Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Simple question then, why is she is in such a lopsided game? If the club knows how to handle a top level player, why is she in such a weak game? Only so many miles on those knees you know. A player of that ilk should be moved to the best games on the club's slate and definitely shouldn't be playing in a wipe out. That really speaks to the club's agenda, not hers.
    They need to help each other. That is how the system seems to work.

Comment

Simple question then, why is she is in such a lopsided game? If the club knows how to handle a top level player, why is she in such a weak game? Only so many miles on those knees you know. A player of that ilk should be moved to the best games on the club's slate and definitely shouldn't be playing in a wipe out. That really speaks to the club's agenda, not hers.
      Not a affiliated with either club, but I've seen this girl play many times. She should be playing on their U15 team, and never guest playing anywhere but maybe up another age on a rare occasion. She's an exceptional talent, and should be treated as such. The only reason she ever plays in her age group is to win games for the club. It certainly has nothing to do with her development or protecting her.

Comment

To be fair to the clubs, parents choose clubs and teams based on the win loss record of the teams. It is the parents that created this monster.

Comment

Fair enough. You make a good point that perhaps she is being overplayed. But I don't call a 3-0 win a wipe out. I think someone mentioned it was a 1-0 game at half. And I have no idea how many minutes she played or what other games she may have played that day.
          And I do agree that if I was a parent of a child who has a regular roster spot on that team and pays all my fees I would not be happy to see my kid sit while this girl was brought in to secure the win.

Comment

Fair enough. You make a good point that perhaps she is being overplayed. But I don't call a 3-0 win a wipe out. I think someone mentioned it was a 1-0 game at half. And I have no idea how many minutes she played or what other games she may have played that day.
            And I do agree that if I was a parent of a child who has a regular roster spot on that team and pays all my fees I would not be happy to see my kid sit while this girl was brought in to secure the win.
            I think you are not following the conversation here. We are talking about a U13 league game last night. NEFC brought up lower-level players to fill in for some of their starters, in what was a meaningless (in the standings) make-up game. Game ended up 6-0 SSS, and this NT guest player was still playing until final whistle.

Comment

I think you are not following the conversation here. We are talking about a U13 league game last night. NEFC brought up lower-level players to fill in for some of their starters, in what was a meaningless (in the standings) make-up game. Game ended up 6-0 SSS, and this NT guest player was still playing until final whistle.
              Why did they do that? That seems to make no sense.

Comment

Ahh. Ok - I thought this was about the finals match at GPS tourney where SSS beat NEFC 3-0. My apologies. I thought that is where she guest played.
                You are right then- that's ridiculous.

Comment

Ahh. Ok - I thought this was about the finals match at GPS tourney where SSS beat NEFC 3-0. My apologies. I thought that is where she guest played.
                  You are right then- that's ridiculous.
                  Yeah that game you are thinking of was the U14's, and she is a regular rostered player on that team.

Comment

Wait, I am confused by all this hub-bub? Based on all this chatter, are you saying that a meaningless league game got out of control? Interestingly, the New England NPL rules mention only this:

Eligibility
                    All teams must be registered with New England NPL and have their US Club Soccer passes and their official US Club Soccer team roster. All information must be current. All players must be on the single printed US Club official roster; none may be handwritten. US Club passes, all from the same club, must be used for all New England NPL play. No coach or player may participate if his or her pass is not provided to the referee.

There must be some secret internal rule given out by the league, which has not been added to the rules page ( dated 2014 ) allowing players to be written in to rosters. Seems to me like the rules themselves need some cleaning up and clarification to end this misery for parents. Again, these are the New England NPL rules, no the NEP rules mind you... perhaps those are different as well? Here are the complete New England Girls NPL rules as well - http://www.newenglandgirlsnpl.com/rules.html Hope this keeps the flavor of the page moving forward :)

Comment

and then--buried deep inside the rules is a referee section which states this.
                      So....it appears to me that in one instance it states NO WRITE INS...then it states, sure, write in as many as you want ( there is no number of write in's stated but roster max size for field players is 18 )

Referees
                      a)
                      Player Verification
                      1. Game Roster Form
                      The Referee shall require that both teams provide two (2) copies of
                      the US Club Official Roster, one (1) to be given to the opposing coach. A player may be
                      handwritten on the bottom of this roster, provided they are on one of club’s other pre
                      printed US Club Official rosters and of the appropriate age.

Silly league......silly rules, especially when the spring results are so important for a club/team as the winner advances to Nationals.

Comment

Wait, I am confused by all this hub-bub? Based on all this chatter, are you saying that a meaningless league game got out of control? Interestingly, the New England NPL rules mention only this:

Eligibility
                        All teams must be registered with New England NPL and have their US Club Soccer passes and their official US Club Soccer team roster. All information must be current. All players must be on the single printed US Club official roster; none may be handwritten. US Club passes, all from the same club, must be used for all New England NPL play. No coach or player may participate if his or her pass is not provided to the referee.

There must be some secret internal rule given out by the league, which has not been added to the rules page ( dated 2014 ) allowing players to be written in to rosters. Seems to me like the rules themselves need some cleaning up and clarification to end this misery for parents. Again, these are the New England NPL rules, no the NEP rules mind you... perhaps those are different as well? Here are the complete New England Girls NPL rules as well - http://www.newenglandgirlsnpl.com/rules.html Hope this keeps the flavor of the page moving forward :)
                        I think the whole point wasn't a rule issue, but whether they SHOULD bring down a player to play in a meaningless game. NEFC actually brought players UP from a lower team for development, but SSS brought DOWN a player to WIN. There is absolutely NO benefit for a player of this caliber (who routinely plays on a U15 team and YNT) to play down at a younger age group. It's quite obvious that one club cares about development, and the other cares only about WINS.

Comment

I think the whole point wasn't a rule issue, but whether they SHOULD bring down a player to play in a meaningless game. NEFC actually brought players UP from a lower team for development, but SSS brought DOWN a player to WIN. There is absolutely NO benefit for a player of this caliber (who routinely plays on a U15 team and YNT) to play down at a younger age group. It's quite obvious that one club cares about development, and the other cares only about WINS.
                          Bingo!

Comment

The customers care about the wins, not the club.

Comment

Probably not just wins, but also a statement to the team's parents that they indeed can play with the big clubs. Stick with us, we're winners!

Comment

Not a affiliated with either club, but I've seen this girl play many times. She should be playing on their U15 team, and never guest playing anywhere but maybe up another age on a rare occasion. She's an exceptional talent, and should be treated as such. The only reason she ever plays in her age group is to win games for the club. It certainly has nothing to do with her development or protecting her.
                                This whole situation screams that SSS doesn't have the first clue about how to handle a true top level talent and are more interested in using her to win games so they can fill roster spots. First of all, a young player like this should be playing up at least 2-3 years for all of her games and certainly not at her own age group so if her team is involved in a blow out she is still in a position to get something from the game. Secondly, she should also have been down at PDA with an older team auditioning for national team and college coaches instead of playing in a regional tournament with her own age group. That alone tells you that no one from SSS is thinking about the kid's career and that they don't know how to market high end talent.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X