Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ok I give up. Anyone who wants to pay $3k + a year for their kid to be part of something bigger than HIMSELF deserves what they're getting. I paid to get my kids on a field where coaches will come see them play. My kids actually want to play in college and aren't just doing it to make friends while getting off on all the fresh air.
    If your kid is on a C team, perhaps college soccer isn't in the cards for him, especially at a high level school like Colby. Or better yet, have him work his ASS off to get on a better team that will have college coaches attend his games. Sorry your kid is subjected to being on the same team as mine, but the reality is that NOT every player on a C team wants to play in college.....

Comment

Ok I give up. Anyone who wants to pay $3k + a year for their kid to be part of something bigger than HIMSELF deserves what they're getting. I paid to get my kids on a field where coaches will come see them play. My kids actually want to play in college and aren't just doing it to make friends while getting off on all the fresh air.
      You sound like an uniformed idiot. If your kids are good enough for coaches to want to scout them, then they would be playing on a team that coaches will come and watch. If not, your kid should have contacted to coach to get interest, so that they know to come to his games in the lower brackets. Otherwise, have him attend an appropriate level college summer camp or ID camp, where the coach will see them. Stop blaming your club and assuming that just because you paid your club, that the college coaches will have time to go to every game. You're being totally unrealistic.

Comment

You fail to grasp the point.

This is not unique to soccer. This is the same thing for virtually all youth-based endeavors.
        No, your point is stupid. This site is predominately about club soccer, so why would anyone really want to talk about any of those other youth endeavors here. They typically have their own forums. If you want to talk about skiing then go find one but I think you'll find that once there that the conversation will still be about getting to the pinnacle of skiing and the realities of getting there.

Comment

No, your point is stupid. This site is predominately about club soccer, so why would anyone really want to talk about any of those other youth endeavors here. They typically have their own forums. If you want to talk about skiing then go find one but I think you'll find that once there that the conversation will still be about getting to the pinnacle of skiing and the realities of getting there.
          No, you are railing against soccer, when this is the same with everything in America. So, why should soccer be any different? It's life. It costs a lot to raise a kid.

Next time, pull out and unload somewhere else if you didn't want to play the game.

Comment

Our resident troll doesn't recognize that finances might be a barrier. In their crazy mind you spend unconditionally to keep your kids happy.
            You must be proud your thread is already at 4 pages, BTNT.

Comment

You must be proud your thread is already at 4 pages, BTNT.
              "What'd you do today honey?"

"I managed to generate 52 pages of replies on all my threads on TS."

"That's great dear. Did you clean the gutters like I asked?"

"Doh, sorry, never even made it out of my pajamas today. Again."

Comment

You sound like an uniformed idiot. If your kids are good enough for coaches to want to scout them, then they would be playing on a team that coaches will come and watch. If not, your kid should have contacted to coach to get interest, so that they know to come to his games in the lower brackets. Otherwise, have him attend an appropriate level college summer camp or ID camp, where the coach will see them. Stop blaming your club and assuming that just because you paid your club, that the college coaches will have time to go to every game. You're being totally unrealistic.
                All too informed unfortunately. You're wrong on so many accounts.

Comment

All too informed unfortunately. You're wrong on so many accounts.
                  Well, if you didn't try to trick everyone with phony threads that would help. We know what your point is so the convoluted gymnastics to keep forwarding your point is pointless, absurd, and sad....so sad.

Comment

Ok so I guess when your son isn't playing NPL you shouldn't expect to be in the top bracket or maybe even on the most centrally located fields, but you parents out there of kids playing in GPS March Madness or NEFC Pre-Season do you have an expectation like I do that your kid will at least be seen by some sort of coaches? Just looked up where my two boys (different ages) will be playing and I'm honestly thinking about having them sit out. No point in suffering in the cold for nothing. Which is an insane statement because I paid for this crap (twice). How are we allowing ourselves to get screwed by these clubs????
                    This post is so transparent in so many ways.

Obviously the "OP" is tired of hearing that some play without a required end goal in mind, so the point is to suggest that families even on lower level teams have specific expectations (because otherwise, as the poster believes, why else would one spend money to participate). The stuff about already paying but not having kids play because it's cold is just a very poor smokescreen attempt. And then of course we see the punchline in the last sentence, as though this savvy parent all of the sudden becomes aware that lower level teams aren't going to get the premium stadium field for a showcase event.

Comment

I wanted to be 6'5" but I topped out at 5'11". Your kid and my kid are playing the same number of college games. You've been bamboozled into believing club soccer leads to college soccer.

Comment

I wanted to be 6'5" but I topped out at 5'11". Your kid and my kid are playing the same number of college games. You've been bamboozled into believing club soccer leads to college soccer.
                        Correct. Not ALL club soccer leads to college soccer. But who said it had to?

Comment

Actually, no. He's just in a very tortured way arguing for a ROI, and of course the fiction is intentionally ludicrous with the poster after all these years just now figuring out that a lower level team doesn't command center stage at a tournament. Weak, so weak.

Comment

If your kid is on a C level team and you somehow thought that coaches were going to just show up at his games to "discover" him, then you are so incredibly naive that you should have your credit cards and checkbook taken away. There are some good, informative posts on this thread and others that lay out the steps in getting a kid who's not on an elite team connected to a college. Until you understand those concepts and put them into play, you will never get anywhere in this process.

Comment

Actually, no. He's just in a very tortured way arguing for a ROI, and of course the fiction is intentionally ludicrous with the poster after all these years just now figuring out that a lower level team doesn't command center stage at a tournament. Weak, so weak.
                              ROI is a happy and healthy child. That's all that should matter.

Comment

Not bamboozled. He's either a troll or incredibly stupid. Clubs are not marketing C teams as the path to college soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X