Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Crossfire Premier is leaving the Pacific Division of the NW Conference.

FCP and CU are in the bottom of the current 5 team division so to claim they are stronger than anyone could only be measured in st inkiness.
    Why are they leaving? Link? their coaching assignment for next season includes ECNL.

Comment

PAC NW Division has 14 teams. Most other divisions only have 8 or 9. Like Idaho, Oregon should only have one, not two teams. The player pool in Oregon, espescially after GDA will be too watered down to support two teams. FCP or CU needs to shut down but it's too big of a money grab to do so. I feel bad for any 04s walking into that pile.

Comment

Ecnl in Oregon development is crap. It's not hard to get recruit to college if you are good.

Ecnl is a joke considering what the kids are getting vs what they were getting prior.

The only team cu boasts college recruits is a team that play oysa until u17.

The current Ecnl developed batch is garbage. Just check the results, quality and turnover.

Overblown costs, terrible game schedule and smoke and mirrors.

College coaches aren't there to watch doormats but leave it up to the fcp mom who everyone knows is crazy to tell you different. Kw
        You trash the best of what Oregon currently has. Sorry Oregon sucks so bad. Maybe you should move. The top Oregon clubs have been the best and they will continue to be the best Oregon has for many years to come. There are other choices though...TAs, Thorns. Pick and move on. We can afford ECNL (our cost is about 6500, 2k for club fees and 4500 for travel. Playing higher level teams helps develop better than playing OYSA and it exposes players to college coaches. We don't claim to be the best in ECNL - that's not the drive. You will pay an arm and a leg to travel to multiple ID camps where they don't see you in live game play. Scrimmaging with other random girls is hardly ideal. That's why college coaches want to know players' schedules. They don't go to many OYSA games, but they are lined up at ECNL games. ID camps usually expose you to one or more colleges, whereas an ECNL weekend will expose you to a good dozen. CU's one team had the best results, but they aren't the only one who has had great results. Fact is both ECNL clubs send more girls off to college than anyone else. What's this smoke and mirrors you claim? It all seems pretty straight forward. Sorry it bugs you.

Comment

You trash the best of what Oregon currently has. Sorry Oregon sucks so bad. Maybe you should move. The top Oregon clubs have been the best and they will continue to be the best Oregon has for many years to come. There are other choices though...TAs, Thorns. Pick and move on. We can afford ECNL (our cost is about 6500, 2k for club fees and 4500 for travel. Playing higher level teams helps develop better than playing OYSA and it exposes players to college coaches. We don't claim to be the best in ECNL - that's not the drive. You will pay an arm and a leg to travel to multiple ID camps where they don't see you in live game play. Scrimmaging with other random girls is hardly ideal. That's why college coaches want to know players' schedules. They don't go to many OYSA games, but they are lined up at ECNL games. ID camps usually expose you to one or more colleges, whereas an ECNL weekend will expose you to a good dozen. CU's one team had the best results, but they aren't the only one who has had great results. Fact is both ECNL clubs send more girls off to college than anyone else. What's this smoke and mirrors you claim? It all seems pretty straight forward. Sorry it bugs you.

The data doesn't support anything you say.

Brass tax more girls from Oregon went on to play in college prior to two clubs joining an alternative regional/national league. Sorry to blow up your fantasy viewpoint. It was a fun read though.

Comment

Brass tax more girls from Oregon went on to play in college prior to two clubs joining an alternative regional/national league. Sorry to blow up your fantasy viewpoint. It was a fun read though.
            So combining the best players into the CU and FCP ECNL teams has not made those teams any stronger and has not increased the number of girls being recruited to college...but combining the best of the TA clubs into a GDA team will increase the number of Oregon players who get to the national team? That is some interesting logic you have.

Comment

So combining the best players into the CU and FCP ECNL teams has not made those teams any stronger and has not increased the number of girls being recruited to college...but combining the best of the TA clubs into a GDA team will increase the number of Oregon players who get to the national team? That is some interesting logic you have.
              Those are just two clubs (Fc & CU) and there current teams arent anywhere near the strength of the top teams just 5 to 10 years ago. The entire club landscape is diluted today and the proof is reflected with fewer girls going to college. Sorry you cant see the forest through the trees.

Comment

Ecnl will be fine for now. NorCal & many other top clubs staying ECNL. GDA will also be fine. Strong in the SoCal market that matters most. No one really cares about Oregon and our girls will be fine & the same as always too.

Comment

Where did I say more are going to college from Oregon NOW than BEFORE ecnl? Sorry your fantasy bubble includes twisting something you read into something you just want it to say so you can be a d bag and argue. I gave the viewpoint of why people go the ecnl route and why people pick those two clubs. Reread it if it was so fun. Fact still is, girls in Oregon are going to college from the ECNL teams more than any other club in Oregon despite where they started out. Show your facts otherwise. These two clubs have been around a long time and will continue to be a strong force in Oregon. I don't think reading that is much fun for you so feel free to try and twist what I said into something you just want to hear.

Comment

GDA's structure is to have 2 high school teams: a u15/16 combined team and a u17/18 combined team. Minimum rosters of 32 for each. All players get 25% starting time or fees are reimbursed. Who would go for that option?! Everyone complains about ECNL rosters of 22ish where the lower players can then play in OYSA games. What are players 19-32 going to do on the GDA teams? And how could Oregon get such a deep team going where all 32 are guaranteed start times of 25%. 32 is the minimum.

How many GDA Oregon teams will there be? The more the merrier. Right?

Comment

Where did I say more are going to college from Oregon NOW than BEFORE ecnl? Sorry your fantasy bubble includes twisting something you read into something you just want it to say so you can be a d bag and argue. I gave the viewpoint of why people go the ecnl route and why people pick those two clubs. Reread it if it was so fun. Fact still is, girls in Oregon are going to college from the ECNL teams more than any other club in Oregon despite where they started out. Show your facts otherwise. These two clubs have been around a long time and will continue to be a strong force in Oregon. I don't think reading that is much fun for you so feel free to try and twist what I said into something you just want to hear.
                      Fewer girls from Oregon are going to college then just five to ten years ago.. the same clubs that have always been here are still competing... the league they join has not improved anyone's chances ,

If you have any data that shows differently or facts please present. the ask is to show that more girls from FC Portland Lake Oswego s Willamette United Oregon City Clackamas United and Southside have improved their chances to go to college by choice of League you don't have any data to support that theory... don't get too Twisted about it it's your fiction.

Comment

Fewer girls from Oregon are going to college then just five to ten years ago.. the same clubs that have always been here are still competing... the league they join has not improved anyone's chances ,

If you have any data that shows differently or facts please present. the ask is to show that more girls from FC Portland Lake Oswego s Willamette United Oregon City Clackamas United and Southside have improved their chances to go to college by choice of League you don't have any data to support that theory... don't get too Twisted about it it's your fiction.
                        Again, never said anything about results pre/post ECNL and never said ECNL improved numbers from 10 years ago or that is was required. Please read again what I said (I know...fun!) I could care less about college signings pre/post ECNL. Fact is, currently, Oregon girls in that ECNL league you hate, are going on to college more than girls not in ECNL. As a parent, I appreciate the college exposure locally and out of state. The fact that less girls are going now than 10 years ago wasn't in anything I mentioned in my post. But since you seem to keep bringing it up and twisting what I say, I will say that blaming ECNL for that seems rather ludicrous to me.

Most parents are in the now and current state of things and currently, recruiting results and exposure to out of area colleges are big reasons why parents pick the ECNL route. If you don't see it as a benefit, then you have other choices. I don't see anything better developing in the near horizon.

Comment

CU and FCP both are getting killed in ECNL oregon or they are playing some really bad teams. Imagine flying to play a "elite" team and come to find out they aren't even the best in their state.

Not only are both teams getting killed even with some weaker teams, some of the strong ecnl teams think its a waste to play them.

Probably should note their B teams are getting killed in state.

Less players are going to college with this poor development model and its really showing in the tryout numbers and lack of talent that NO ONE trusts the ORegon ecnl scam artists and selling parents like at FCP where that mom just keeps spouting stuff to get players.

Look at the facts. FCP and CU have had maybe 1 out of every 10 teams that would be even top 10 in washington. Now they are told they need to fly to play a garbage team or a team they lose to 8-1.

What a joke ECNL is turning out to be. PLease tell us more about some propaganda that doesn't have anything to do with your team.

Comment

CU and FCP both are getting killed in ECNL oregon or they are playing some really bad teams. Imagine flying to play a "elite" team and come to find out they aren't even the best in their state.

Not only are both teams getting killed even with some weaker teams, some of the strong ecnl teams think its a waste to play them.

Probably should note their B teams are getting killed in state.

Less players are going to college with this poor development model and its really showing in the tryout numbers and lack of talent that NO ONE trusts the ORegon ecnl scam artists and selling parents like at FCP where that mom just keeps spouting stuff to get players.

Look at the facts. FCP and CU have had maybe 1 out of every 10 teams that would be even top 10 in washington. Now they are told they need to fly to play a garbage team or a team they lose to 8-1.

What a joke ECNL is turning out to be. PLease tell us more about some propaganda that doesn't have anything to do with your team.

If that isn't propoganda, I don't know what is. Our team has never lost by that many. Some teams struggle, but fact is, no other Oregon club would be able to produce 5 teams that could competitively compete in a national team. Oregon has its challenges and ECNL clubs are representing Oregon better than any other Oregon club could do. ECNL clubs are still sending more girls to college than any other club.

The joke is on you. ECNL is not going away anytime soon. You must be very insecure about losing players.

Comment

If that isn't propoganda, I don't know what is. Our team has never lost by that many. Some teams struggle, but fact is, no other Oregon club would be able to produce 5 teams that could competitively compete in a national team. Oregon has its challenges and ECNL clubs are representing Oregon better than any other Oregon club could do. ECNL clubs are still sending more girls to college than any other club.

The joke is on you. ECNL is not going away anytime soon. You must be very insecure about losing players.
                              *national league not team

Comment

All but one team out of both clubs, yes that's 1/8 that is managing. The rest are getting destroyed.

I don't think you know what you are talking about. It's like acknowledging that your program is garbage but you claim no one can do better so it's fine....

You college statement was based off of one team that didn't even do Ecnl until u17 and fcp isn't sending more girls to college then any other club.

Your arguments are surface and weak. You have nothing else to back it up.

Perhaps you should consider that you are insecure if your facts are so solid...

We know the truth, you know you look like an idiot who is easily fooled and now you have to defend yourself which makes you look even more silly.

Typical Oregon Ecnl coach and parent.

Speaks volumes on the lack of understanding you have.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X