Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's time to move futbal to the masses who enjoy it. In the city with public transport access, a grass field and their own stadium. Revs have a growing base and reputation.
    Actually think Henry should enable Fens to run a competitive team. Show kraft up.

Comment

I would not say that 'most' are under 30,000 nor that 'only a handful.....on par with....'
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ms_by_capacity

The only experience I want is to watch good soccer. The average pro football tickets (average) runs from 50-122 dollars
      http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1928432

that price allows you to sit in stadiums ranging in size from 50-85K
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...eague_stadiums

....with loud obnoxious fans..........

personally, I like the space and comfort of gillette for soccer.......but maybe I am just claustrophobic, just want to watch good soccer, and don't care about the 'total experience'

I also prefer a large amount of good tasting pasta +/- meat on a simple plate and tableware without garnishes at the mom and pop italian place........
      Loud obnoxious fans.... you obviously have never been to match in Europe have you?

Comment

Actually think Henry should enable Fens to run a competitive team. Show kraft up.
        Trump's $1 trillion infrastructure bill and with his close friendship with Bob Kraft, you'll see the Columbia Point/UMass parcel as the site for the soccer stadium. Kcircle will be fixed which will appease the Dorchester residents and politicians along with more student housing for the school. It's a win-win for the State. The Boston Teacher's Union need to get out of the way, they're a small player here.

Comment

Trump's $1 trillion infrastructure bill and with his close friendship with Bob Kraft, you'll see the Columbia Point/UMass parcel as the site for the soccer stadium. Kcircle will be fixed which will appease the Dorchester residents and politicians along with more student housing for the school. It's a win-win for the State. The Boston Teacher's Union need to get out of the way, they're a small player here.
          I would also venture to say that Gov. Baker is also irrelevant on this one. It's privately owned land and not open to the bidding process. UMass can strike a deal with whomever they want. The Dot politicians want housing and the circle brought up to speed. They will get both items accomplished. The University needs more dorms and an modern athletic facility that they will share with the Revolution. The Calf pasture down the road (more unused acres) will be the Revs Academy facility. You heard it here first folks!!

Comment

I would also venture to say that Gov. Baker is also irrelevant on this one. It's privately owned land and not open to the bidding process. UMass can strike a deal with whomever they want. The Dot politicians want housing and the circle brought up to speed. They will get both items accomplished. The University needs more dorms and an modern athletic facility that they will share with the Revolution. The Calf pasture down the road (more unused acres) will be the Revs Academy facility. You heard it here first folks!!
            Agreed, Walsh, Baker and UMass' Martin Meehan all want this to get done. Private and now Federal infrastructure money for improvements and stadium. This will revitalize that whole Bayside Expo area of Dorchester and the JFK/UMASS stop. I think everyone is waiting for BTU's president to retire next month to proceed with this. I hear he's the moron that's holding the Kraft Sport Group hostage.

Comment

I would not say that 'most' are under 30,000 nor that 'only a handful.....on par with....'
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ms_by_capacity

The only experience I want is to watch good soccer. The average pro football tickets (average) runs from 50-122 dollars
              http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1928432

that price allows you to sit in stadiums ranging in size from 50-85K
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...eague_stadiums

....with loud obnoxious fans..........

personally, I like the space and comfort of gillette for soccer.......but maybe I am just claustrophobic, just want to watch good soccer, and don't care about the 'total experience'

I also prefer a large amount of good tasting pasta +/- meat on a simple plate and tableware without garnishes at the mom and pop italian place........

Funny that your pasta analogy works best with respect to a soccer-specific stadium. Gillette serves up the Olive Garden version.

You took a list of European stadia - of course the largest stadia of each domestic league is enormous (larger than the largest NFL ones). Twickenham isn't even for soccer/football, by the way.

If you look at each league in turn, most/many of the stadia are under 30k. Newly promoted clubs often have to add seating and make other improvements to qualify for the next higher league.

But if the Krafts can lure you into Gillette and you're happy with the on-field product of course you spread out and calm your claustrophobia - you could even have an entire 300 section all to yourself.

Comment

Playing in an American Football stadium with football field markings and patriots branding everywhere is quite..meh! The energy is very tame at Gillette. I'd prefer to be in a smaller stadium that is 100% soccer energy amongst the diehards, hooligans and drunkards.
                Make the Revolution Great Again!

Comment

Funny that your pasta analogy works best with respect to a soccer-specific stadium. Gillette serves up the Olive Garden version.

You took a list of European stadia - of course the largest stadia of each domestic league is enormous (larger than the largest NFL ones). Twickenham isn't even for soccer/football, by the way.

If you look at each league in turn, most/many of the stadia are under 30k. Newly promoted clubs often have to add seating and make other improvements to qualify for the next higher league.

But if the Krafts can lure you into Gillette and you're happy with the on-field product of course you spread out and calm your claustrophobia - you could even have an entire 300 section all to yourself.

(Finds himself furiously searching for a "like" button...)

Comment

Playing in an American Football stadium with football field markings and patriots branding everywhere is quite..meh! The energy is very tame at Gillette. I'd prefer to be in a smaller stadium that is 100% soccer energy amongst the diehards, hooligans and drunkards.
                    Go get smashed and then go to see the Breakers play. Tiny stadium, no Patriots logos to get in the way. Perfection.

Comment

Most Revs games are played on Revs specific turf. No football field markings at all.

Comment

Most Revs games are played on Revs specific turf. No football field markings at all.
                        There is no such things as Revs-specific turf. It's the same turf the Patriots play on (and chosen for their specific requirements). The only difference is if the gridiron lines are painted over (not removed). With the "stunning visual clarity of HDTV", you can even see the shades of green. Can you imagine the expense and hassle in having two sets of turf, and then switching them out week to week once the Patriots return?

There's a reason why DP players from other clubs won't play at Gillette.

Comment

There is no such things as Revs-specific turf. It's the same turf the Patriots play on (and chosen for their specific requirements). The only difference is if the gridiron lines are painted over (not removed). With the "stunning visual clarity of HDTV", you can even see the shades of green. Can you imagine the expense and hassle in having two sets of turf, and then switching them out week to week once the Patriots return?

There's a reason why DP players from other clubs won't play at Gillette.
                          turf is terrible to train and play on. longterm injuries/ performance detriments.

Someone should sue and that might get Kraft to sell or turn to real soccer. Seems all these real estate types can understand only bottom line lawsuits.

Comment

Columbia Point soccer stadium coming!!

The Revs SSS in the UMASS owned parcel in Dorchester is closer than you think. Huge trans plan for Boston unveiled today. Kraft will capitalize.

Comment

Just git er dun...

fer cripes sake, just pay the teachers union whateva' they want and git on with it...
                              "Kraft's net worth is estimated to be approximately $5.2billion..."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Force-One.html

Comment

Bent Musket on target...

fer cripes sake, just pay the teachers union whateva' they want and git on with it...
                                "Kraft's net worth is estimated to be approximately $5.2billion..."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Force-One.html
                                ==================================================
                                trying to keep this thread alive in hopes that real soccer fans will demand more.
                                so i'm posting another article that pretty much sums it all up via Bent Musket:

http://www.thebentmusket.com/2017/3/...stadium-boston

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X