X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    http://rise.espn.go.com/boys-soccer/...uit=BoysSoccer

looks like first d3 committ has been posted on espn rise, although i don't know what they are commiting to since they get no athletic money. i'm sure the top d3 players will start commiting soon.
    Because Mom and Dad wanted the world to know. All of these submissions are by players or more likely parents wanting to brag.

Comment

http://rise.espn.go.com/boys-soccer/...uit=BoysSoccer

looks like first d3 committ has been posted on espn rise, although i don't know what they are commiting to since they get no athletic money. i'm sure the top d3 players will start commiting soon.
      Perhaps they are committing because they have visited the campus, interviewed with admissions, met with the coach, attending a game, and feel that they have the perfect school for their academic and sports interests.

Comment

Perhaps they are committing because they have visited the campus, interviewed with admissions, met with the coach, attending a game, and feel that they have the perfect school for their academic and sports interests.
        Thank You! Finally, someone has put this into perspective. It is about the kids and their accomplishments; not cynical, jealous parents taking pot shots from a distance.

Comment

Let's start with Div1:

Miller Bucknell (2010 Holdover)

Buttersworth Holy Cross

Maqubela BC

Bielski UNH
          Any new news for this years senior boys?

Comment

Nothing. D2/D3 commitments should be made public soon

Comment

Nothing. D2/D3 commitments should be made public soon
              So we're done with D1 commitments at a total of 4, one of whom is really a 2010 player who actually will play???

Comment

So we're done with D1 commitments at a total of 4, one of whom is really a 2010 player who actually will play???
                Seems likely there may be a few more, but can't imagine more than 2 or 3 additional D1 commits who are receiving anything other than minimal athleitc aid at this point in the recruiting season as the $$$ athletic money is gone. Most likely there will be a number of D2 commits coming around the end of the year Dec/Jan timeframe and D3's will be forthcoming with ED1 and ED2 in play. Word to the wise for parents of younger boys---don't chase the D1 soccer scholarship train with grand expectations and you won't be dissappointed.

Comment

Maybe, just maybe, there are some players who won't post here and don't email the keeper of the commitment website. If my child were able to gain a spot, I can tell you, this is the last place I would post anything, and I'm not emailing the information either.

Comment

Congrats to Bielski for winning the state title with D/S. Does anybody know where the Rockport GK is playing next year? He was excellent

Comment

Congrats to Bielski for winning the state title with D/S. Does anybody know where the Rockport GK is playing next year? He was excellent
                      Congrats to all the D/S boys who also played. He couldn't have done it without them.

Comment

Congrats to all the D/S boys who also played. He couldn't have done it without them.
                        yes obviously... but we're talking about the 2011 commitments here

Comment

Other D1's

The only other name is Ugarte of RI who was a Bolts DAP player going to Providence. Good player. Disappointing that there is only 4 Verbals from MA out of app 450 total kids on ESPN Rise, less than 1%, especially since one is a 2010 holdover. I'll bet there are a few more to come, which may or may not hit ESPN Rise.

Comment

He's trying to decide between UCSB and BC last I heard, though I know for a fact neither are offering any athletic aid. Most kids don't receive any athletic aid because any players end up getting merit based financial need and to add even 1 cent to the top of that counts as a partial athletic aid. Schools only get around 9.5/10 full scholarships for their entire team. And since a lot of kids are covered on financial aid, its not that big of a problem.

Comment

He's trying to decide between UCSB and BC last I heard, though I know for a fact neither are offering any athletic aid. Most kids don't receive any athletic aid because any players end up getting merit based financial need and to add even 1 cent to the top of that counts as a partial athletic aid. Schools only get around 9.5/10 full scholarships for their entire team. And since a lot of kids are covered on financial aid, its not that big of a problem.
                              ucsb already has 2 frosh keepers and bc's starter is a soph and they have a frosh on the roster so if one of those schools somehow takes him, he wont be playing. he must have solid academics becuse he's def wouldn't get athletic money. also, i bet you'll see one or 2 mass 2011 commits to umass amherst. they are always late in recruiting and typically add a mass kid or 2 to late in the process to fill out the roster.

Comment

Seems likely there may be a few more, but can't imagine more than 2 or 3 additional D1 commits who are receiving anything other than minimal athleitc aid at this point in the recruiting season as the $$$ athletic money is gone. Most likely there will be a number of D2 commits coming around the end of the year Dec/Jan timeframe and D3's will be forthcoming with ED1 and ED2 in play. Word to the wise for parents of younger boys---don't chase the D1 soccer scholarship train with grand expectations and you won't be dissappointed.
                                exactly, anyone that commits by now would be lucky to get minimal athletic scholarship. only 3 of the four mass commits are getting athletic scholarships as Bucknell is one of the only d1's outside of the Ivy leauge schools, that doesn't offer athletic scholarships. they have still managed to make it to the ncaa's and beat top ranked teams which is remarkabl.

http://www.collegesoccernews.com/ind.../Page12626.htm

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X