
      Op here - there are far too many tournaments and groups organizing them that it's difficult to generalize about their intentions. Tourneys that have been around a fair amount of time all started small at some point. Market forces generally take care of poorly run/poor quality events - if you don't deliver on promises clubs will look elsewhere. There's plenty of mid and low level events to chose from. Do a top notch job and teams will return and word will spread and it will build.

Comment

Op here - there are far too many tournaments and groups organizing them that it's difficult to generalize about their intentions. Tourneys that have been around a fair amount of time all started small at some point. Market forces generally take care of poorly run/poor quality events - if you don't deliver on promises clubs will look elsewhere. There's plenty of mid and low level events to chose from. Do a top notch job and teams will return and word will spread and it will build.
        From newbie to expert within 8 hours....

We have only been playing club soccer for a year now. I notice that many tournament websites say "Accepted Teams will be notified......" From your knowledge do tourneys ever reject teams?

Comment

From newbie to expert within 8 hours....
          No I was the op of the post he'd been asking about, not the thread op.

Comment

No I was the op of the post he'd been asking about, not the thread op.
            That's fascinating, since I wrote that post.

Comment

Actually, this was my first post:
              If the hosting club can find more field space, they will accept more teams. This is a money making event for the host club, so the more clubs = more $$. Field space is the limitation

Comment

Depends on your definition of "newbie". My kid is moving up the ladder, but there's a lot of rungs on that ladder and she has a long way to go. May be moving into a NPL team next year. We looked at the Jefferson Cup site and was floored, impressed, on how big that is.

So, yeah, I was studying the sites and looking at teams I know, where they are, etc. But, I read all stuff about the game all the time, so maybe I'm not normal.
                You're normal, OP here. I went on the tourney website because I had questions and saw that blurb for the Needham tourney. I realize there are many trolls on here but folks dont need to be A-holes.

Comment

You're normal, OP here. I went on the tourney website because I had questions and saw that blurb for the Needham tourney. I realize there are many trolls on here but folks dont need to be A-holes.
                  You were asking about the Needham tournament. They just posted their accepted teams list. I doubt they reject anyone, they have many brackets for the different levels.

Comment

You were asking about the Needham tournament. They just posted their accepted teams list. I doubt they reject anyone, they have many brackets for the different levels.
                    Thanks!!

Comment

Wow. I've been involved with the game for 40 years, and am happy to see my daughter catch onto the love of it that I do. I watch games, I watch teams playing before hers, I watch it on TV, I play it, I've coached it, I've reffed it a little. So, while I do read through posts and reply on occasion, not sure what else that has to do.

That reply of mine was the first I had in this thread, and the first on any subject today.

Have a pleasant day!
                      So you're like a 105 years old?

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                        so you're like a 105 years old?
                        49 .

Comment

To answer your question, most tournaments won't reject a team as long as there is decent competition for them. If it's a lower level team and there are other comparable teams they should be fine and have their won bracket. But I would think they would not put them up against teams far superior to them, no one likes that kind of game.

Comment

49 .
                            51 or 12

Comment

51 or 12
                              I'd go 51

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X