Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They are 13 year old girls , lol , lots of changes !!!
    But there will be. There are loads of one-and-dones in this process.

Comment

They are looking at her too and a couple on the 03 Pride team
      How the hell do you know who is being looked at? Lmao. Give me a break. You are comical

Comment

Can you picture 13 year old girlshop smoking benchimpARK$slow dreamIX treading mudslimeDARK TRENCH.

WHAT IF STAGE COACH HORSE TRADE$wing smokey CORPSEALinks DEWarts chase boy$WINGERashOUT?!

BELGIAN WAFFLE HOUSEARING smokeDRUM$hip IHOParks smoking PAN CAKE$trip oven$TRAP FLESHair.

SPREADING ROAST BEEFarts smoking ISLANDER$pot FRUIT~CAKE$hop BUN$tripLACE SHOCKINGames.

$HIParks $hopARTS SMOKING TUNA FISHapes SALMONice sand$WITCH WIZARD DOG$pitRACK PET$can.

;-) :-P

Comment

Unfortunately even though not all coaches have an agenda... so many do, ussoccer must eliminate “coach recommendations” and hold scouts accountable on the boys and girls side.

If we want to maintain our dominance on the womens side or be relevant on the men’s side ussoccer needs to at least try... the da enviroment is better than nothing but selecting players without having games that are being scouted is an embarrassment. May as well just call it ecnl!

Comment

Unfortunately even though not all coaches have an agenda... so many do, ussoccer must eliminate “coach recommendations” and hold scouts accountable on the boys and girls side.

If we want to maintain our dominance on the womens side or be relevant on the men’s side ussoccer needs to at least try... the da enviroment is better than nothing but selecting players without having games that are being scouted is an embarrassment. May as well just call it ecnl!
            But what about all the girls not from Florida selected? Do they suck ? Or are connected? Do Florida girls need better connections? I’m confused

Comment

But what about all the girls not from Florida selected? Do they suck ? Or are connected? Do Florida girls need better connections? I’m confused
              On a national scale, Florida is considered a joke because of the way coaches, clubs, and DOCs only look out for themselves. It’s cutthroat club vs club as opposed to working together like clubs in the rest of the nation. The best interest of the kids has never been the priority in Florida.

Comment

On a national scale, Florida is considered a joke because of the way coaches, clubs, and DOCs only look out for themselves. It’s cutthroat club vs club as opposed to working together like clubs in the rest of the nation. The best interest of the kids has never been the priority in Florida.
                I moved down from Michigan. Michigan has some of the best clubs/players in the county year in and year out - despite having long, cold winters.

They have the same cut throat club vs. club as opposed to working together. The one big difference I see is they charge more and pay coaches more and it seems like the coaching is at a higher level at some clubs.

Comment

My friend my friend , you obviously know nothing about California soccer. Florida backstabbing and cutthroat is child’s play compared to clubs in Cali. The difference is they are constantly getting selects for national teams and camps. It’s all mostly about connections , most defenders and defensive mids play same way, how much better does defender a from Cali need to be compared to defender b from Florida. what they are really trying to find is the quick technical kid to create plays and score goals. That’s where scouts need to stop with the buddy buddy system and actually scout.

Comment

My friend my friend , you obviously know nothing about California soccer. Florida backstabbing and cutthroat is child’s play compared to clubs in Cali. The difference is they are constantly getting selects for national teams and camps. It’s all mostly about connections , most defenders and defensive mids play same way, how much better does defender a from Cali need to be compared to defender b from Florida. what they are really trying to find is the quick technical kid to create plays and score goals. That’s where scouts need to stop with the buddy buddy system and actually scout.
                    Yes that is true from a USSF standpoint. It's still "mostly" about talent but connections and politics play a big role as well. Many GDA parents may be surprised to learn this but it has been happening for years in BDA. Some of the boys selected have dads working for clubs or top connections with those clubs. Needless to say not all are deserving and they take spots away from kids who do deserve a shot. Unless this changes US soccer will continue to go nowhere.

That said, CA dominates in the player pool for top college soccer programs so they are doing many things right out there.

Comment

It's quite simple - the National Training Center is in Carson City, CA and the greater proximity your club is to Carson City the greater exposure you get, then you get noticed and get better training and then all the sudden you're better than girls from across the country.

Comment

It's quite simple - the National Training Center is in Carson City, CA and the greater proximity your club is to Carson City the greater exposure you get, then you get noticed and get better training and then all the sudden you're better than girls from across the country.
                        This.

x 10.

Plus factor in that coaches have better relationships with staff due to proximity.

Comment

Oooo I was under the impression it was the United States national team not the closest to Carson city national team ??!!

Us soccer has a current surplus of over 100 million dollars , spend it !

Comment

Oooo I was under the impression it was the United States national team not the closest to Carson city national team ??!!

Us soccer has a current surplus of over 100 million dollars , spend it !
                            The budget will not be spent on U14 national team. u17 and up get the majority of the women

Comment

I’ve been to ecnl showcases the last couple of years. Before GDA , ecnl was the most elite level, right? I’ve seen the best of the best girls from Texas , jersey , California etc. there is nothing out there that is far superior than our better Florida girls. Of course you have a couple of exceptions , but all in all most of the girls selected to these national team camps have the same level as the majority of the better girls from all states. Hooks and politics have always ruled.

My older girl is aging out , but hopefully the new crew demands that scouts at least try and not relay on coaches recommending players. They get expense paid travel to showcases and most spend their time at the hotel bar trying to hit on the soccer moms. Then go watch a portion of a game or two while nursing their hangover. There is zero accountability when the girl doesn’t work out.

For the new GDA parents who are skeptical , you will be surprised! Hopefully with GDA it’s a little different but prob not

Comment

I’ve been to ecnl showcases the last couple of years. Before GDA , ecnl was the most elite level, right? I’ve seen the best of the best girls from Texas , jersey , California etc. there is nothing out there that is far superior than our better Florida girls. Of course you have a couple of exceptions , but all in all most of the girls selected to these national team camps have the same level as the majority of the better girls from all states. Hooks and politics have always ruled.

My older girl is aging out , but hopefully the new crew demands that scouts at least try and not relay on coaches recommending players. They get expense paid travel to showcases and most spend their time at the hotel bar trying to hit on the soccer moms. Then go watch a portion of a game or two while nursing their hangover. There is zero accountability when the girl doesn’t work out.

For the new GDA parents who are skeptical , you will be surprised! Hopefully with GDA it’s a little different but prob not
                                In truth, unless your daughter has aspirations to play on the National Team (not everyone wants to go that route), GDA is not the only path to playing in college. ECNL still holds value, and hell, there are even girls who played H.S. and regular club soccer who found themselves on college soccer teams (in all divisions). This idea that DA or ECNL are the only ways is simply ludicrous.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X